[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Untranslated Games Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: Summon Night 3.png (1 MB, 640x816) Image search: [Google]
Summon Night 3.png
1 MB, 640x816
Lets discuss video games that have just released in japan or old ones that sadly never got localized. To kick start the thread answer these three questions! What are you playing right now? What are you looking forward to? What is an old gem that you think has been overlooked because it was never translated?

I am playing Star Ocean 5, I kinda regret buying this honestly. It's a pretty bad game. The camera gives me motion sickness the combat is repetitively, unrewarding, and boring. The writing and dialogue is that special kind of bad that just makes my head want to explode. Weird that it's getting localized fast, at least they got that right?

I am looking forward to Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates, Berseria and Caligula. Berseria looks very fun in particular. Caligula on the surface looks very cool but just the name FuRyu is enough to make me check my expectations. I have no idea what to expect from pairetsu, it's a compile heart game, but that breast expansion man.

Seven Pirates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArnI4X6oQEY

Berseria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agygkG0NCrc

Caligula's Dengeki Reveal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p1BmwCYvno

A game series I think has been forgotten but that I loved are the main line Summon Night games. We got the spin offs translated on the GBA and I was amazed to find out there were a whole other series of games. The balance was a bit lacking in the first two games but the third was almost perfect in terms of options, and difficultly. If you have been thinking of getting into Summon Night because of the new release I would suggest starting at 3 unless you want the full experience of knowing every character that is reintroduced in SN6.

Summon Night 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdFAMYhomHk

Also let me know if 東方蒼神縁起V is worth 3000 yen.
>>
For Summon Night is it really better to start at 3? I'm worried about missing out on stuff in 6 by not playing the first two. What are the definitive versions? I know a lot of the games got multiple releases.
>>
Summon Night 6 was fricking awful. As if being a 祭り spinoff with a number in the title wasn't bad enough, the game is part-voice. Completely unforgivable. It's a real shame because the graphics are pretty good.

>I would suggest starting at 3 unless you want the full experience of knowing every character that is reintroduced in SN6.
I wouldn't suggest playing 6 at all unless you've played every game in the series, since it'll be nearly impossible to understand what the characters are talking about when they describe the situations they were pulled out of before being transported to Filuja and when they explain to each other how far they are in their respective "stories." Not to mention it spoils the twists of pretty much every main series game.

I'm not sure if I want Berseria. I skipped over Zestiria and Berseria just looks like more of the same awkward direction the series has been taking since Xillia.

>What are you playing right now?
#FE I guess, if starting it a week ago and playing it for an hour counts as currently playing it.

>What are you looking forward to?
Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution, Sekaiju no Meikyuu V, Baldr Heart, and the Vita ports of Clover Day's and Astral Air

>What is an old gem that you think has been overlooked because it was never translated?
Can't think of a good answer to this atm. Pretty much everything that isn't translated is overlooked by EOPs.
>>
>>15151048
I also forgot to mention I'm looking forward to Dungeon Travelers 2-2, whenever more on that is announced.
>>
>>15151005
I am just saying that 3 is when the game play gets good. You will miss out a lot if you skip 1 and 2. Especially when it comes to characters. Almost all of the main cast gets reintroduced. If you don't mind older games you probably will like SN1-2, just don't expect FFT or Tactics Ogre because they are very rough SRPG. The first two game do have their charm, they are just rough around the edges when it comes to mechanics and difficulty. Some times the difficulty spikes hard. There are two versions you can play, the DS version make the game a cake walk with new characters and buffing weapons. The original is challenging unless you grind free battles. SN6 is not worth playing 5 games for just so you know.

>>15151048
>the game is part-voice.
I'm still mad.
>>
>>15151059
Isn't NIS also making a DRPG? I hear that one is going to be something unique. Never been into those games myself. I found the dungeons in DT2 got more and more tedious as the game progressed. Not even fun, just a pain because I'm the type that needs to explore every tile.
>>
How are Luminous Arc 3 and Infinity?
>>
>>15151080
I'm not sure what NIS is making. I don't really pay attention to them. But yeah, I completely agree about the dungeons in DT2. I enjoyed all the story dungeons and the optional tree dungeon but I found the other optional dungeon and all the post game dungeons to be pretty boring, especially since they reused a lot of music from the first Dungeon Travelers.
>>
File: 2016-03-02-013345.jpg (275 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-02-013345.jpg
275 KB, 960x544
>>15151102
>How are Luminous Arc 3 and Infinity?
I can't speak for 3 but Infinity was a mixed bag for me.

