[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving to Otaku
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1429393077270.jpg (68 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
1429393077270.jpg
68 KB, 540x810
If your life was going downhill, would you seriously consider going into debt to get a house in Japan? Even without knowing the language or customs?

I'm starting to hate my life to the extreme levels and I noticed an extremely cheap house.
>>
I don't think buying an extremely cheap house gets you a residence visa
>>
File: 1.jpg (291 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
291 KB, 1200x1200
>>14336718
You can't own property without either being native o having a green card, which is only given through work permits (not just your average JET by the way) or extraordinary circumstances so why bother.

Better than blowing my brains out, sure, but its too much of a hassle.
>>
>>14336730
Just marry a depressed Japanese OL and get a spouse visa
>>
>>14336718
Yes, do it OP you won't regret it.
>>
>>14336718
just saying, your best bet for enjoying your life more is probably to get a decent job

in Japan if that's what you want
>>
>>14336767
>>14336730
>>14336729
>>14336745
Does being a music producer count as a work visa?

>>14336794
In my state, employment rate is at an all history low of the country. I'm currently studying but I'm pretty much ready to die.
>>
>>14336817
If you can get someone to hire you as a music producer, it will be fine. Although, it's harder than it sounds to get hired as a music producer. Trust me, I've tried.
>>
>>14336718
No. Have some decency, learn japanese and learn how the japanese live first. Would you like if foreigners that give zero fucks about your language and culture and whom you think dumb and annoying moved to your country?
>>
>>14336858
>>/pol/
>>
>>14336794
>get a decent job
Because getting a job is easy obviously.
>>
File: peepee.jpg (47 KB, 667x645) Image search: [Google]
peepee.jpg
47 KB, 667x645
>>14336844
>>14336844
it's what I studyincluding how to get a job in the industry There are a LOAD of jobs in audio but I wonder if many of them are possible without knowing Japanese

>>14336858
Literally everyone in my country speaks not english, which is the country's language and I honestly do not care.
>>
>>14336858
>Would you like if foreigners that give zero fucks about your language and culture
I don't know, why don't you ask Germany?
>>
>>14336870
No, I won't go to /pol/ with all the Hitler worshiping retards. You don't need to be an internet fascist manchild to see that immigration should be regulated and controlled so that faggots who know nothing of the country (not even their language) are required to at least learn the language so they are not a bother to everyone around them while having zero prospects of getting a job and not being a liability to the receiving state. Unchecked immigration erodes societies and it's an economic burden.
>>
>>14336877
It's what I studied too, and I speak fluent Japanese. Companies don't pay to have music produced unless the producer is already well known and can be turned into a selling point. If you're unknown, there are dozens of other decent composers out there who will do the same job for free just for the publicity. If you're interested in getting a job in otaku culture related music specifically, you should start by creating many hits on Nico and reaching the top of the rankings many times. And make sure that all the videos are tied back to a name, and that you control that name. Then maybe, just maybe, someone might pay you enough money to maintain a life in a one room apartment so that you can keep producing 2 or 3 songs a week for their no-name shitty gacha based social game that will make no money and get you nowhere.
>>
>>14336884

Yeah, I don't really see how being told to learn the language of the country you plan on living in is /pol/ talk. It just seems like common courtesy, not to mention extremely sensible.
>>
You can buy the property however if you want to be physically in Japan you need some type of visa.

You can enter as a tourist 90 days for USA citizens. That is renewable 1 time.

You can enroll in a Japanese language school for 1 or 2 years with a student visa. Just make sure to ask the school to apply for a part time work permit.

Now within that time find a Jwaifu to have your kid and marry. After 5 years apply for your permanent residence card.
>>
>>14337578
>You can enter as a tourist 90 days for USA citizens. That is renewable 1 time.
Wait, What? Is there a limit to the number of times you can visit Japan or something?
>>
>>14336718
OP, why not buy a cheap house in the middle on nowhere in your own country? What difference would Japan really make? You avoid all the bullshit that way.
>>
>>14337612
Nihon video gamo
>>
>>14337612
Also, homes are expensive here :(
>>
>>14337615
>>14337618

Well if you wanted to be real brave, you could opt for homelessness upon entering, and just never leave. It would be just a little hard to track you down. Not like they will know what cities you are in. And if you withdraw your money in cash the day you arrive, they can't track your money trail.

