[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rhythm Game General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 15
File: 20140917235442_6806.jpg (207 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20140917235442_6806.jpg
207 KB, 640x480
Eurobeat will never die edition.

New Y&co song for Pendual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPrJkf0ey6Y
>>
File: CBWoZb6UIAAvgNy.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CBWoZb6UIAAvgNy.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
Anybody else have/getting the Gitadora Tri-Boost e-AMUSE pass? Have a friend in Japan that just sent me like 8, was wondering if anybody was interested. Also have some of the Jubeat ones.
>>
>>13326699
all the scrubs in these threads only play iidx and sdvx
>>
>>13326926
i play runescape too
>>
why is eurobeat so shit
>>
>>13326926

>mentions gfdm and jb

>he must only play iidx and sdvx
>>
how do i play rhythm games on PC other than osu
>>
>>13327067
did you try turning it off and on again
>>
>>13327067

The best way to play rhythm games is to get an invitation to bemaniso.ws :^)
>>
File: muffled eurobeat.jpg (124 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
muffled eurobeat.jpg
124 KB, 704x480
>>13327028
please reconsider what you are saying
>>
Any Project Diva players in these threads? It seems like there's only fucking Bemani plebs in these threads.
>>
>>13327067
U gotta get the good stuff ;)
>>
>>13327203
weeaboo
>>
>>13327067
download frets on fire
>>
>>13327203
low level bait
>>
>>13327067
LR2, DJ Max Trilogy or Stepmania are decent starting points
>>
There was a rhythm game that had long piano keys, does anyone know what I am talking about?
>>
File: `.jpg (187 KB, 550x636) Image search: [Google]
`.jpg
187 KB, 550x636
and with that, i'm done with the songs on the ost
except cinder which is being a piece of shit and needs to be fixed manually
>>
>>13327453
I bet you just made a bunch of empty folders. Look at the timestamps. You can't make bms files that quickly
>>
>>13327437
synthesia
>>
>>13327582
Bear in mind that Synthesia is designed more as a piano tutor that a rhythm game
>>
>>13327605
This is what people who aren't good enough at the piano yet actually believe.
>>
>>13327561
lol
>>
File: reinhard.png (240 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
reinhard.png
240 KB, 450x370
>>13327605
>listening to someone playing piano learnt through synthesia and youtube
>dynamics and tempo are completely off along with awkward fingering
>it's some shitty yiruma piece
>>
I'm new to this, if I "like" Voxandra's posts will she have sex with me?
>>
>>13328216
why would you want to? she looks like trailer trash

is it a girl even? she sounds like a tranny in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm6kxx0bE1w
>>
feel when i always tap out rhythms that come to my head and have done this for many, many years
feel when iidx has only fostered this and made me do it more
feel when i will never learn an actual musical instrument or create music
>>
>>13328244
Why
>>
>>13328260
no motivation or discipline
whenever i download a DAW i try for a little while, my record is an hour, then just give up
i used to play the guitar when i was about 10 or 11 but never practiced and just stopped going
>>
>>13328278
kek, I bet you're a failed NEET too
>>
>>13326655
osu! is the best game out there
>>
>>13326699
How often do they do special cards? I want one but I don't like any of these.
>>
Anyone know how to get new avatars in groove coaster arcade?
>>
PROGRAMMED

SUN

FUCKING

WHEN
>>
>>13329653
When you stop touching yourself.
>>
>>13329668
Im asexual so the isn't a problem
>>
>>13329673
It is, so stop.
>>
Programmed sun will be ready when it's ready.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (8 KB, 591x21) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
8 KB, 591x21
this thing is never going to finish
>>
>>13329653
But what about a PW replacement? Even though I know that'll never happen.
>>
I just want my qt avatar back
>>
>>13331223
On what?
>>
>>13331233
iidx
>>
>>13328817
I am 5k in osu and I can say its shit
>>
>>13331483
Yeah that's not happening. Sorry.
>>
r8 my 4k skills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_T7WWJHdc
>>
>>13331556
i know
>>
>>13329027

Which IC cards does GC even take? They recently put one in my local arcade but I have no idea which card to use for online.
>>
>>13332671
Nesica cards.
>>
>>13332680

