[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some new LN series? Or alternatively some less known
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: 1.jpg (118 KB, 736x1383) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
118 KB, 736x1383
What are some new LN series? Or alternatively some less known older shorter series. I would like to read something that doesn't have already like 20 volumes out.

Talking about LNs in Japanese of course.
>>
>>14344195
harry potter.
>>
>>14344195
>Talking about LNs in Japanese of course.

Then isn't it faster to check yourself or ask in a nip board.
>>
File: cover.jpg (870 KB, 1127x1600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
870 KB, 1127x1600
終末なにしてますか? 忙しいですか? 救ってもらっていいですか?

3 volumes out. Will probably end at volume 4.

It's about a soldier waking up 500 years after the humanity suddenly lost a war and got exterminated.
Other races continue to live on floating islands since the ground became uninhabitable and still have to fight against what remains of the enemies from the previous war.
The MC now has to manage a facility of "living weapons" of pic related.

For an older series: 魔法の子 from the guy who did Sunday Without God. It's dead at volume 1 but still not officially canned as far as I know.
>>
>>14344293
What is it with light novels and the inability to make succinct titles?
>>
>>14344275
Shut up nerd.

Although, the LN board on 2ch has long running recommendation threads. The format is much nicer than the usual "sup /board/, recommend me things" you see here. People there provide a list of things they've read, what they liked and disliked and get recommendations based on that.
>>
File: Book of 4chan.jpg (953 KB, 2223x1600) Image search: [Google]
Book of 4chan.jpg
953 KB, 2223x1600
>>14344298
The author made a huge mistake in this case. He should have known that ultralong titles are reserved for garbage series.
>>
>>14344275
Well, I have the printed catalog of Dengeki Bunko's lineup for 2015, which I'm reading now, so yeah, I'm checking myself too. But /jp/ surely can recommend some older less run-of-the-mill titles.
>>
Liar you can't read Japanese.
>>
why is Alice wearing Samus' zero suit
>>
>>14344195
9s, Alderamin, D-Crackers, Mii-kun, Beyond another Darkness, Jintai.
>>
Why not read actual literature while you're at it?
>>
File: aXaPavz.jpg (133 KB, 528x750) Image search: [Google]
aXaPavz.jpg
133 KB, 528x750
>>14344293
Seconding this, it's really good.

And if you want something that's very much not short (4.2 million japanese characters and still not finished): 本好きの下剋上
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4830bu/
It's a web novel, but it's getting published in book form now.
It's about a young woman who loved books more than anything else. Then she died during an earthquake by being literally drowned by books... She's reborn as a poor loli in a medieval fantasy world where books (and reading in general) is something only the nobles can afford. So she reinvents paper and ink manufacturing methods, the printing press, and rises through the social ranks with her modern knowledge.
>>
>>14344880
You're welcome to recommend good literature.
>>
>>14344195
Youjo Senki
>>
What are some actual good LNs?
>>
>>14349276
Soul Undertaker, Strange Strange, Murasakiiro no Qualia, Nidome no Natsu Nido to Aenai Kimi
>>
>>14349276
Hadler posted a list of his favorites recently, check his twitter.
>>
>>14349467
>Hadler
literally who
>>
>>14349774
One of moogy's cabal of autists.
>>
>>14344195
Try yoku wakaru gendai mahou, it's great
>>
>>14351720
Shut up Hadler.
>>
>>14349385
ebin xD
>>
>>14352695
I don't get what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>14344293
Is this in english anywhere?
>>
>>14353711
No, not even a failed translation project.
>>
>>14344195
Gekitotsu no Hexennacht is fun if you like mecha musume magical girls.
Only one volume out thus far.
It's also translated on baka-tsuki for those who don't know Japanese.
>>
File: 3.png (2 MB, 1485x700) Image search: [Google]
3.png
2 MB, 1485x700
>>
File: Danganronpakirigiri.jpg (129 KB, 338x479) Image search: [Google]
Danganronpakirigiri.jpg
129 KB, 338x479
Murder mystery is such a good genre when it's done right.
What I love about this particular series is that it gives you enough time to think of possible tricks the culprit could have used given the circumstances. While the protagonist isn't very smart she has a sidecick of sorts(?) the relation ship is complicated, the sidekick is where the title gets it's name because the story revolves around her but she isn't the protagonist. The protagonist, Yui, tries and experiments with various possibilities until Kirigiri does something absolutely absurd you'll just scream: She threatens to light herself on fire in order to coax the culprit that was hiding in the recliner that she was tied into, to giving up
I hear the author has been praised for his genius physical tricks he uses in his light novels.

I REALLY recommend this series of LNs to people who like thinking with logic and having a good story at the same time
>>
File: 71bd1F4lykL (1).jpg (183 KB, 879x1273) Image search: [Google]
71bd1F4lykL (1).jpg
183 KB, 879x1273
>>14344195
9s is what I would call the ultimate chuuni LN series, though it's considered a SF series.
Basically takes place in the near future and is about various conflict surrounding the super-technology left by a mad scientist who disappeared 10 years prior to the beginning of the story.
Main heroine is his daughter, Yuu, a genius who is considered as his greatest masterpiece but also considered so dangerous she is kept 200 meters under the ground.
Actually the name of the series come from the name of the place where she is kept "The Security System that Seals the Savage Science Smartly by its Supreme Sagacity and Strength"
The Protagonist, Touma, is the illegitimate son of a powerful family with a special blood that give him murderous impulse as a form of second personality.
It may looks like your average action LNs but 9s excel at being ridiculous in a badass way, without spoiling too much the first volume at all has Yuu, who is such a genius she managed to attain not only a perfect control of her body but also of a complete grasp of her surrounding and can therefore do things that far surpass normal humans' understanding, like defeat a mech barehanded with her hands trapped and a blindfold on her eyes and the protag and Touma, do things like defeat 200+ soldiers singlehandedly while holding back, but also hacking and science sessions while introducing a pretty large setting, and that's just the first volume, things get far, far more ridiculous later on.
>>
File: untitled.png (99 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
99 KB, 186x271
>>14344195
I recommend Kaze No Stigma. Typical shonen LN with magic, But it's a personal comfort of mine. I love rereading it.
>>
File: jbhg.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
jbhg.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
>>14344195
Boukyaku Tantei Series by Nisio Isin. Currently has 4 volumes.
>>
>>14353711
ESL google-translating gooklords should stay away from such good series.
>>
>>14372378
desu
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.