The story was great and had some amazing voice acting, but it dragged on too long and was only partly voiced. The voiced parts were chosen seemingly at random which hurts it the most, even important story parts are not fully voiced. It really killed the story for me. The character interactions are some of the best I have seen in quite some time, it's very funny, very unique in terms of the character and their relationships.

As for gameplay, the game starts off really good with every character filling it's combat role nicely, but there are a limited number of skills and each character can learn any skill from the skill tree of the game which is how you customize characters, so eventually all your characters end up overlapping on many areas in terms of combat roles and start feeling interchangeable and "same-y". Some of the items with cosmetic changes are soo powerful they never get replaced which would be nice if you did not get them soo early in the game, making most equipment upgrades moot. The game would have been perfect if they cut some of the story and made it fully voiced, it just drags on and out stays it's welcome. Easily 60-80 hours with DLC content but the combat doesn't evolve after 5-10 hours. It should have just been a visual novel honestly.

>>15151048
I tried and tried and tried, I just can't get into Kiseki. Shame because the sale going on right now is VERY good.
>>
File: 6.jpg (187 KB, 825x1254) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
187 KB, 825x1254
>>15150922
for a general, make the OP simple and put the rest in a separate post next time

Photokano in celebration of the sequel announcement

Recolove of course.

I have Gold Beach preordered and will add Blue Ocean on the tiny chance that Famitsu gives it at least the same score than Photokano (I'm betting it won't). The new art direction gives me serious pause (乳袋, saturation, even some slight sameface) but this was one of my most wanted sequels so buying at least one is a no-brainer.

If Idolmaster and Zetsumei 4 turn out to be good I will most certainly buy a PS4 later this year.

>What is an old gem that you think has been overlooked because it was never translated?
Probably 俺働け, both 乙 and 酉 which came out recently. It's probably the best digital-only game being sold for the vita right now.
>>
>>15151185
Kiseki is kamige at its finest
>>
File: 2016-04-07-140534.jpg (123 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07-140534.jpg
123 KB, 960x544
>>15151194
I don't think this will be a general to be fair, nor would I want it to be. I just wanted to talk about some games.

>>15151203
I know I just can't get into it. The story is nice but the combat is boring.
>>
>>15151194
Platinum Stars is looking to be pretty much OFA 2 from what they showed at Chokaigi so I can't imagine it'll turn out much differently from OFA overall.
>>
>>15151210
The Sora trilogy has weak combat, but Zero onward is fantastic
>>
>>15151062
>The first two game do have their charm, they are just rough around the edges when it comes to mechanics and difficulty
Every battle can be pretty much steamrolled if one of your physical characters is 2-3 levels higher than the average enemy level, and since brave orders weren't a thing in the first two games, it kind of encourages you to just pump all your exp into one character (probably the protagonist). I would say charm is all they have. That's not an insult though, SN1-2 are really worth playing just for the story, characters, and voice acting alone.

>>15151210
Do you have Valkyrie Drive or is that just a random screenshot (probably not judging from the file name)? How is it compared to the Vita Senran Kagura games?
>>
File: 1460874162889.jpg (319 KB, 723x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460874162889.jpg
319 KB, 723x1024
The girls are super cute, I can't wait. Same for Nioh, I hope they come to PC but I have a ps4 just in case.
>>
>>15151203
>Sen
>>
File: Blue&Gold.jpg (117 KB, 999x282) Image search: [Google]
Blue&Gold.jpg
117 KB, 999x282
imouto or onee-san?
>>
File: 2016-04-07-140000.jpg (98 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07-140000.jpg
98 KB, 960x544
>>15151233
I own the game, the combat is fun. It's better than SV, I have never played EV because SV was kinda weak imo. I love all the little items and hidden stuff in each level to unlock new panties. Some times it even becomes a platformer I thought i was very fun and much faster paced than SV. The story was actually kind of interesting with a bit of drama but no real yuri which was disappointing. Beating stuff up was satisfying and the rubbing game was fun until they force you to do it for an hour for the plat.

>>15151256
If you are just going to green text and a response we might as well just go to /v/.

