[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here like both Cutesokyo and Grimsokyo equally? In
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 1902693.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1902693.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1600
Anyone else here like both Cutesokyo and Grimsokyo equally? In one world everything can be dark and brutal, but in the other world everything can be a wonderful place. A lot of Touhou characters are really badass and I like to imagine them killing hundreds of people or other things, but at the end of the day I prefer them being cheery and peaceful and playing firework dodgeball then getting drunk.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>14459717
Both feel wrong. Bright and beautiful, with some adventurous danger is my kind of Gensokyo. Homely and nostalgic after the incident.
>>
I prefer Sexokyo, where everyone is always getting dicks inside them, even the dudes.
>>
>>14460137
Excellent taste.
>>
>>14459717
i'm not fond of rumia eating humans and sakuya butchering them so cutesokyo
>>
>>14459717
Look at that stinky miko.
>>
>>14459717
I like both, but Grimsokyo or better; Edgysokyo gets too retarded most of the time, the fanon around is pretentious, not reasonable at all, and it always go way over the line, being ready to trow away everything in the official material for the sake for a bit more of gore, grim and edge.
>>
>>14459717
>>14459984
>>14460137
>>14461818
black_tewi.jpg
>>
>>14461871
Go read a wiki.
>>
>>14461518
I generally prefer Cutesokyo too, but I like imagining alternate worlds where the youkai of Gensokyo actually use their powers.
>>
File: 1299204055433.jpg (243 KB, 1080x950) Image search: [Google]
1299204055433.jpg
243 KB, 1080x950
It has to be cute and grim, both!
The official works are all fairly cute and inconsequential, but if you start putting things together, you realize that dark things have happened.
Cute with a grim border, if you stay in the cute you'll be fine.
Things like DiPP exist, and Forbidden Scrollery is full of "Kosuzu, this is a bad idea".
>>
>>14462556
This is the best way to put it. Canon Gensokyo is a place with both dark and bright shit in it. I'm actually impressed at how ZUN didn't just make it Happy Magical Waifu Land even if half the fucking fanbase wants it like that
>>
File: 006.jpg (1 MB, 1188x1980) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
1 MB, 1188x1980
Super cute and cheery combined with killing hundreds of people is the solution
>>
I like both but combined they feel like eating pizza and ice cream at the same time. I don't want to see a cute face on my touhou when she's on a rampage. It just doesn't feel right. Of course, there are exceptions and diversity is usually welcome
>>
I like when both are shown at the same time. I don't remember the name of the artist, but I loved the doujin series in which one of the chapters was Sanae becoming a full-title youkai. That kind of Gensokyo is the best because all the 2hus are really cute and act like cute girls, while at the same time behaving like monsters who have been around for thousands of years.
>>
File: aya and kosuzu.jpg (145 KB, 500x745) Image search: [Google]
aya and kosuzu.jpg
145 KB, 500x745
Canon Gensokyo seems to be a mix of both, but with more light than dark. And it seems like things could change more for the better in the future. At least that is the direction I'm hoping things are going in.

For example I'm pretty much expecting Kosuzu to end up a youkai and I think how Reimu responds to that will be a big event. Will she kill Kosuzu like she did the fortune teller?

I think Grimsokyo interpretations can stay in the trash, honestly. Those always seem to be overdone with the author trying to ensure maximum edginess in the way things happen.

Cutesokyo is nice and fun.
>>14462923
>but I loved the doujin series in which one of the chapters was Sanae becoming a full-title youkai.
This isn't that dumb thing with human sacrifice is it?
>>
File: 1393776294388.png (32 KB, 226x161) Image search: [Google]
1393776294388.png
32 KB, 226x161
What a fucking shit thread. Kill yourself, neither of those things are real.

Cant wait for more "X is cute! Cute!" threads and other autistic shit with "!" in the OP.
>>
>>14464215
What is the real deal then?
>>
>>14462556
>>14462580
Yin Yang thought is beautiful stuff. I don't think that the primary fan base in Japan wants Happy Magical Wifu land at all. Yin-Yang thought is so pervasive in Japanese storytelling that the audience would find it very weird and probably be turned off by a story that didn't have the interplay of opposites.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.