[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRITTEN ALL OVER SUIKA'S GOURD? Is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: gourd.jpg (387 KB, 1000x650) Image search: [Google]
gourd.jpg
387 KB, 1000x650
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRITTEN ALL OVER SUIKA'S GOURD?

Is there any official word on this?
I tried checking the official mangas, but they left the seals blank.

So my last resource was to go for figures - there are two seemingly official ones - Griffin Enterprise's PVC static figure and Figma's.
They probably had to ask ZUN for permission and stay loyal to the original design, but, even so, each company used different kanjis on their gourd seals.

Also there is this unused mob from Uwabami Breakers.

Are any of these relevant? Or they just put some filler content?

I managed to sort Uwabami's out: 呑巫, which looks like something along the lines of "Absorption Sorcerer" (maybe "spell"?). Which makes sense since these gourds can hold an infinite amount of sake.
>>
>mangas
>kanjis
>>
File: Suika_rough.jpg (125 KB, 1024x480) Image search: [Google]
Suika_rough.jpg
125 KB, 1024x480
Also there is ZUN's official concept, but no way in hell to tell what's written in it.
>>
File: 1397682915005.jpg (822 KB, 1300x975) Image search: [Google]
1397682915005.jpg
822 KB, 1300x975
>>14405041
"The please of being cummed inside while drunk"
>>
Sake demon
>>
>>14405041
AFAIK, it doesn't hold an infinite amount of sake, but there's a sake bug inside that *produces* an infinite amount, so she keeps it corked when not drinkin'.
>>
What a passionate fan you are. I tried investigating it myself, and there just isn't any official information.

Have to be creative and wonder what would you write on a seal or charm to keep a small black fishlike alcohol-producing creature inside.
>>
>>14405041
Isn't it just her final spell card but in caligraphy?

百万鬼夜行 ?
>>
File: 1448509716201.jpg (13 KB, 314x263) Image search: [Google]
1448509716201.jpg
13 KB, 314x263
>>14405041

伊吹瓢
びょう
>>
File: nyoho.png (100 KB, 804x1604) Image search: [Google]
nyoho.png
100 KB, 804x1604
>>
>>14405041
>巫
>Sorcerer
>>
All hand made sake gourds usually have these on them. It's not just Suika's.

Naoosatsu

Smaller is "(God of Oyama regrets) Oyama 咋神", is the God of the name of the drink.

The larger the "Bong brewing gods of heaven and earth eight hundred thousand Miki Un-cho Motoino"
and (to dedicate prayer that continues for a long time is luck of liquor to God of God eight million of the God of heaven land Upon brew)
Are writing small on both sides "Sakekai God (of Oke avoid hair) Sakekai-ko (this only Oke avoid)."

Basically they slap prayers to the booze gods on them.
>>
>>14406222
Why aren't western religions this practical?
Instead of joining hands and praying before a meal, why don't we just stick paper to the plates with the prayers attached?
>>
>>14406240
>practical
>stick paper to the plates

because you are not as smart as jp
>>
>>14406240
No joke, patent the idea of "Prayer Plates" and sell it. You could make a couple thousand off it maybe if someone hasn't beaten you there.
>>
>>14406164
Funny, why do people say that, then? I did some digging and no mention of infinite sake anywhere.
But it says her gourd is limited to small portions because she's in Gensokyo. How bigger would it be elsewhere?
And, since she has the power to manipulate density, couldn't she compress more water than normal inside of it?

>>14406188
You are one character too long.

>>14406200
Well done, dude. Seems about right. That's the name of the thing, "Ibuki Hyoutan" (gourd).

>>14406222
I don't get what you're talking about, anon.
>>
>>14406317

I think things like that already exist. But they tend to just be decorative.

Also, the only part of that idea that you could protect would be the image you put on the plate. Provided it is an image and not just some words.
>>
>>14406719
What about this thing?

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Sake_Bug
>>
>>14408441
What about it? Doesn't say much about total capacity.
>>
>>14409026
>>14408441
>>14406719
The creature converts water into sake. Of course, you have to scoop up water with the container every now and then.
Source: Strange and Bright Nature Deity chapter 18
>>
File: 1290470091266.jpg (181 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
1290470091266.jpg
181 KB, 500x488
>>14409074
From the Wiki:

(Suika)
- To prevent it from overflowing, the gourd has a stopper on it, and she can't pour out more than the gourd will hold at one time.

(IaMP ending)
- Yukari's ending has her showing off the Ibuki Gourd which she got off of Suika as things end up veering off into a tangent about the marble that's supposedly in it. It mentions how Suika and her Gourd weren't supposed to be in Gensokyo and as a side effect, it cannot pour more than a cup.

>overflowing
Does that mean just "spilling", or getting too full because of extra sake being generated? I'm not English native but found the word usage odd.
>she can't pour out more than the gourd will hold at one time
This information is too obvious to be written, so there must be a reason for that.

>as a side effect, it cannot pour more than a cup
So, would it be that outside Gensokyo, the gourd has a larger capacity? Or the gourd outside Gensokyo has full-gourd capacity and in Gensokyo just capacity for one cup?

These are confusing.
>>
>>14406137
This.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.