[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touhou Hypothetical Scenario Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10
File: Remilia.jpg (9 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
Remilia.jpg
9 KB, 204x204
Post a hypothetical series events or alternate events and discuss what would happen.
>>
File: pissed reimu.jpg (117 KB, 636x888) Image search: [Google]
pissed reimu.jpg
117 KB, 636x888
>>14449655
OP here Ill start.

Reimu goes insane and thinks that inorder to exterminate yokai once and for all she has to exterminate everyone and everything because of the possibility that it can be come "impure" and become a yokai. So I guess you could say this would be reimus final solution.
>>
What if Kasen wasn't an Oni?
>>
Alice confesses her love to Marisa, but Marisa rejects her and Alice kills herself and nobody cares.
>>
>>14449670
I checked the wiki, it never said that she was an oni. Even if she where wouldn't she be in the former hell if that where the case.

Did you mean if Kasen was an Oni?
>>
>>14449684

I mean but seriously. Its obvious that she's an Oni. Too obvious which makes me think that all the evidence is just a Red Herring.

But that's an even more obvious twist!

I don't know what to think anymore!
>>
>>14449694
Oni in touhou seem to be retardedlly strong and be alcoholics and have horns as with the case of suuika and yugi. after looking up this newhu on the wiki I found nothing that would even imply.
>>
>>14449664
Sounds like one of them moon plots. They are probably behind it somehow.
>>
File: 1425688853192.jpg (90 KB, 673x415) Image search: [Google]
1425688853192.jpg
90 KB, 673x415
>>14449707
Zun associates Oni with chains. All his Oni have chains. Kansen has chains.

As you can see here.
>>
Yukari stops importing tea. Suddenly there is no reason to obey the spellcard rules of engagement. Grimdark commences.
>>
Touhou is memeshit
>>
>>14449707
>newhu

Secondary.
>>
Christianity comes to Gensokyo. It's just another one of the religions except that the Church of Gensokyo manages to spoil relations with absolutely everyone but it receives many unexpected converts. Sanae is finally revealed to be Jewish along with Suwako. Basically another incident. Reimu is opposed to this Christian influence, Marisa expressed some interest but is turned away for being a witch, Moriya shrine can't let this slide at all, Sakuya is there because Remilia has a deeply antagonistic attitude towards Christianity and is also intensely familiar with it, as is, perhaps, Sakuya. Etc etc, maybe the first bosses will be converted girls, after that it's all new characters.
>>
In the GATE series, the portal opens up in Gensokyo instead of generic fantasy land. Hilarity ensues
>>
Who touhou has the loudest and stinkiest farts?
>>
MIMA
>>
>>14449794
I'd kinda like to see this happen, but knowing that ZUN is japanese he'd probably fumble it all
>>
File: 4d0f71c223b146d0dec8a5a93b19010e.jpg (924 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
4d0f71c223b146d0dec8a5a93b19010e.jpg
924 KB, 1800x1200
Not really hypothetical, but I'm wrapping my head around the possibility of Seihou 1 extra being canon.

Like, why is Gensokyo just a big lake/sea with the shrine in the middle? Is it because they're fighting in a branch Hakurei shrine (it's the future so who knows) or has a great disaster flooded Gensokyo?

The youkai Marisa theory in the stage is well known but what about Reimu? If this is really the future, she should be dead unless she becomes a youkai/magician. One possibility is Reimu became so powerful that she attained godhood and thus became immortal.

One thing about that stage that I find interesting is that VIVIT crossed the barrier without any trouble. I think because she is an inanimate object that she can cross the barrier at will considering she appeared in Seihou 2 and also foreign outside objects are known to be found in Gensokyo in Rinnosuke's shop.
>>
>>14449794
>>14451208

Stage 1 Boss: Rumia
Stage 2 Boss: dunno
Stage 3 Boss: The girl holding the cross from the Dolls in Pseudo Paradise cover
Stage 4 Midboss/Stage 5 Midboss: Anjiro
Stage 4 Boss: Saint Paulo Miki
Stage 5 Boss: Saint Francis Xavier
Stage 6 Boss: Shiro Amakusa
EX Boss: Sariel
>>
>>14451470
Do NOT convert little Rumia!
>>
>>14449655
Reisen rapes me like Stacia in UnLove S
>>
>>14452199
Not trying to convert her, I was going for the dumb joke about how her arms are held out in the crucifix position. In Touhou fashion, this would somehow lead the protagonist to assume she's related.

