[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /jp/ like Fate anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Fate EXTRA CCC Virgin White Box.jpg (3 MB, 3300x2280) Image search: [Google]
Fate EXTRA CCC Virgin White Box.jpg
3 MB, 3300x2280
Why doesn't /jp/ like Fate anymore?
>>
Used to be about cool setting and background, now about more girls with big tits.
>>
File: 110056715911033466.gif (811 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
110056715911033466.gif
811 KB, 480x272
It's not that Fate is disliked so much as 90% of Fate discussion on 4chan has consolidated into /vg/'s Fate/Grand Order general, being the newest and most active Type-Moon product and therefore the biggest nexus of discussion.
>>
Because everyone got tired of it. Everyone read it. Everyone discussed it for years and years. And enough. Enough of the milking, I'm not even criticizing type-moon, but I'm just completely tired of this series.
>>
>>14208473
Pretty much this.
>>
When I was in my chuuni phase I legit thought it was great.Because it had some edgy shit and tragic backstories and sex. Now that I've read actual novels and am a writer myself, Fate is just shit. The writing is contrived and pretentious. Even the pandering shit (action scenes, waifu shit) are stale in comparison to other VNs and better series.
>>
Combination of three factors:
1. Stay Night being the most popular VN in the west. With big fanbase comes a larger percentage of low quality posters we don't want around here. /jp/ was already getting tired of Fate by 2011 or so, and it was only made worse by
2. the misplaced popularity of Zero anime. It was a very lackluster adaptation that somehow managed to attract a ton of normalfags, edgelords and other cancer of various kind. October 2011 was the point when Fate stopped being welcome on /jp/ and most of the franchise's discussion moved to /a/.
3. The franchise is pretty much over at this point. Zero and Stay Night were the two core self-contained titles whose main themes were pretty much fully covered within them. CCC was a pretty decent fanservice spinoff that tied some loose ends of Nasuverse and some people liked it very much when it was released. A fitting end, but an end. There's nothing left to discuss.
>>
File: 1425549353112.jpg (21 KB, 272x382) Image search: [Google]
1425549353112.jpg
21 KB, 272x382
>>
>>14208379
But we still like it.
>>
That fox girl is cute.
>>
>>14208938
>October 2011 was the point when Fate stopped being welcome on /jp/
Only because the entirety of translated VN discussion stopped being welcome on /jp/.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.