>>15151230
I want to believe you. Link me to some vids?
>>
>>15151274
those two are neither

I don't want to be rude but you're not really in the right thread if you can't read japanese
>>
File: 2016-03-26-214356.jpg (95 KB, 544x960) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-26-214356.jpg
95 KB, 544x960
>>15151274
I'm getting both but I'm starting with blue ocean for chuuni imouto. Little sisters have been best girls since Amagami.
>>
>>15151287
It's pretty obvious he just picked up a random image if you look at the file name. Everyone knows those are the two main heroins. The only difference will be the supporting sister character and the routes.
>>
>>15151274
I wonder how DLC is going to work for these games. Will you have to buy DLC twice if you want them for both? Considering how each version even has different poses and animations and they are claiming almost no overlap, it would not surprise me if each side had unique DLC.
>>
>>15151291
I'll probably do the same.
>>
Have you guys changed your purchasing behavior lately now that the yen has been getting stronger? I'm second guessing pretty much all my purchases lately.
>>
when will there be more news of bokosuka girls?
>>
File: megane.jpg (94 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
megane.jpg
94 KB, 640x358
>>15151319
There's no reason to believe they'll be worse than Team Ninja and even DOAX3 has cross-version compatibility I think

Then again, the entire second series of photokano's DLC is pretty jewish (helped somewhat by the first being fantastic) so expect anything from the price
>>
>>15151256
Sen was actually really good, Sen II is where shit hit the fan
>>
>>15151357
Absolutely, I used to buy a lot of games on release, now I am waiting for deals. I'm also leaning more toward used physical games over digital purchases and cutting back on the DLC. I still want to buy everything I play, but it's hard man.

>>15151382
Consider that the preorder DLC is colored based on which you buy. I think something similar might happen, it's a niche game and people will go to crazy lengths for their waifus.

>>15151402
Not a sen fan I got both Sen 1 and 2 on PS+ and have played maybe 5-6 hours worth of the games, but at least sen2 let you have Towa as a party member, she is the cutest.

Weirdly I have not played a single hour of games today, I don't know why I'm just zombified at my PC I should really turn it off. Do you guys ever get like that?
>>
>>15151357
I bought one shit game on launch last year and it pretty much wiped out all the money I'd "saved" from sales and being all frugal and shit

I don't really care about things like that anymore
>>
>>15151281
Yeah, I've got a couple of vids for you

Zero Evo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDiM06ZcTCs

Ao is pretty similar, you'll just have more arts and crafts available

Sen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMDryPi-3U

Late game Sen and Sen II have some really cool stuff but lol spoilers
>>
>>15151439
Not to sound like an ass, but it's just flashy attacks animation, the game play itself is pretty much what I didn't like, slow and flashy. I liked the boss fights, it's killing random monsters that is the worse. It's tedious.
>>
>>15151497
You're describing literally every SRPG. The later games in the series give you many more options about how to approach fights but yes, they are all still turn based.
>>
Not playing a jap game at the moment, but just finished SO5 last week. I've got to agree that it wasn't worth the purchase at all.

Also looking forward to Berseria, got it pre-ordered. Despite all the complaints about Zestiria I still enjoyed it, maybe I'm just easily amused.

I'm interested in Caligula, still not decided whether to get it or not.

I'm hoping that Persona 5 actually comes out this summer and isn't too close to Berseria. I'm looking forward to Persona more so I'll probably prioritise it if it does, though.

Just been mostly trying to keep up with current releases, so haven't played anything that I feel could be called overlooked. There are so many games out there that I'll never have time to play them all so I figure that if I play something older I may as well play the ones which have the most praise.
>>
>>15151520
I found Summon Night and Disgaea to go by fast. Not all jrpgs are as slow as kiseki. Can you skip attack animations?
>>
>>15150922
>Berseria
I'm 99% sure this is gonna get localized.
>>
>>15151944
Not the point of the thread.
>>
File: mandara-004.jpg (129 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mandara-004.jpg
129 KB, 640x480
Those oldhu gaems sure are pricey.
>>
>>15150922

Try going into /vr/ archive and find some threads where people whine about no translations. Lot of nice stuff comes up there. Mizzurna Falls is one mainstay.
>>
File: natural progression.jpg (33 KB, 965x128) Image search: [Google]
natural progression.jpg
33 KB, 965x128
>>15150922
Photokano, finishing up the 2nd round in preparation for the sequel. I'm bothered that they wasted a huge chunk of the last quarter on melodrama and explaining the NBR, and the game could've been a lot more polished in many aspects, but overall I'm pleased with it.

I still need to figure out what the hell Reco Love's version split is about, but I'll get whichever one that lets me fuck Mana.

Reco Love, DT2-2, Mary Skelter

I'll need to play it again for a reality check but I liked Tokyo Mono Harashi.

