[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you like Type-Moon anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Mahōtsukai_no_Yoru_game_cover.jpg (54 KB, 400x484) Image search: [Google]
Mahōtsukai_no_Yoru_game_cover.jpg
54 KB, 400x484
Why don't you like Type-Moon anymore?
>>
File: IMG280.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG280.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>14461715
No new games since Mahoyo (and even then it was a second rate release only to fill the no-new-releases void), no Comiket presence and the only "news" are crappy derivative games or some new anime adaption by 3rd parties.
>>
became too popular for /jp/
>>
>>14461752
has your opinion on the company changed with time?
>>
>>14461715
/jp/ expanded its horizons and came to realize that even their supposed magnum opus was mediocre chuunishit that was far eclipsed by all of the VNs that have yet to be translated.
>>
>>14461812
>reading VNs for literary value
>>
File: IMG281.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG281.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>14461782
Pictured are all the releases by Type-Moon in their fifteen years of history. It can be summarized as 3 games + fandiscs and the re-releases of said 3 games + fandiscs.

I used to love Type-Moon and a year ago I replayed the Vita versions of Fate/stay night and hollow ataraxia and I still love their games, but at this point I think Tsukihime Remake, Girls' Work or Mahoyo sequel is vaporware. They don't have the company mentality to seriously keep releasing new stuff like Alicesoft or Leaf/Aquaplus, and sooner or later their goose that laid golden eggs will die of old age.
>>
>>14461875
Neat
>>
>>14461875
How much presence does Type-Moon carry compared to other companies like Alicesoft or Lead/Aquaplus?
>>
>>14461998
Not him, but way more if you count adaptations of their VNs. In most LN/manga/anime shops in Akihabara, I saw a Type-Moon corner.
>>
>>14462011
Who is the target audience for the Type-Moon corner?
>>
>>14462041
Type-Moon fans
>>
>>14462041
The shit I know. Standing all there all day and observing who comes to it would be weird.
>>
>>14462184
How long do you think the company will last?
>>
>>14462195
Forever? At its core it's like three people - Nasu, Takeuchi and Meteor. The royalties from endless Fate adaptations must mean they can live happily ever after.
>>
When is the cooking installment?
>>
>>14462335
>Meteor
>core member
>not even one of the founders
>>
I never liked type moons to begin with.
>>
>>14461715
Seriously where can I play this translated? My guess is nowhere.
>>
>>14468290
Apply the bootleg patch to your Mahoyo installation

>Chapters 1-5 done, so I figure that's as good a place as any for a release. Done being in rhetorical air quotes, of course. Chapters 1 and 1.5 were done last time I released a patch but they were shit and I changed them, and that'll probably happen again. Special thanks to Waku Waku for his superior image editing and Quibi for coding up some nice things.

>Patches go in savedata/patches, and please delete anything you've got in there first. Also delete your save files because I changed a lot of system stuff and you'll probably fuck something up if you don't.

https://mega.nz/#F!loBEBJDB!LMlgzDXX_ZnnRtnKFbXhQQ
>>
>>14461715
I still like Type Moon. Even after all these years, FSN is still my favorite VN.
>>
All ages
>>
>>14461875
Eroge-wise, I guess.
They smelled the cash in mixed media, namely LN/vidya/anime/manga/mobage and now they're happy simply making extended mixed media works using the same lazy universe and thus stagnated in the eroge realm and have created nothing new of worth.

Fate/GO is going strong right now and might last them for a couple of months/years more but I wish they did something new already. Maybe Nasu would stop being so lazy if he suddenly saw himself without cash again, but that ain't happening anytime soon.
>>
>>14461715
Too much fate milking
No Tsukihime
Low quality pandering fate milking
>>
>>14470474
Couldn't find the full game w/o it having a virus so I just got the demo for now. Thanks for this though
>>
Their obsession with Fate and pure commercial hunger for money ruined it.

They have a lot of projects like KnK, Notes, Tsukihime, Mahoyo and they could make even more truly original stuff.
But instead Type-Moon reduced themselves to a 1-franchise-studio.
>>
>>14461715
Type Moon is liked here and in other boards/websites.

The Fate milking is annoying.
>>
>>14482333
I dunno if Mahoyo level production values really pay for themself. I'm glad they're getting filthy rich off of a mobage, now they can probably do whatever they want for tsukihime.
>>
Fate franchise was milked so much I cannot handle them anymore
>>
File: its dont.png (52 KB, 1074x1192) Image search: [Google]
its dont.png
52 KB, 1074x1192
>>14461715
What?
>>
Do you really need to ask?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.