[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese beer thread? The only thing I can get around here is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: 1429414360919-1110102643.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1429414360919-1110102643.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Japanese beer thread?

The only thing I can get around here is Sapporo and it's made in Ontario.
>>
What's your favourite?

What do you recommend to newbies who maybe don't have a large selection?
>>
Ebisu creamytop is amazing. You won't find it though. Orion is good, Kirin and Asahi too, but I like Sapporo more than them.
>>
File: 8649776.png (3 MB, 2000x832) Image search: [Google]
8649776.png
3 MB, 2000x832
For relatively cheap & easily obtainable beers I prefer Asahi, but Sapporo and Kirin are also good.

Craft beers; I've only tried a few, but the best has definitely been Hitachino Nest. It's possible to find it in North America, but not easy and not for cheap. Buying it online costs ~12 USD/bottle. Luckily for me a local place sells them for a bit less. Their ginger beer (2nd from left in pic related) is absolutely amazing, and they have tons of other variants.

I also tried a local brew while visiting a mountain farm community Fukushima called Nanakusa Nano. I think you can only buy it from one little supermarket within the community. It was great stuff though. It was kinda sweet; I think they use honey in the brewing process.
>>
>>13343063

Tsingtao
>>
>>13343119
That's Chinese..
>>
Unless you're drinking shitty flavored beer or American crap, it all tastes the same.
>>
>>13343119
Radical post dude. Although since you mention it my friend got tsingtao for the equivalent of 50 cents per bottle in the mainland in Nanjing...sounds pretty nice.
>>
>>13343113
nice i'll look out for those next time I go to the liquor store

sometimes I can find soju so I don't see why i couldn't find a few other Japanese beers

>>13343118
nice, I love Canadian ginger beer, I wonder how different the Japanese version is
>>
File: yamazaki beer.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
yamazaki beer.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>13343119
chinese piss beer
>>
>>13343131
nah dude

I drink a lot of beer and every single brand I've tasted has their own distinct taste, especially the most popular ones

One type I really like is Rickard's Red for cheap drinking, but I've been trying lots of other beers lately. I've gotten interested in Japanese beers cause you see them all the time in anime and drama but I can only ever find Sapporo :/
>>
File: 2015-04-19_00-15-01.png (67 KB, 420x388) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-19_00-15-01.png
67 KB, 420x388
dang... I've got tons of sake choices here but this is all I got for Japanese beer other than sapporo
>>
I've only had Kirin and found it to be pretty good.
>>
Kirin Ichiban is godlike. Drink some Kirin Ichiban and have a cup of noodles for the true J-experience.
>>
>Jap beer
More like jap piss.
>>
The only Japanese beer in shops near me is Asahi Super Dry which is nice, or at least good enough to go back to once in a while. I keep hearing good things about Hitachino Nest stuff and Kirin though.
>>
watery piss trash thread?
>>
>>13344891
No, you're looking for the American lager thread.
>>
>>13344906
Nah, I'm in the right thread.
>>
File: DSC_0089.jpg (163 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0089.jpg
163 KB, 800x1067
Are chuuhais welcome?

These things are pretty fucking tasty.
>>
Actually this thread is probably a good place to ask, has anyone here ever tried any Happoshu style beers? Only just heard about them recently and they probably taste like cheap piss but I'm curious.
>>
File: azu.jpg (245 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
azu.jpg
245 KB, 424x600
>tfw sipping Asahi during 6 hour JAV marathons after another week of salaryman misery

The kimochi never ends.................

However I must admit >>13344891-san is quite correct, realistically most of these brands are generic watery piss lager

Infused with Japanese spirit............
>>
>>13343063
A fellow Ontarian, eh? I also find it annoying how Sapporo is the only Japanese beer you can reliably find.

If you check out the LCBO and the shelves where they have a bunch of foreign beers, they sometimes have Asahi beer, and even Hitachino Nest beers, but that's a lot more rare. I still have one of their Espresso Stouts in the fridge.

Anyways, can't complain about the taste of any of them. They've all been pretty decent at the least.
>>
>>13345271
6 hour JAV marathons?

And I thought I was bad with 8 hour marathons but you take second place.
>>
>>13343164
I am lucky with having Spec's close to my place. They stock up on every beer that is mainstream.
>>
>>13343063
Wheat beer is fucking disgusting.
>>
File: azu5.jpg (201 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
azu5.jpg
201 KB, 375x500
Asahi Black is really disgusting tho

Tricked by novelty again ...

And I typed this fucking captcha like 20 times as HELL jeez louise
>>
>>13345182
They're shit. The less "beer" they have in them the worse they taste, which is pretty obvious really. They're only made because regular beer is taxed a bit higher and you can sell happoshu for cheaper. But that's literally the only thing it's good for, getting drunk cheap, and even then chuuhai (>>13344952) is a better option. Save yourself the trouble and cough up 50 yen more for a proper beer.
>cheap piss
Nailed it bro.
>>
Minoh and Baird beer is good.
>>
Do Japan even do craft beer?

Pissbeer is no good
>>
>>13345779
Molson is pretty bad, but the double fermented local Quebec beer tastes like death.
>>
>>13343733
Hopless beers are awful.
>>
>>13353441
yes. Hitachino Nest, which you can see above. and one brewer did a collaboration with Stone a little while back. Green Tea IPA.

there are plenty more apparently but they're hard to find if you're outside of japan.
>>
sapporo again tonight

really need to find some different japanese beer here
>>
>>13345864
>Asahi Black
It has a nice after taste.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.