The second character could be one of the actual converted though. I'm thinking Wriggle because she's convenient and as another joke she could summon a plague of locusts on recommendation or as her only takeaway from the Bible.
>>
Remilia comes out of my computer screen and lets me lick her loli-loli puss-puss all night long
>>
What if there was a massive Youkai uprising that couldn't be controlled with ordinary danmaku? Is Reimu capable of going nuclear and nuke all of Gensokyo if necessary?
>>
Gensokyo starts to fade away from it's realm and the barrier to the real world breaks down.

Would be interesting to see what goes further on.
>>
>>14454499
Gensokyo fades away with the barrier.
The barrier is not so much to contain yokai inside but rather to warranty their survival, it's like a fish tank.
>>
A basic one:
What if Reimu dies in an accident or something? What would that mean to the future of Gensokyo?
>>
>>14454525
Yukari resurrects her. Ordered by Zun.
>>
>>14454525
>What if Reimu dies in an accident or something?

She can't though, at least in the windows era.
>>
Yukari and a powerful fairy queen from the European equivalent to Gensokyo decide to hold a little protagonist exchange program out of boredom. Two connected games, one about Reimu and Marisa being dumped into a fairy mound and having to fight redcaps and kelpies, the other about the Eastern adventures of a Quixotic chuuni knight girl and a bloodthirsty princess who is not-so-secretly a werewolf.

Extra stage is a djinn from the Arabian fantasy land (Cafcuh, maybe?), who picked up on the little game and wants to join in on the fun.
>>
>>14455559
>Quixotic chuuni knight girl
Gensokyo needs this.
>>
I want a Touhou game that follows Kogasa as she tries to scare people, but eventually becomes wrapped up in a larger incident, only realizing she's in over her head after she's passed the point of no return.
>>
File: 1449078609588.png (934 KB, 1000x962) Image search: [Google]
1449078609588.png
934 KB, 1000x962
>>14451312
No all gensokyo, I think that the silk road ended in the same place that lake (or pond) showed in SoEW, marisa maybe become a celestial in this point and respected how VIVIT cross the barrier you got it
but that really I don't know is how yuuka could go to the "real world" and the "real space" (anyone know were muse live?)
>>
File: 5 the emperor.jpg (214 KB, 892x1000) Image search: [Google]
5 the emperor.jpg
214 KB, 892x1000
How would Gensokyo fare through the eons into the 41st millennium?
Clearly there's a lot of things that can occur in that many years, but assuming that the formula of incidents occurring, them being solved by a miko or other important person and homeostasis being maintained could Gensokyo survive and the barrier remain intact (leading to an inexplicable gap between the atmosphere piercing hives of terra) or would the "preserve" nature of Gensokyo be rendered null when other planets could be colonized (and perhaps a whole planet be claimed and wiped off the star charts to be a home for the youkai and their "villagers") or could Gensokyo even hold the massive amounts of "forgotten" things from the dark age of technology and could their society maintain its ignorance and contain it's bloodthirst when things like conventional firearms are altogether forgotten and thus end up there
That also brings up how youkai would interact with daemons, were they one in the same the whole time, youkai being warp entities born of less tenacious ideas like nature and jealousy over something like pure violence or despair, or are they something different all together?
What would the immortals be doing in this time, would they have had any hand in things like the Horus Heresy?
Would the rabbits be mad that their home is turned into a gun by humans?
>>
>>14457683
I think after that substantial amount of time, gensokyo would be radically different. After 39,000 Years the world could be very different. Gensokyo is not even 150 years old.
>>
File: 1456893262.jpg (48 KB, 279x299) Image search: [Google]
1456893262.jpg
48 KB, 279x299
Everyone on the /jp/ gets to live happy lives with their waifus in their own personal Gensokyos.
>>
>>14458967
/thread
>>
what if reimu was dead all along

thank you for watching Game Theories

remember to #like and #subscribe
>>
>>14449707
The oni Ibaraki-douji was the lieutenant of the legendary Shuten-douji, the basis for Suika.
>>
Sakuya and Meiling finally have uncovered enough information about Remilia and Flans weaknesses and put their plans in motion to defeat them