Thanks, bruh.
>>
i tried groove coaster today it's bretty fun
>>
>>13333205
I think it's a jubeat kind of deal where it's kind of easy to play, but there's a certain thing you have to learn if you want to master it. I managed to clear the hardest song after 5 hours of total play time. But if you want to get S rankings and stuff you have to learn the timing , the ad-libs, and such.
>>
>>13327067
LR2 is a good start
>>
File: 1428687861383.gif (370 KB, 300x302) Image search: [Google]
1428687861383.gif
370 KB, 300x302
>all this Groove Coaster talk

Do all of you live in Arlington?
>>
>>13333583
no, an hour away
that's why i only go once a month
>>
does anyone actually care about cinder because i don't know if i'm even going to be able to fix it manually the shit is so weird
>>
What do you guys think about this? Does it have potential?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESda5DaADNM

Could it finally produce a non-shit osu! mode?
>>
>>13336084
Peppy'd get sued into oblivion first.
>>
>>13336101
Why hasn't he been already?
>>
>>13336084
No, the songs will still be shitty generic VN OPs.
>>
>>13336121
What prevents anybody from just converting jubeat charts?
>>
>>13336124
Konami's already knocked on his door once which resulted in every KO being removed. I don't think he's willing to risk an actual lawsuit.
>>
>>13336084
What the point? Without a touchscreen, it's virtually the same thing as standard, except a circle can only be in 1 of 16 spots, as opposed to anywhere on the field.
>>
>>13336138
>except a circle can only be in 1 of 16 spots, as opposed to anywhere on the field.
that changes quite a lot

remove combo-based scoring and you've got yourself a potentially really fun mode
>>
>>13336160
and peppy would still get sued.
>>
>>13336084
>>13336160
It doesn't have the 'chords' that Jubeat normally has. I agree that Jubeat is more casualised than IIDX and even SDVX, but it's definitely not this bad.
>>
>>13336160
>that changes quite a lot
How? I really fail to see how this is any more than a heavily restricted Standard. Things like this Technika simulator or Maimai are cooler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeemq0IKbJA
>>
>>13336199
When the fuck is technika going to be cracked? It'd give me a reason to finally buy one of those dell touch screen monitors.
>>
>>13336279
Not enough interest.
>>
>>13336138
>Without a touchscreen
get a touchscreen then ?
>>
>>13336302
>still no doubles
>>
>>13336326
could just separate them by a fraction of a second

besides
>what is TAG4?
even standard has doubles, and Touch players regularly get solo scores on that
>>
File: wall.jpg (167 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
167 KB, 500x500
>>13329653
I just want to access webui
>>
popn webui when
>>
>>13336898
It's dead mate.
>>
>>13336906
no one plays popn lmao
>>
>>13336989
i do fker
>>
File: i asked for this.jpg (181 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
i asked for this.jpg
181 KB, 750x600
>>
Anyone have any experience with the VIRGOO Turbocharger SDVX controllers? I'm looking to pick one up, but I'm afraid of buying junk.
>>
>>13337147
I haven't played on a SDVX cabinet so I dont have a frame of reference for that but I think its pretty good
the stock knobs feel really good, but the stock buttons/switches feel mushy and dont have a very arcade-y click sound
>>
>>13337153
I was thinking of going with the Omron + Sanwa package since I keep seeing that recommendation regardless of where I look. Thanks for the info, glad to hear it feels pretty good stock though.
>>
>>13336084
You cant click 2 circles at same time, and aiming overall is easy as hell
>>
>>13331540
yeh cause your'e still shit..
>>
How do you deal with hand pain? Been playing IIDX lately and now my hand is killing me. Gonna take a break for a while but shit sucks.
>>
>>13337981
maybe fix your position a bit. if youre sitting your seat my be too low so your hands are resting awkwardly causing them to strain. otherwise youre just playing to much
>>
>tfw SEB songs will never come back to IIDX
>tfw the few of them left in DDR will eventually be removed

Dave Rodgers must be rolling in his grave
>>
>>13336285
There's a pretty decent sized group of technika fans on sows. Probably at least as many as there are reflec beat players.

>>13337166
Knobs feel great, stock buttons work great but don't feel great, and the LED strip is really fucking cool.
>>
grbg2014 was decent.

