[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: 5c03ae31.jpg (42 KB, 568x321) Image search: [Google]
5c03ae31.jpg
42 KB, 568x321
Thoughts on this.
>>
>>14290573
Thoughts are that probably a Japanese fatty made this to justify herself eating a lot, so who gives a shit about her trying to be popular with men.
>>
>>14290650
This, no different from the fat acceptance shit we have here. Except that instead of doing a hopeless war against thin people they shit on other uglier fatties, smart idea.
>>
>>14290573
Fat is fat, no matter how you cover it with clothes and makeup.
>>
>>14290573
The one on the right has a cuter haircut and only one chin despite wearing a sweater that makes having a double chin even more obvious. Even then if she's "fat" in Japan she's probably only like 15 pounds heavier than what I'd want a girl i'm dating to be anyway. I'd rather be with a miserable borderline girl that I can convince to work out & eat healthy with me than a borderline girl that's going to just get fatter because she's in denial about the health risks of being fat.
>>
I think fat people should be a little sorry for their existence, so the cheery types on the left are a tad annoying
>>
>>14290573
Fat chicks should be covered up as much as possible at all times. Pocchari is only acceptable in the case that the entire body inflates at the same rate so they become one of those chubby women that have the same curves as thinner women in the same proportions. But that probably requires exercise and Jap women think doing 5 pushups will make them into Arnold, so they never exercise and end up with formless bodies that have jiggly arms even when 10 pounds underweight.
>>
not that /jp/ should be expected to realize this, but this is about depression/low self-esteem, not fatness
>>
>>14290813
If I knew how to speak chingchong I'd pass the time shitposting on Futaba instead of /jp/.
>>
>>14290813
So why's it talking about fatties' eating habits, personalities, and fashion styles then then?
>>
>>14290573
Both are bad since neither of them try to fix their issues. The left one keeps on eating like a fatass and the right one tries to appear like they don't eat much by starving themselves. They are on opposite sides of the spectrum with none of the good qualities of either side.
>>
>>14290844
i explained myself poorly

the image is talking about fatties, but the actual issue at hand is the same regardless of how fat someone is
>>
>>14290858
Well, if you're doing something bad, you should feel bad to some extent rather than walk around with high self esteem, being proud of your bad habits. Being happy with yourself for being fat is like being happy with yourself that you can jack off 17 times a day. You don't run around acting like you're acceptable when you're not.
>>
>>14290916
eating is not doing something bad just because you're fat

eating unhealthily is doing something bad whether you're fat or not
>>
>>14290954
Bad fat is bad and unhealthy so what the fuck are you going on about? How do you think fat people got fat if they didn't overeat? That's ignoring people with legit medical problems.
>>
>>14290573
You forgot (or perhaps know if you actually have talked to Japanese people before) that by Japanese standards, having your stomach protrude, even a minor amount, is considered "fat" by today's standards. Asking /jp/'s opinion on something that most can't read from a completely different culture that isn't even comparable is a waste of time.

I'd post pictures of my girlfriend, and she's been told she's gained weight lately, (she's Japanese and lives in Tokyo) but they're not exactly SFW.

Either way, Japanese standards are unhealthy and ridiculous. 25% of girls in their 20's are below 17.5 BMI, and I ran into a girl that literally weighed in the 80's of pounds (like 38kg) when I was in Kyuushuu last month. I think her bones would have broken if she tripped, no joke. And this was considered normal.
>>
>>14291017
These aren't just magical standards out of nowhere. Japanese people suffer more health problems from being overweight at lower thresholds of BMI.
>>
>>14291031
From what I've seen, Japanese people suffer more health problems from being underweight. 50% of Japanese women have been anemic, will become anmeic, or are anemic due to low weight. I've seen Japanese girls get winded and incredibly tired after 15 seconds of running. I'm not making any of these numbers up either. There's a resaon why "karou" is a common diagnosis. And guys seem to care less about the weight thing, and I don't really see them having issues. It seems to be completely based on image.

But I'd be interested in seeing why you think they suffer more health problems. I honestly haven't seen anything to back that up, nor have I heard any Japanese person say anything along those lines.
>>
>>14291017
A lot of years back I knew a Japanese college student who was like 5'9" and weighed ninety pounds. She ran into someone on her bike at something like 10 mph and went to the hospital.
>>
>>14291091
Here's a start

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/ethnic-differences-in-bmi-and-disease-risk/
>>
>>14290825
No you wouldn't, you'd give up because of the IP block and lord your Japanese knowledge over everyone at 4chan while shitposting about "EOPs."
>>
>>14291123
>http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/ethnic-differences-in-bmi-and-disease-risk/

We're still talking about BMI's in the 23-24's defined as overweight. Not 17.5... Also, I bet there aren't that many studies on weight too little. Lol.