>>15151080
I don't know about postgame DT2, but I found the story dungeons at very manageable sizes and packed with puzzles/traps instead of just being big and maze-like with nothing in them, so they aren't that tedious. I do recall a couple "fuck it where's the exit" moments but not for every dungeon.

Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain is the NIS DRPG, yeah. I personally am not looking forward to it much considering how much they loved random generation and grind plans.
>>
>>15151828
You can in the evolution versions of the games.
>>
I'm trying Farland story 4 as my first jrpg played in Japanese since it can be texthooked. All the words for empires and countries along with the sailing terminology is kicking my ass. Any advice for a jrpg that contains kanji for someone trying to learn Japanese? I don't care if its a shit game
>>
File: 1453237075958.jpg (106 KB, 698x658) Image search: [Google]
1453237075958.jpg
106 KB, 698x658
I'm kind of getting bored of the same vanilla scenarios over and over again.
Is there any game with trap protagonists and a female MC?

Or a trap protagonist with female heroines that doesn't turn into a massive alpha cockmaster as soon as the sex scenes start.
>>
>>15153231
Wrong thread.
>>
>>15153287
Oops
>>
>>15151828
You can in all games after the original trilogy
>>
File: 1461928660920.jpg (54 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1461928660920.jpg
54 KB, 450x450
I tried Summon Night 1 a few months back. I though the characters were pretty charming and some of the mechanics were pretty unique but I just can't into SRPGs. Had to drop it.

>>15152373
>I still need to figure out what the hell Reco Love's version split is about, but I'll get whichever one that lets me fuck Mana.
My bet is that one version is the L routes and one version is the H routes.
>>
It's the last game to be released on psp. Go buy multiple copies and bank off of it in 10 or 15 years it looks fun.
>>
>>15153377
>>15153108
Ok I guess I will give it another go. I have evo and never noticed.

>>15152373
I need to finish my first round of photokano because I only did the L routes for the girls I thought were cute, big mistake, turns out they were all cute. Only a few more routes to go.
>>
実況パワフルプロ野球2016
>>
I got bored with Star Ocean 5, and decided to not finish it. Currently playing Bullet Girls 2.

> What are you looking forward to?
Persona 5, Caligula, Recolove, Ys 8, Sen no Kiseki 3, Futari no Hakuoro.

After playing the demo, I somewhat look forward to FF15 as well, but seeing how Squeenix has disappointed me so many times, I'll wait until reviews come out before deciding whether it's worth buying.
>>
File: clip.jpg (18 KB, 290x96) Image search: [Google]
clip.jpg
18 KB, 290x96
>clipping in official screenshots
Wow

The site went up today. Go look http://recolove.jp. Still no release date or DLC details yet
>>
>>15158318
I don't mind titty monsters but Mariana's design is just incredibly offputting to me. So long as they don't have her do that fake foreigner way of speaking stuff should probably grow on me a little bit at least I guess though...

I guess I should buy a bigger memory card for my JP PSN account too in the coming months.
>>
File: game_ph08.jpg (30 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
game_ph08.jpg
30 KB, 480x272
>>15163156
Same. I like titty monsters when the titties are done properly, but here they're oversized, attached to a fucking disgusting molding shirt and overall everything just screams "crank this to the max!". Doesn't help that Twitter voted 56% in favor of her.

And I think she has some kind of "fake foreigner way of speaking stuff"?
>>
>>15164211
I mean more like this for the "fake foreigner" thing.
https://youtu.be/DEWQ3BaSJwk?t=9

I just find it really annoying.
>>
>>15164229
Oh yeah, you mean the accent? Nothing on that yet, we'll find out once the voice clips are up. I'm bummed that they're only uploaded on mondays.

I guess I'll just stick to Blue to avoid that altogether anyway. The only concern right now is the writing quality as I thought the L routes in Photokano were too dramatic.
>>
I've actually been trying to make an undub (or dub rather) patch for Summon Night 5 but it seems to be more than just copy pasting the voice files from the jap version.
>>
>>15167121
Why not just play it in Japanese? Seems like a lot of work for nothing. Anyone that wanted to play it has either abandoned it or already finished it.
>>
Don't mind me, just posting the best game ever created by humans
>>
>>15170995
>>15171007
>>15171039
Was it really necessary to triple post?
>>
>>15169281
My japanese is pretty bad, and I'm sure a couple of people would appreciate the effort.
>>
>>15170995
I own it but I just can't get into it. I must just have bad taste.
>>
Do any of you guys care about persona or Zero Escape? I've always been a huge weeb but always felt those games were boring as fuck.
>>
>>15180002
Persona 4 was cozy and I enjoyed the story of the P2 IS and EP, but the other Persona games aren't as interesting to me. I prefer other SMT titles.