It can be assumed Sakuya is very patient with time on her side to be able to do this and since she hires people its a fair assumption she told Meiling of her plan and she agreed. Keep your enemies closer kind of thing, so to speak.
>>
>>14459122
yeah just take them on a walk during the day and out of no where decided to remove the umbrella that is keeping them protected from the sun.
>>
File: 1446457775597.png (964 KB, 850x637) Image search: [Google]
1446457775597.png
964 KB, 850x637
>>14459122
>wanting to hurt mistress
>>
>>14452808
>Wriggle
>She
uh
>>
>>14459157
dont they just evaporate and cant they walk around a little in the sun?
>>
>>14460082
>has
>>
A transpacific flight from California to Japan disappears in a storm over the ocean and crash lands in the outskirts of Gensokyo with only a few passenger injuries. What percentage of passengers make it to the human village without being eaten by youkai, and would the survivors try to escape Gensokyo or accept their new lives?
>>
>>14460244
yeah i could take my 2hus to the red wood forest.
>>
>>14460133
I know, they start to get a bad sun burn, then they completely combust all together.
>>
>>14457683
>touhou
>in so far future
considering the settings probably the spirit word was experimenting 5 or more retcons in this point, the youkai probably rearched the point of near extintion or an unexpected flowering in her population (but with a really fiere competition of resources psykers like sumireko) and maybe her half blood descendants with humans are demihumans like felines ones, but gensokyo if it still exists probably relocated in any planet in the external ring of the screaming vortex living in tecnomagic autocratic society because is probable that the emperor find and destroy the barrier in the early cruzade
and damn junko and her furies incarnates run wild in the inmaterium

>all above is speculah
>>
http://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/res/12367.html#13422
>>
File: IMG_1843.jpg (145 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1843.jpg
145 KB, 1000x667
>>14449655
What about if Moku was given the power of a god and one day lost her mind and made gensokyo lit.
>>
>>14449794
This is the best and most realistic one so far, at least ZUN-wise.
>>
>>14465336
Yukari makes a new Gensokyo it's not hard it's literally cookie-cutter a bit of the outside world out and add a barrier
>>
>>14465391
Someone has made a fangame with a similiar concept before. I think it was called The Last Corner
>>
>>14449794
Toss in some Christ-Chan and I'm in...
>>
>>14449655
>Best Korea launches a nuke @ Japan
>It hits the Hakurei shield; Japan is saved, but major incidency ensuses in Gensokyo.
>Gensokyo declares war on Best Korea; Lunarians end up disintegrating Lil Kim

A new nation is born, under the governance of the Princess of Darkness, and a strange new "Chancellor" named Ceres Victoria

>The nuke that hit the shield causes vast pools of crude oil to spring up. It soon becomes clear that Gensokyo new oil reserves DWARF the entire middle east.

>International intrigue and hilarity ensues...
>>
>>14449655
Transylvania or southern Spain, your call...

>An archaeological dig @ the Scarlet Devil Mansion unearths a tiny coffin... allegedly Remilia stillborn child, caused by the later stages of the Spanish Inquisition...

A group of unknown touhous/youkai's spirit away w/ the tiny coffin and bring it to Gensokyo

>It was a dark secret Remilia told no one about. The stillborn baby girl [ofc!] was named Guinnevere...

Anyways, 2 weeks go by, the coffin starts to rattling and scooting across the room, and suddenly breaks open, splinters flying, like a baby chick pecking it's way out of an egg...

>A healthy baby girl emerges. Congrats, Remilia, you're a mommy...
>>
>>14465589
I meant to say:

>An archaeological dig @ the Scarlet Devil Mansion's original location
>>
>Gensokyo becomes overpopulated after an influx of supernatural crap coming in
>east vs west mythology wars happen
>>
I go to Gensokyou
A youkai eats me
I am now dead
The end
>>
After too much shitposting on /k/ about 5.7mm, someone gives Marisa a cummy tummy
>>
>>14449794
christianity needs to go to gensokyou as it has fallen to myth

but not jewish/muslim, they have no place not even in fantasy
>>
Would a nuclear war that destroyed the outside world affect anything in Gensokyo?
>>
Lolk phantasm stage is the way back through the dream world. midboss flings tiles at you, boss sleeps in a mansion and wears plaid pants.
>>
>>14465756
Gensokyo would look pretty with all it's flowers in bloom.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.