Thoughts on BMS of Fighters?
>>
Quick question for anyone who owns an fp7. Is it easy to change the LED lights on the turntable? Or would I be better off getting white and then covering it the lights with cellophane once I decide which color I want?
>>
>>13337981

you should not be experiencing notable hand pain even if you grind dense 12s all day long. hand fatigue, yes. but not pain. fix your wrist position, or raise or lower your height relative to your controller, or (possibly) change your playstyle

it's impossible give you advice without knowing the source of the problem
>>
>>13339431
>all people have the same tendon endurance and conditioning as me!!!

Idiot
>>
Hovering my hands removed all the hand pain I was getting from playing iidx.
>>
>>13337981
What controller are you using? My KOC hurts the fuck out of my wrist but I can play on other controllers just fine.
>>
>>13339480

I've never encountered anyone who has experienced actual, real hand pain from playing with a sensible playstyle and a "normal" wrist position tbh. it's really unusual if you do

out of hundreds of players the dozen or so I know who have complained of pain in the hands or wrists have had unusual playstyle (one guy played in a taka.s playstyle but with his wrist at a weird angle and mashed the 1 and 3 extremely hard) or they're tall and their wrists end up being at disadvantaged angles or something

if you have some preexisting problem with your tendons, ok, but if iidx is causing you pain I would bet money on it being due to the way you are playing
>>
I've hit a fucking wall. I cant go from 8 to 9's. How to get gud?
>>
>>13339927
You break the wall.
>>
>>13339927

play more. play a lot of 9s. try a bunch of 10s

just play more
>>
holy fuck at random. i thought you fags said this shit was cheating but it ramps the difficulty up so much. fucking button combos my fingers cant even comprehend out the ass.
>>
>>13337901
a game which favors combo instead acc for pp cant be good from the point of view its a rhythm game
>>
>>13340590
It's RNG. There's a video which shows a guy playing on premium free and forcefailing until he gets a good random, then he gets an AA or something.

Please note I'm not a proponent for either random or non random.

>>13339927
Focus less on 'gittng gud' and more on enjoying the game.
>>
>>13340590
that's why you play it until there are no more button combos you can't decipher
>>
>>13341372
>>13340590
and then from there you roll the one thats easiest for you
>>
>>13340590

random is necessary to become good at this video game, so make sure you keep playing with it. there are literally no good players who think it's cheating, people who say random is cheating are being ironic. outside of that, it's something exclusively poor players think so don't worry about it
>>
>>13341209
90% of the time random makes it harder, but sometimes you get lucky with a good random
>>
>>13337981
I have super bad posture due to back problems and no hand pain. Posture aside perhaps you should look into changing playstyle?
Also try to be aware of your hands while playing. Keep them relaxed.
>>
>>13341116
>its a rhythm game
That's where you're wrong. It isn't "a rhythm game". It's an aiming + rhythm game. That's what puts it in it's own category apart from most other rhythm games, is that it's not about pure rhythm, there's a separate, equally important aspect to it, too. It doesn't matter how good your rhythm is, if you can't aim, you suck, and you'll get a shitty score. Conversely, if your aim is good but you can't rhythm, you suck, and you'll get a shitty score.
>>
>>13341896

the vast majority of randoms are actually easier than nonran charts. there are exceptions where nonran (or mirror) is advantageous to play but yeah

random making things harder is something you'll encounter more so as an inexperienced player or someone who has just started using it
>>
>>13339976
Mashing something you can barely hit won't get you far. Been there done that. There is no easy way out. Take your time. You need to balance mashing, reading and accuracy.
Keep playing songs you can mostly hit (keeping it around 60% average) and throw in few 9s even if you 2%. Basically play near the limit while occasionally trying harder stuff.
Do it until you get frustrated and then take a week off.

When playing 9s try to keep accuracy in mind. Attempt to hit notes you can more or less clearly read. Don't compensate for missed notes.

Too much or variety at your level can be detrimental. You want to develop good habits and automation. Playing tons of different songs only once delays reinforcement. Don't go overboard with variety, but also don't play single song over and over again. Be reasonable.
>>
>>13341934
Agreed, but a lot of nonran charts at 11s and 12s are gimmicky. Random just makes it more consistent.
>>
>>13337981
I attempt to readjust my posture, which can be awkward when confined to a chair and no way to elevate the TV and controller. If my arms and hands are too low, it catalyzes the pain.