I haven't played the Zero Escape series so I can't comment on those.
>>
Can someone help me with what's being said here? I think I'm close but I don't get the dismissed/rejected part of the conversation:

ふふ~金玉が精子を
作る時間がないんだから
難しいわよねえ
でもちゃんといっぱいにできたら
ご褒美をあげますから、頑張りなさい
ご褒美?そうねえ...
私の下着一年分とか?
Fufu~
It's difficult when your balls don't have enough time to make sperm.
However, if you manage to fill it properly you will receive a reward, so do your best.
The reward? Oh well, it's...
How about a year's share of my underwear?

下着一年分ってどういう単位なの...
I wonder what a year's share of underwear is worth...

分からないから却下ね
Since you don't understand it, you're dismissed.
>>
>>15174209
Which one? I wouldn't blame you if it's any of them except 3. Sakura Taisen 1 and 2 are sort of slow and can get boring, 4 is underwhelming, and I haven't played 5 but I heard it's boring. 3 is a masterpiece and one of the greatest games ever made though.
>>
>>15180002
I don't. Every Persona game except 3P Maniac was a trainwreck.
Haven't played Zero Escape and have no desire to since I no longer have an interest in mystery.
>>
File: I will protect this smile..png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
I will protect this smile..png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>15150922
Just finished SO5. リリア is fucking 可愛い.

I have never played any Star Ocean game before but I loved this game.

The cast is great and the PAs are all pretty funny and interesting. Shed a tear on the end of ウェルチ's quest line.

The battle system is very fun and I'd say it's better than any Tales of. With it makes for intense boss fights that reminds me of Arc Rise Fantasia but in real time.

I don't know what to say about the story, it's pretty simple and standard fare. The characters made me enjoy it at least.

The soundtrack is relaxing, and the boss tracks are hype as fuck. Another great work by Sakuraba.

All in all, I absolutely loved it. One of the best RPGs I've played in recent years.

Going to finish the post-game dungeon and probably replay it in Chaos a week or so after. And of course, I'm looking forward to Berseria, Persona 5, and FFXV.
>>
File: Jap log.jpg (464 KB, 920x1697) Image search: [Google]
Jap log.jpg
464 KB, 920x1697
Replaying Vesperia, but this time the ps3 version. 60 hours in, it's amazing how the classic formula of town>overworld>dungeon works so well, at least for me.

It also taught me that I need more pirate loli trope in my life.

To develop my kanji recognition better so the low res games won't give me so much trouble. The font of Destiny remake for ps2 also gives me a headache.

I would love to see another DQ Builders, but I'm worried because the sales didn't reach Heroes levels.

The first Kenka Bancho blew my mind. You have to replay it like 7 times thoroughly in order to get the 100% of everything, items, girlfriend routes, alternative cutscenes... Fuck /v/ and his Yakuza-loading-times-per-fight boner. Kenka Bancho is the real beat em up 3D heir.
>>
>>15180818

Not him, but I enjoyed 2 more than 3. Maybe because the story was a lot more interesting in the second game, I played the PSP version. The fourth game was super rushed and it feels more like a fan disk than a game.
>>
>>15151291
Does Miya have a long route in Amagami? I liked Photokano and am thinking about getting that game as well
>>
>>15184938
Does Miya have a route in amagami?
>>
>>15184938
Miya has a mini-route in the fandisk. They eventually move in together in their own apartment, but it's not like there's any kiss or anything.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9--8fzd_4E&index=6&list=PLBV3lku6bt4cZCwcLkedseDfqSs6neQAt

My ability to read moon has increased significantly to the point where I understand the narration of almost this entire video. However the scenario from 12:00-15:00 still frustrating me meaning-wise. I am guessing because some bogus scientific terms are used and it's throwing me off.

