[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /jp/, im relatively new to the board and this question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1420663986674.png (141 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1420663986674.png
141 KB, 500x500
Hello /jp/, im relatively new to the board and this question might be something you get alot and fucking hate but your the best people to ask: Is there a good way to learn japanese online or am I basically fucked unless I pay for something like rosetta stone? I want to learn, so please tell me about how you guys learned and what the best first step is. Thanks for your help!
>>
>>>/a/134313066
>>
>>14442579
Thank you kindly, are there any other resources I can use?
>>
>>14442588
>>>/out/
>>
>>14442592
but im a genuine shut in
>>
For starter, learn hiragana and katakana. There are dozens of sites for that.
http://realkana.com/ like this one.
Then use whatever the DJT recommends to learn grammar and words.
>>
>>14442640
>no wi
>no we
Don't give people bad websites.
>>
サンプルテキスト
>>
Hope you are still around and it helps:
>>14442573
Rosetta Stone is shit. I 'found' a copy of it. It is really poorly made and not worth a penny imo.

Stay away from HUGE vocabulary lists and kanji-grind. Its not motivating nor fun at all.
Think about how you learned your native language: The natural and fun way.
As japanese uses a different alphabet we need some preperations though.

>>14442640
>http://realkana.com/
Thats a good start. Both Kana you need to be able to read and write from heart, in your sleep! Its the only real grind for a long while.

Your first steps in reading and writing:
http://jplang.tufs.ac.jp/en/ka/1/1.html
Do ALL the lessons, multiple times if needed. Always write alongside, both on keyboard and paper is possible. (Atleast I learn the best by writing shit down)
Very easy and intuitive website, keeps you interested and motivated.
Almost no kanji needed, and if so its explained.
But its all Kana, so get that hammered into your head first.

Now its up to you. At this point you should have mastered the grammer. (Japanese grammer is really easy, no worries) and the only big hurdle left is the vocab and kanji.
I tried grinding kanji at first and burned out, quitted the language for a good year.
DONT do that.

Learn speaking and writing basics first. And this is easier said than done.
The best way to learn ANY language is to submerge yourself into it and it will practically learn itself. The best way is obviously a long term trip for the really dedicated but there are other ways.

What I did:
A)
Watch dramas, not only are they really entertaining but can help you big time to get that 'everyday language' down. Rewatch them. (VERY IMPORTANT). no need to look at the visuals anymore, just listen.
A few dramas in you'll notice many things begin to sound very familiar and you instinctively pick up their meaning.
If unsure, look it up via dictionaries. (Just type down what you hear, often google will correct you anyway if needed)

After a while you'll get most of the basic speech learned without any hassle or vocab lists. Keep doing this for years if possible, transition to TV shows, news, etc once you are confident (News are the last step, thats years from now dont worry.)

I do NOT recommend Anime, its often very exaggerated speech and not accurate at times.

B)
Post-it everything! Fridge, taoster, keyboard, desk, lamp, seat.... Your entire apartment/house should be yellow.
Write the names in kana AND kanji at the start.

Eventually, just like listening to dramas you'll remember every object just from using it daily. And even get to know their kanji.
Occasionally go and re-write some of those kanjis while walking around the house. Practice is most important.

C)
Talk out loud. And learn what you heard on TV or shows. This is SO very important to help you pronounce shit accurately. I am german, so japanese is fairly easy to pick up and speak. Americans seem to have big trouble getting the pronounciation correct, do NOT neglect that.
Read out loud all your post its, entire lessons on that website, articles. Repeat what you hear on shows etc.

D)
Ultimately, the last step is finding someone to talk to. Why would you learn a language if not to use it right? Once you feel confident with basic everday language go ahead and look for someone online. Many sources around.

TIPS:
It might feel like a good idea, music lyrics however are no good for learning most of the times. Often sentences are far to lyrical and not practical. Thats some really advanced stuff for later.

Kanji, how to learn it?
Get rikkaichan. (Pic related) An addon for firefox. You hover over any kind of japanese text and it will be translated on the fly. Not only that, it also tells you where the 'spaces' are between individual words. Thats REALLY helpful early on.
It will translate all kanji into kana aswell, for easy reading access.

And on top of all that, of course do your vocab lists and repeat writing kanji over and over and over... But do not focus on it TO much, it will make you loose interest in the language fast.
Aim for a good balance between all of those.

Good luck.
>>
>>14442959
OP ignore this faggot he's a known troll.
>>
>>14443502
I had no idea I am a troll
>>
>>14442959
Vielen Dank Anon-sama! Ich bin zwar nicht OP aber lerne gerade Japanisch.
>>
>>14442959
>>14453474
Kannst du mir übrigens einige Dramasendungen empfehlen?
>>
>your the best
Learn English first.
>>
>>14453474
>>14453479
>german
just die.
>>
I want to learn how 2 speak Japan!!!!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.