I seldom get hand pain or discomfort unless I'm playing something I didn't have a ghost's chance in hell at clearing anyway or I get a super shitty random which forces everything on 4567 for long intervals of time. Doesn't help I have general wrist discomfort from being in front of a computer for way too long over the past several years.
>>
>>13340590
It's awkward to use at first but once you get used to it 80% of the randoms will be easier to score on than the nonran chart with the other 20% being irritatingly difficult. Any random that remaps 1 to 2 makes almost every chart at least one difficulty higher for me and is an instant -100 EX from my previous best.
>>
>>13342196

there absolutely is an easy way out (grind 9s), and there's no reason to take his time if his goal is to improve. in fact, he should be doing the opposite. if he cares to put the time in, he can be improving extremely rapidly right now

I assume he's not outright flatlining most 9s

>Keep playing songs you can mostly hit (keeping it around 60% average) and throw in few 9s even if you 2%.

if he's having trouble with 9s, and his goal is to push his clearing, he should be playing mostly 9s or harder (easy 10s aren't much different than lots of 9s). continuing to play songs that he can "mostly hit" will just accomplish the same thing at a much slower pace than playing songs that really push him to or beyond his limits

I guess it depends on what you consider being able to barely hit something. if your goal is simply clearing, playing quite a bit above your skill level actual will get you really far really fast if you play enough. if you're getting 200-300 misses on, say, AA another then yeah back off a bit and play something slightly easier. but ~150 misses on AA? that's prime time to started seriously grinding it

a week off is very excessive unless you are at a major, seriously intractable wall, btw, which 8s -> 9s is not. a couple days off every once in a while, maybe 3 is healthy for improvement IF you have been playing daily consistently for a long time. a week is just wasting time for new players 99% of the time
>>
>>13339927
Play 8s and 9s you can clear with the goal of improving your scores on them instead of merely passing them, and find 9s that are kicking your ass and play those series of 9s daily. What seems impossible now might become a new clear within a week and a half, and don't just stop playing them after you clear it. Implement into your set of songs you want to get new PB scores on. Just because you got a pass on it, it doesn't mean you can ignore its existence forever.
>>
>>13336911
>believing that
>>
>>13342376
I'd like to hear your thoughts on mashing. This early it's easy to get into bad habit of just hitting keys and hoping for the best. Later it turns into an annoying problem. Do you think it sorts itself out as you naturally progress or it simply isn't that big of a deal?

>I guess it depends on what you consider being able to barely hit something. if your goal is simply clearing, playing quite a bit above your skill level actual will get you really far really fast if you play enough. if you're getting 200-300 misses on, say, AA another then yeah back off a bit and play something slightly easier. but ~150 misses on AA? that's prime time to started seriously grinding it
At his level definitely clearing.

I somewhat agree. If you're getting <200 misses on some song then sure you can keep picking at it, but I wouldn't flat out grind it. Again it depends what we mean by grinding. Practicing songs where you get ~150 misses daily few times is definitely acceptable.

While we're at the subject, what are your thoughts on actively trying to hit the notes rather than going through the motions? Do you think it's sufficient to literally just grind relatively mindlessly? I'm speaking of practicing harder stuff.

>a week off is very excessive unless you are at a major, seriously intractable wall, btw, which 8s -> 9s is not. a couple days off every once in a while, maybe 3 is healthy for improvement IF you have been playing daily consistently for a long time. a week is just wasting time for new players 99% of the time
Probably. What I had in mind was indeed getting stuck bad. For like two months or so. It's quite unlikely 9 wall will hold him that long.