Basically, is anyone able to summarize the events of the scenario from minute 12-15?
>>
>>15188661
gay
>>
>>15150922
I'm sad at the idea that most occidental players will never experience the great soundtrack of Nora to toki no koubou.
>>
>>15189708
the professor applied medicine to make her senses more sensitive and they proceeded to tickle her, after a bit of tickling he gave her more medicine but accidentally increased the dosage he gave too much.
eventually she ended up in a loop where she'd faint > wake up > get tickled again > faint again until she went crazy.
happy end
>>
>>15190683
Don't reply to spam.
>>
I thought that was Swordcraft Story 3 and started getting very excited. I should try playing that and see how far I can get with my limited knowledge.
>>
>>15171007
um spoilers m8
>>
>>15198960
I would like to replay all of swordcraft again in Japanese just to see how it compares.
>>
Are there good sites similar to EGS for VNs but to find games with? To find stuff that isn't localized outside of Japan? Or any recommendation images?
>>
>>15210595
mk2 and wazap are user rating sites, if that's the aspect of EGS you're looking for. mk2 requires a full written review with every rating, so it's more useful for getting details about games.
>>
File: mako.png (2 MB, 1283x771) Image search: [Google]
mako.png
2 MB, 1283x771
I don't think this EOP will live to see the day those are translated.

Yurikago no sora
Psx atelier
Lethal Crisis
and most grievously pic related
>>
>>15211210
>cuck version
>>
>>15190999
More like to shitty EOPs.
>>
>>15213522
I lost my savegame in the uncensored version so I just grabbed that screenshot of the censored one.
>>
When will you guys learn to just ignore EOP's bait?
>>
>>15222689
How old are you? How'd you get into quote unquote weebshit?
>>
>>15223391
What
>>
Dang. We almost made it two whole weeks without the thread degrading into the hideous amalgam of jrpgg and vitagen it was destined to become.
>>
>>15224184
Is this 説明 meant to be an answer to my question or are you directing it to other people reading my post?
Who is the 馬鹿? The guy I was responding to for suddenly bringing up e-celebs or me for not knowing shit about them?
A lot of unanswered questions here.
>>
>>15224278
You should get a tripcode so people can filter your autistic ass. Noone cares about your zainichi boogeyman, yet I saw you bring it up on like 4 boards.
>>
>>15228502
when will you learn
you insist in picking up fights with people you have 0 chance against
are you masochistic? do it like the other dude and back off when you notice you stand no chance/have little to gain

this is an anonymous board yet you're too retarded to understand even that much
i dont know how you even manage to breathe
>>
Nothing coming out that I'm interested in until late June.

For 2016, planning on getting Black Rose Valkyrie, Etrian Odyssey 5, (maybe) Mary Skelter. Maybe Fate/Extella too (still butthurt it's not a proper third F/E game), not sure yet. Really want Gust to announce new games already.
>>
Is there anything worse than trying to find PS3 isos years after release?
>>
>>15230348
Trying to find Japanese Xbox 360 ISOs/JTAG-read games?
>>
>>15230409
Isn't the only Xbox exclusive worth bothering with IM@S?
>>
>>15151357
You think it's bad now? You weren't importing back in 2011/2012 when the exchange rate was $1 USD = 80 yen. Paying close to $100 for one game sometimes, that was a real nightmare.
>>
>>15231477
Those were dark times

>>15230099
This is basically my list with the addition of 3rd Evo and Ys VIII
>>
>>15231477
I actually was importing back then. And yes, it was pretty awful. I paid $240 for my Japanese 3DS, and that was after the price cut.
>>
>>15233191
Fuck, I think my JN3DS from last year was in the 180-190 range
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 600x316
Anyone ever play Evangelion 2?
The game mechanics are really innovative.
Whatever human interaction you have with others affects your AT field affecting your attack and defense during battle.
There are so many ways to play the game such as Zero AT runs, and having romantic options with any of the characters.

One cool thing is that if your current love interest gets killed by an angel you go berserk mode during battle

The only crappy thing is that the battles are basically tank strategy simulator, but the visuals look great when you actually do an attack though.
>>
Can anyone find me the manual for Princess Crown on PSP? All the controls/menus are changed from the original.
>>
File: boku no sadfox.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
boku no sadfox.webm
3 MB, 640x360
I made a video of the last boss of ゆりかごのそら to show off to some people.

Cute platformer, fairly recent too (C87 I think?)
>>
>>15240874
Am I going to have to buy this? I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>15240854
Vita always includes digital manuals for their games you should buy it on there.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 360x270
Super heroine chronicle is pretty cool.
http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22853143
>>
File: 2016-05-02-192409.jpg (83 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-02-192409.jpg
83 KB, 960x544
>>15243700
I've been playing that recently. I remember buying the Vita version because I thought I would be able to take screenshots but they blocked the screenshot function. That made me put the game away for nearly 2 years.
>>
Okay, so reading Tenshin Ranman. I thought I was on the Unohana route but I seem to be getting lots of imouto drama? Is that going to continue for awhile?
>>
>>15248470
Ys VIII tho
>>
>>15248470
Persona 5 looks like garbage.
What do you see in it?
>>
File: le man in anguish.jpg (41 KB, 500x586) Image search: [Google]
le man in anguish.jpg
41 KB, 500x586
>>15248470
the future of the industry in general doesn't look too hot
>>
>>15248470
I'm interested in Caligula and Root Letter, have Berseria pre-ordered and am considering pre-ordering FFXV (still got to play the demo first though, so depends if I like it).