Every country has cheap housing in the middle of nowhere. If you are willing to live in a town of like 1000 people, with only a general store.
>>
>>14337629
the thing with countryside is that it's harder to make people accept you if you're alien to their culture(even as a Japanese).
>>
>>14337574
People speaking out against it are Sweden-tier idiots. Swedes want their nation destroyed.
>>
>>14336718
>If your life was going downhill

What do you mean "if"?
>>
>>14337641
I was still talking about staying in your own country in that regard.
>>
>>14337598
Yes you can only go to japan 1 time if you don't get married to a japanese in that time you can't stay or go back.
>>
File: asdfasdf.png (250 KB, 848x642) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.png
250 KB, 848x642
>>14336718
There's a principle in psychology that states people often like to blame where they are for their circumstances or personal happiness, so they fool themselves into thinking that moving to another area will fix the problems in their lives when in reality those problems stem from personal issues.

Going to Japan, especially without knowing the language and culture, not only is a terrible idea, but won't fix the underlying issues that are causing your problems. If you are awkward and have trouble with people, it's not going to help you get a qt Japanese waifu. Not to mention that the Japanese are several times harsher on people that can't follow social norms than anything comparable in the West, just due to the way the language and culture works.

If that wasn't bad enough, the failure rate I hear thrown around for "kokusaikekkon" (or marriage to foreigners) is around 80%, and that's with people who mostly have their shit together enough to get married in the first place. Not to mention, that something like only 11% of Japanese couples would rate their "sex lives" as satisfactory, the lowest out of all first world nations (by far)--and that's between people who can speak each other's language.

In short, people should stop thinking of Japan as a dream land, and more as a country like any other with its good points and bad.

Of course this only applies if you're not a girl. Girls get guys hitting on them all the time.
>pic related
>>
>>14336718
>going into debt to get a house in Japan

Good luck with that.
>>
>>14337615
>>14337618
Buy a van.
Sell everything you own.
Take out a loan.
Live in van.
Fuck off in to the wilderness and they can't do shit.

If you can't get loan, get a credit card, use it as a replacement for your debit card. Repay it ASAP.
This will build your credit up very quickly.
Congrats, you can now get a loan.

Do cash jobs, stacking, boxes, trash, whatever.
No bank accounts, no any accounts.
Get a gym membership, use it to wash and prevent yourself from becoming a van-fatty.
Buy a minimum of freshening products, strong perfumes and water them down a bit to make them last longer.
Park outside free wifi places for periods of time, or find / crack some. Don't abuse it though.
Don't park in the same spot for more than a couple days, just go in to another street nearby and rotate around a town.
Keep the damn noise down.
Don't use the back / side doors at all, waste of space. Go in from the front seats.
Look up how to store water properly, or just buy a shitload of fuel to cook with. If in sunny area, get a solar panel and look up battery banks for solar and get wiring.

Congrats, you are now free.
If you get ill and can't get treatment, well you're fucked.
This is what happens when you go off-grid. Your life is agony, but you are still more free than >80% of humans.

If you intend doing this, but in Japan, learn some basic Wap for your own sake.
Learn everything to do with simple jobs, food and general day2day stuff.
>>
How hard actually is to get a decent job in Japan?
I can get myself a working holiday visa right now but I'm not sure about the working part.
>>
Give it up lmao
>>
>>14339176
>Repay it ASAP.
>This will build your credit up
never change
>>
Building a gazebo in your yard isn't going to increase the value of your house if the house's roof is leaky, the floor is rotting and the rats have started to ask you to pay rent. Fix the house first, then you can worry about making other changes.

>>14337598
Don't be silly. It means that if you get a tourist visa and stay there for the full 90 days, you can renew it once and stay for another 90, but after that you have to go home. But there's nothing (other than your wallet and willingness to sit in a plane for a long period of time) preventing you from say, going on holiday in Japan several times a year.

I imagine that if you go on holiday for 90 days, go home for a week, then go on another holiday, someone is going to get suspicious, though.
>>
>>14347840
Your home country probably has a minimum residence time for getting any sort of social benefits that would restrict how long you could practically be there.
>>
I think it's better to suicide
>>
>>14336884
Yes, this is exactly what needed to be said.
Japan is not there to rescue you, OP. You're applying white guilt to a foreign nation.
Squash this nonsensical plan of yours immediately and find solace in being a loser where you are (like me)
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.