[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /jp/, I could use some help. I'm currently trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1447293399750.gif (61 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
1447293399750.gif
61 KB, 300x351
Hey /jp/, I could use some help.

I'm currently trying to really get into 東方 games and I therefore used this torrent:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=465048

Now, I'm playing on a small laptop under Windows 10.

The only games I can really play are TH01-05 and TH07.

TH06 has an insane refresh rate, which causes the game to reach Chuck Norris-level of difficulty.

TH08 until 09 (and the installments inbetween) work at first, but the loading screen shut itself and the game window opens with the music playing, but the screen remains absolutely blank. I can however take action like blindly closing the games)

After that, the games requires me to get some specific .dll files. The problem is that I did download them, put them in system32 and restarted my computer, but to no avail.

I'm quite at a loss as to what I'm supposed to be doing and require your help.
>>
who IS that cutie patootie
>>
File: 1428712020265.png (228 KB, 655x933) Image search: [Google]
1428712020265.png
228 KB, 655x933
>>14380401
PIN PON

Also, don't get into 2hu: Only norms and entry level weebs like it.
>>
>Windows 10

There's your problem. What the fuck are you using that for?
>>
>>14380445
Nice try, but I've really taken a liking to the style while playing PCB over the past year so you're not going to scare me away that easily.

>>14380447
So the problem comes from the OS after all? I'm sure there must be a sort of virtual console that could help by running the program under a previous OS. But I don't see how this is going to help about the later games.
>>
>The problem is that I did download them, put them in system32 and restarted my computer, but to no avail.

Try putting them in the game folder.
>>
>>14380635
Okay, the fullscreen mode fucked with TH08 and TH09, they work when started on windowed mode.
I tried what you told me and TH12 now works, thanks!
However, all the other games that don't work display an error code 0xc000007b.
>>
File: Nitorin.gif (26 KB, 420x248) Image search: [Google]
Nitorin.gif
26 KB, 420x248
You have a virus on your computer called Windows 10, you need to delete it and replace it with Windows 7 instead. Then you should have no trouble playing 2hus. I also don't understand how there are so many people here who don't know what the website moriya shrine is. No need to download the games from nyaa, you faggot.
>>
>>14380401
>TH06 has an insane refresh rate, which causes the game to reach Chuck Norris-level of difficulty.

Use the v-sync patch.
>>
Upgrade to Windows 7.
>>
>my thread is still here
So regarding the newer games, I just needed to install DirectX 11 and everything works perfectly. However, no changes for TH06 even with >>14381659 's advice.
"Thanks" anyway.
>>
>>14386572
Are you sure you're using it correctly?

Because it's a common problem and the v-sync patch always fixes it.
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches
I think you also have to set your locale to Japanese, if I remeber correctly.
>>
>>14386836
Also, you do realize you have to run vpatch.exe everytime you want to use it after you launch the game, right?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.