Maybe I just have poor taste though.
>>
>>15244098
Vita is an underrated VN machine.
>>
>>15248470
>I have only 1 pre-order which is Persona 5
Honestly it's you that is the problem.
>>
>>15249712
Are you talking about Persona or Megami Tensei as a whole?
>>
>>15255219
It has a big VN library, but I don't like that the games are ports and hit with the console curse: downgraded to all ages
>>
File: 008.jpg (62 KB, 600x1280) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
62 KB, 600x1280
>>15251426
So is Root Letter going to be a visual novel with a plot or what? I know literally nothing about it besides the fact the artist also did Love Plus.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 640x480
>>15183890
>くまたんち
That game was the literal definition of comfy.
Fun fact that game was made by シガタケ Vanillaware's George Kamitani's right hand man.
Shigatake also drew habanero tan.
>>
>>15260596
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>15264578
its obvious you idiot
games you EOPs cant play are way more enjoyable
>>
>>15264709
Don't be like that anon, just enjoy the fact that we can play it months early unspoiled.
>>
>>15264760
Not him, but while it sounds extreme, I have to say a game that hasn't yet made it over (anything from coverages to an actual localization) is at least spared from having an obnoxious audience attached to it

It seems the moment something gets localized the floodgate is open for the most unsavory shitters out there: dubs vs subs fags, roleplayers, presentation critics, the fucking sjws, etc. It sucks because you need to evade these blights in order to even talk about the games anymore
>>
>>15242489
https://mega.nz/#F!wlViQAJY!4vZJ282LjPF8wqIjtPAR5g!Q5MiUR7K
>>
>>15243700
I had to drop this like halfway through because the game started overheating my vita whenever I sped up animations.

I don't know what was up with that.
>>
>>15264893
Why not just skip the animations altogether?
Is it because sometimes you can do an extra attack when you do watch them?
Just use the vita TV instead then.
>>
>>15264825
If a game is untranslated it's even more difficult to have any discussion about it though, since any thread you start on any website is just going to be people talking about a potential localization or fan translation and ignoring your posts to avoid spoilers from the nasty importers.
>>
>>15265221
Yeah, kind of hard to full break things otherwise.
>>
>>15264825
>I have to say a game that hasn't yet made it over (anything from coverages to an actual localization) is at least spared from having an obnoxious audience attached to it
That's wrong. Every group of people has retards in it, translated games just have more audience which means there are also more obnoxious fans.
Even if you only spend your time in English communities some "famous" untranslated games are constantly brought up by stupid faggots.
All the unsavory shitters you've brought up don't only exist "over here", they are "over there" as well (dubs vs subs fags obviously not for Jap games)

You always have to evade these blights and I recommend everyone bothered by them to avoid all communities that are pretty big because it's easier for small ones, the retards are less vocal in those.

>>15265370
I think your best bet is /jp/. Just try to start discussions, if nobody joins, try again later (it should be up for a few days without bumping anyways) or give up.
I've only started learning Japanese relatively recently (2-3 years) and haven't played that much untranslated games yet (I've played a lot favorites that got localized in Japanese, and played newer games before they got localized), so I unfortunately can't join in.
>>
>>15266128
>or give up
This is pretty much what I've done, as far as discussing games with random people online at least. I'm lucky enough to have irl friends who share my interests.
>>
>>15214334
>uncensored
Wot? Is there really a version without pixelated pussy?
>>
File: 1463857784432.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463857784432.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>15272056
>>15272056
>Wot? Is there really a version without pixelated pussy?
no, but the original has backpacks and doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to her age
>>
>>15272063
That one is on Nyaa too right?
>>
>>15272079
most likely. I got mine from AB anyway.
>>
EOP here, I'm incapable of learning moonrunes and I've given up hope for translation patches so I'm playing some jap games with external text translations. In particular I'm interested in SRPGs. I really liked Langrisser V and Front Mission 2 (partially patched), and I'm playing Growlanser 1 now. I'm considering playing Langrisser 3 and the Sakura Taisen games, which of those are worth playing? Are there any other good SRPGs with script translations?
>>
>>15280289
Tell me one good thing about P5 that none of the other persona games do.
>>
>>15276705
I'm surprised no one translated Langrisser V, since they did II and IV.