While you may be right about the higher risks of obesity-related problems, I still contend that the primary motivation is "look attractive".
>>
>>14291164
>Still using BMI and not waist to hip ratio
>>
>>14291091
>50% of Japanese women have been anemic, will become anmeic, or are anemic due to low weight. I've seen Japanese girls get winded and incredibly tired after 15 seconds of running.
>>14291017
>I ran into a girl that literally weighed in the 80's of pounds (like 38kg) when I was in Kyuushuu last month. I think her bones would have broken if she tripped, no joke.
>>14291122
>A lot of years back I knew a Japanese college student who was like 5'9" and weighed ninety pounds. She ran into someone on her bike at something like 10 mph and went to the hospital.
Sounds moe. I wish western women were cute and girlish like that instead of gross lardblobs.
>>
>>14291302
Skeletons are not moe. It's stupid that girls either starve themselves or eat too much. Why can't they just eat normally?
>>
She ain't a lady if she ain't 280

That's my philosophy
>>
>>14291784
Eating normally results in being slim, not chubby. Also yes they are. They are tiny and delicate like a butterfly or flower. If they get larger, it should be because they are fit, not because they have some borderline chub body.
>>
>>14292020
Slim is good, anorexic is not. The way those posts described them they don't sound healthy at all. Having brittle bones, anemia, and a malfunctioning endocrine system is cause for concern. They are struggling to live, they much less can't bear children.
>>
>>14292180
This is definitely true. There are girls in Japan who have a seriously hard time having kids. From what I understand it's an extremely common occurrence. I should look up the stats. (I like looking up Japan-related statistics and have a lot memorized).
>>
>>14292180
>they much less can't bear children.
Good. Hopefully they don't bleed either.
>>
>>14292262
Period irregularity is common due to the low weight, as well. Also due to iron deficiency. I mean, they don't eat much, and when they do it's soup and vegetables and rice.

I've talked to (for some reason Japanese girls love talking about their period) several girls who go without periods for months/have extremely low flow. Talking about bodily functions is much less of a taboo over there.
>>
>>14292276
I don't think it's a taboo in the west so much as that no one cares.
>>
>>14292293
At least in America, I kind of get grossed out when girls start talking about having diarrhea. And at least, to me, there's an air of "no one wants to hear that shit."

Japanese girls, even the more attractive ones, will often mention it like it's no big deal.

>>14292276
I also started looking up some statistics. It seems that 9.6% of infants were born with low birth weight (2500g or less) as for 2011, whereas the average of develop countries (OECD countries) is at 7%. Finland, by comparison, is at 4% and Korea is at 5%.
>>
>>14292344
>And at least, to me, there's an air of "no one wants to hear that shit."
That's what "no one cares" means. It's not something that's shunned, it's just no one wants to hear that shit so it's not talked about.
>>
>>14290573
Anyone have any pics of RL fatty gyaru?
>>
>>14292262
Then that means their hormones are out of whack, anon. Her skin, hair, and everything else will become dry and brittle quicker. Also she might go dry and never feel like having sex. Even if you don't care about her health there are still many visible complications.
>>
>>14295720
dude, I'm not fucking marrying them or anything.
>>
>>14290573
Thanks, just learned another word!
pocchari: plump;chubbily

this might be useful on pixiv/nijie!
>>
>>14292253
Probably because they keep working and delay having kids so when they try they already have expired eggs.
>>
>>14290573
Seems weird this would be on television, though bringing up mental health issues relating to weight is interesting and any mental health discussion should be pressed to occur.
>>
>>14296143
>expired eggs
Oogonia are not like the eggs you make omelets out of, anon. They are in a perpetual prophase I of meiosis until the FSH secretion stimulates a couple to proceed and develop into ova. They don't expire. They can get "stale" in that as a woman approaches menopause the genetic material that is held in stasis can break down, causing those higher rates of genetic disorders you see in children of older mothers, but they do not expire completely, and that has little demonstrated effect on actual fertility other than such disorders leading to production of an ovum that is not reproductively viable. The reason fertility drops off after 30 or so is simply due to a decline in the hormonal prevalence of youth and less oogonia being available for gamete production, as a woman is born with all the eggs she will ever have in the aforementioned static state.

So the problem is indeed the age (seriously, a mean age of first birth of 30.3 is atrocious), but not for the reason you mentioned.
>>
>>14296481
I know very well the reasons for reduced fertility, I studied medicine. But I was trying to be funny. Maybe my sense of humor sucks, maybe you lack one or maybe it is a bit of both.
>>
File: 1416257887238.jpg (20 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1416257887238.jpg
20 KB, 320x286
>>14291784
>Skeletons are not moe
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.