However I do find week off a good way to get rid of lots of bad habits that hinder progression. Of course I don't recommend doing it often.
>>
>>13342503
You could ignore them until you can AAA 12s. Instead of struggling now you could come back later. Then it will be joke.
>>
>>13342575

I think that barring unusually deficient playstyles, mindlessly mashing won't really become a problem. as long as you're focusing your attention on what's happening, you'll adapt to it naturally over time

and absolutely, relatively "mindless" grinding is more than sufficient for harder stuff. granted I have no idea how to define mindless. as above, you still need to be focusing on what's going on and trying your absolute best to hit the notes. maybe by mindless people mean sort of absentmindedly pressing buttons, which, I find, is more likely to occur when you're not pushing yourself. falling into the trap of just sort of absentmindedly playing stuff you can easily or mostly do is something that ensnares way too many players

certain songs lend themselves to grinding more than others of course, and it's important to pick and choose what you are going to be playing a hundred, a thousand times. you don't want to play innocent walls for hours every day, but playing AA [a] all day, every day for a few weeks, with some other songs thrown in every now and then will take you extremely far if you start from a base of, again for example, 150 misses

AA, nageki, mei, certain black anothers like blue rain [b]—if you're interested in clearing or comboing, these are the types of things you can grind thousands of times to take you from a low level to a (relatively!) high level. variety is always important, but in a iidx clearing/comboing food-chart pyramid of sorts, those would be the staples. again, this is just for comboing/clearing. you won't make great strides in your timing by doing this

people often don't appreciate how far grinding a more or less small selection of charts will take you. is it fun? depends on if you find satisfaction in long term goals/defeating what was once impossible little by little by way of brute force. people in general don't enjoy grinding, which is unfortunate because it's the fastest way to achieve lightning fast development
>>
>>13342778

damn, that was probably unnecessarily verbose and sorta veered off. oh well

the difficulty of iidx can seem much, much greater than it actually is due to inefficient practice I guess (whether willfully because efficient practice might not be fun to people, or because they may not have the experience needed to determine what is and isn't efficient). or something. idk
>>
official bemani game tier list from someone who has only ever played iidx and ddr.

iidx, pop'n
ddr
sdvx, gitadora
keyboardmania
jubeat
futuretomtom
dance evolution
reflec, beatstream
para para paradise, dance maniax,
>>
how do i get good at playing 2p side
>>
>>13343978
Not bad.
>>
File: jumpstepsaregay.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
jumpstepsaregay.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>
>>13341116
you obviously dont know much about how the pp system works then, yes combo is taken into account, but an fc with 95% and an fc with 99% accuracy will have a very large pp separation, especially at higher levels of difficulty. Also as another person said, this is a different type of rhythm game where aim is taken more seriously. IIDX is about being able to read the notes and hit the patterns correctly to the rhythm, in osu you need to be able to read, hit the patterns to the rhythm but also have good aim. if you have shit aim and cant hold a combo, you're shit at the game.
>>13341932
thank you for having a reasonable opinion on the game.
>>
>>13344825
So what you're saying is that keeping a combo in IIDX is easy and keeping a combo in osu is hard.
>>
Im gonna be getting some degenerate bucks pretty soon, what should I get, a Pop'n or SDVX controller?
>>
>>13345677
Hamburger smash is more fun.
>>
>>13345867
has better music too
>>
In SDVX, who are the charts below 11 made for? Actual children?
>>
File: ω.png (625 KB, 640x686) Image search: [Google]
ω.png
625 KB, 640x686
>>
>>13342778
Great read! I pretty much agree with everything. My first reaction to questions such as how to progress is to take it slow, methodically and consistently, because as you said not everyone enjoys grinding or constantly pushing themselves beyond their limits. If you are someone who aims high right from the start then push as hard as you can.

Personally my progression was something like this:
1->7 going easy
7->8 grinding few songs daily
8->10 not pushing much
10->11 mostly pushing, working on few songs
mid-11->12 hard push

11 was silly. I felt kinda bad. Being relatively stable at 11s, but getting around ~200+ misses on 12s. I decided to just go for it, because there weren't that many interest provoking songs.

Anyways. Thanks for your time.
>>
>>13346984
How lewd
>>
>all those walls of text
>no pun intended
I wish people who actually liked the games would answer some of these guys' questions. But they're too busy playing and enjoying them to do that. Can it really be helped?
>>
>>13338924
If you mean the leds themselves on the board, you'd probably need to solder it and it won't be easy. I think swapping out the entire light ring structure isn't hard, but they're kind of expensive to buy on their own.

I don't know a whole lot about the cellophane thing but I've seen it done before
>>
>>13341209
>>13341896
>Random isn't cheating
>>
>>13342506
webui is dead.
>>
>>13344850
Keeping a combo in osu is a requirement, regardless of how easy or difficult it is in comparison to other games which aren't reliant on combos.
>>
sorry to break up /iidxg/ but do you guys know of a decent metal pad for ddr? Im trying to get some exercise instead of just tapping keys with my hands, also the game looks pretty fun after watching some people beast mode it at a local arcade. So yeah what do you guys who actually play ddr use (hopefully with a bar)?
>>
>>13347587
way too late to hop on that bandwagon, better hope you can salvage one from an actual machine at this point
>>
>>13347626
i have this question but for more casual play with a foam mat
>>
>>13347673
Still too late to hop onto the bandwagon. Stalk ebay/Craigslist.
>>
>>13347673
If you're handy with a soldering iron get a 360 pad and bridge the direction traces with the signals for A/B/X/Y.
>>
is there any point in playing bms when you got the ac data?
>>
How long do you think the denpa trend will last in bemani?

lol at the arguing retards on sows
>>
>>13348367
hopefully not long
>>
>>13348370
ill take denpa over trash like sota fujimori any day
>>
>>13348394
ill take sota over trash like prim any day
>>
>>13348405
dude...............
>>
>>13348394
>trash like sota fujimori

Shit taste detected

Actually I can't even really say anything cause he's been drinking the edm/dubstep koolaid too much lately. I miss the pre-supernova sota style
>>
Why doesn't clearing a song with mirror count as an assist clear?
>>
>>13348497
Because it's functionally the same thing as switching from 1p to 2p.
Mirrored 1p is the same as normal 2p.
>>
>>13348363
It'll work when psun is kill.
>>
>>13348363
It's nice for when you're too lazy to wait for bootup to play a few songs or you want functional windowed mode.
>>
>>13348394
fuk off arnie
>>
lxdrm is legit dumb lol
>>
>>13339532
I'm on a KOC as well. I raised my chair a tad and it's better. Was going to try the other Anon's suggestion of hovering but I can't play for shit while hovering.
>>
>>13347850
You can do this with a PS2 pad as well, sans soldering iron. I did it with scotch tape and it's been going for months. Playing a foam pad is still shit but it's either that or play DDR exreme. Unlikely to find a metal pad in my area.

Sloooooowly moving into 11's. I've cleared 4 now, none of them particularly. hard. There's so many ridiculously easy 11's that have bullshit endings which leave me with a 76% or whatever.
>>
>>13350229
I'm just impressed you can do any kind of runs on a foam pad. I stopped using those when I was getting into 9s, can't even imagine doing even low end songs like xuxa on foam.
>>
>>13350340
9's about where I am now for DDR. I can get A's on a handful of 10's as well but it's shitty. Misfires pretty often and I usually lose my place on the mat once a song.
>>
>>13348425
>>>
> Anonymous 04/19/15(Sun)17:02:30 No.1334842
His newer edm/dubstep stuff is bleh but his hardcore is pretty awesome. I do agree his pre-supernova style needs a come back
>>
>>13347587
build your own. should only cost about $150-$200 in materials and it'll be better than anything you can buy.

>>13348703
who the fuck is arnie

>>13350112
you're going to need to learn to hover sooner or later
>>
>>13351436
guide to build a ddr pad?
>>
>>13351494
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/viewthread.php?threadid=3350

i'm probably going to be using riptide's, with a couple cosmetic changes.
>>
>>13351505
cheers
>>
>>13350112
Wrists are slightly more important. Try to keep them in piano-ish position. Not too low or high. You can very gently "rest" your fingertips on the keys if it helps.
>>
>>13351505
Would it be ok to make a 9 panel pad so I could play Pump too? Or are the hard corner panels required for DDR to feel good?

I've never played on a real DDR cab so this might be a dumb question but whatever.
>>
>>13352433
It entirely depends on what you want out of your pad. You can make one with a flat top and 9 sensors if you want, but it won't feel like an arcade pad. There's no easy way to have both a pump pad and a DDR pad since they have different panels raised.
>>
>>13352455
Yeah that's my problem. If I go with just a standard DDR layout I probably won't even bother with pump.

Maybe I'll work on finding a way to replace some of the buttons with hard panels depending on which game is being played.
>>
>>13339927
You should begin hard-clearing 7's and 8's
Once you've cleared a good amount of them, tackle those 9's! (if possible try to end your session by playing some 9's. Warm up with the hard clears on 7~8's)
>>
Tfw stuck on 7s
>>
>>13352433
playing pump on wrong-shaped pads is pretty weird, but if you want to do a bit of everything it should be OK if it has corner brackets.

there isn't much content for pump that isn't officials, though, which is pretty disappointing, so if you don't make your own charts you probably just want 4-panel.
>>
File: the decline of iidx.jpg (215 KB, 500x1600) Image search: [Google]
the decline of iidx.jpg
215 KB, 500x1600
This feels pretty incomplete, what's missing?
>>
>>13353196
-NAOKI
>>
>>13353196
pretty accurate
>>
>>13353139
Oh shit I didn't realize the panels were different sized. You think the smaller pads will really be that much different from AC?

And just looking at Prime's song list it seems like there's enough to last a casual player a pretty long time, especially if they're switching between ddr and other bemani games too.
>>
What's the highest response time that a monitor can be playable on? Can I make 7ms work?
>>
>>13353488
if you dont have a gsync monitor dont bother
>>
You can adjust the delay ingame in IIDX so there's no problem
>>
>>13327437
osu!mania?
>>
>>13327437
keyboardmania
>>
http://a.pomf.se/yozkqn.webm
this cocksucker of an ending
>>
>>13353196
ELEKTEL's last song for IIDX was in Gold
RAM and Osamu Kubota's last appearances were in DJ Troopers
Pink Pong hasn't been seen since Sirius
DJ Swan vanished after Lincle

Mayumi Morinaga was in RA but Prim shit didn't start until Lincle.
>>
Obscure question, but does anyone know what the "game difficulty" setting in the options of BMUS actually does?
>>
What would you sell a Nexen dance pad moderately used.

I used it for roughly 6 months before I moved to a place where it wasn't stable enough to play it. (Everyone would feel me playing above, below, and within 2-3 rooms in any direction) so it's been sitting in my closet ever since (with nothing on it of course).
>>
Whelp SDVX is live in socal
>>
>>13355552
Neat, I'm jealous. South Alabama gets nothing nice in terms of rhythm gaming, other than at conventions, which are only temporary.
>>
>>13354429
The difficulty setting in any bemani game should affect how fast the gauge rises and drops.
>>
>>13355791
Oh, alright. Is the default setting easier than AC? It feels like I'm passing stuff I shouldn't be.
>>
>>13355552
who cares, triboost is here
>>
>>13351436
Why is hovering necessary? Legit question, not trying to troll.
>>
>>13356128
hovering gives you faster, more free range of movement and it's a lot easier to time if you tap harder and from higher up.

As you improve you'll reach a point where you'll need to quickly transition from position to position a lot, and it's much faster and more efficient to do that from a neutral, lifted position than resting on keys.

It's also less strain
>>
>>13355858
when will they make that machine shut up? i can't even play iidx thanks to that shit
>>
>>13356158
its more fun too
>>
When is Round1 getting Dance Evolution?
>>
>>13355552
is this the one in santa ana?
>>
>tfw cant pass most 8's and pretty much all 9's
>tfw somehow got 5dan
>>
仮想空間の旅人たち is just fucking begging to be put in drummania
>>
iidx 23 when
>>
>>13353196
I thought tatsh was here to stay since RA. Did he leave again?
>>
File: 1416893513229.jpg (32 KB, 318x389) Image search: [Google]
1416893513229.jpg
32 KB, 318x389
>>13353196
>IIDX 23
>+Touhou
>>
>>13359173
i'll cut you
>>
Wow, I only have around 20 11s cleared but I just tried 9th dan for the first time and made it 90% of the way through Sampling Paradise with a starting gauge of 22%. This is gonna be way easier than 8th dan was.
>>
File: 6vzTx6p.jpg (19 KB, 199x184) Image search: [Google]
6vzTx6p.jpg
19 KB, 199x184
>>13359173

>>13359226
I haven't really messed with 9dan since I cleared 8dan pretty early but that's good to hear. I'm very, very worried about flying rerun but I never made it past zed the like two times I tried the course.
>>
>>13359289
Yeah, Rerun is what I need to practice; my groove gauge progression was 74%-44%-22%.
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.