>>15280289
Whats the best Saturn emulator these days? I remember trying to get SF 3 to work years and years ago but it was a mess.
>>
Any Japan only PSP rpg's anyone can recommend?
>>
>>15283853
Last Ranker
>>
>>15264825
Personally I think you are right, English Only vn fans are always squabbling and fighting over the most trivially shit when a good 10-15% of the translation is completely wrong. Look at how bad /vn/ general was for almost a year before they got a dedicated janitor.
>>
>>15283853
Tales, Tales, Tales, Kiseki

>>15281887
Well, the game isn't out yet so it's hard to say
>>
>>15286126
Well the thing about P5 is that when they first revealed the game back in 2014 with the chairs and ball and chain it made it seem like they were going back to a darker tone and going away from the established formula but now it just seems like the same game with a red and black cost of paint.
>>
>>15286920
It will probably be the last big non sports game released on ps3 which is nice
>>
>>15283853
Tokyo Mono Harashi
Dungeon Travelers 1
Blue Roses

>>15281887
Honestly P5 is looking incredibly fucky to me.
- No fusion yet
- Dungeons look slightly better than the last 2 "attempts", but still simple
- Each button is mapped to a command in battle. Why?
- Long ass animations
>>
>>15286920
I mean there seems to be a bit more of a real time component with the theiving thing
>>
>>15287142
I am less hyped about P5 than the new atelier or the new tales for rpgs and I am more interested in reco love in terms of waifu and dating sim. I played P4G, I just do not get the appeal of that kind of game. It takes rpg elements and dating sim elements yet does not do either well, it's bad as an rpg from a mechanical standpoint and the writing pales compared to a pure dating sim or visual novel.
>>
Anyone play princess crown?
It's hard to believe that game came out in 97 when it has things like stamina and i-frames for the battle system.
The battle sysrem itself is extremely solid too. Why didn't people like it? Heard it didn't sell well.
Everything about it is fantastic.
>>
File: tana - グラドリエル.png (104 KB, 509x699) Image search: [Google]
tana - グラドリエル.png
104 KB, 509x699
>>15289039
The repetition killed it. I love the game myself but there are like 10 enemies throughout all the game and there's not that much variety in the combat either. I also hated being forced to play as other characters when Gradriel was the most fun.

It's still a fantastic game in my book, but maybe adding some skill systems, more enemies and dungeons and more music to it and it would have been so much better.
>>
>>15289046
I'm only at the beginning and I'm just dying to keep battling.
There's just so much charm to it that not even the newest odin sphere has.
>>
I wish Japan would make more Wizardry games.
>>
File: 山武 - 姫様.png (260 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
山武 - 姫様.png
260 KB, 600x590
>>15289089
I know what you mean. Like I said, you're going to run into dull portions of the game but stick to the end since it's all worth it. I won't spoil much but the final chapter is amazing.
>>
File: 1383541667888.jpg (73 KB, 649x638) Image search: [Google]
1383541667888.jpg
73 KB, 649x638
>>15255222
I'll be legit famalana, it's not like I'm happy about this either

The pic I posted should show that, it's just Jap industry has been so dead it has nothing else I want to suppor

Falcom went to shit
All my favorite JRPG series are dead
SEGA is p. much kill
Sakura Taisen was cucked from Japs by gooks

Supporting P5 is like pissing in an ocean of shit. I could be part of the problem but the ocean will still be shit even if I dont piss on it
>>
>>15297441
it wouldn't be that bad if your standards weren't so abysmal m8
>>
>>15297441
>Sakura Taisen was cucked from Japs by gooks

Wut?
>>
>>15297441
What's wrong with Falcom? Ys VIII actually looks fucking great and Kiseki is Kiseki, though Sen II was ehhhh. Aside from that I pretty much agree with you, though Gust is still kinda alright.
>>
>>15297929
>>15297921
try not to bully him for his opinions m8s
>>
>>15297809
ダンジョントラベラーズ2-2
世界樹の迷宮V
神獄塔メアリスケルター
レコラヴ

メガテン4f
イグジストアーカイヴ

That's before we even consider the 同人 and アーケード scenes.

and VIII still looks better than Celceta
>>
Someone who preordered doujin games, wizardry clones and レコラヴ is unironically talking about others have low standards dX
>>
>>15297963
Surely Wizardry clones would be of a higher order than the trashy charage clusterfuck that's JRPGs
And I didn't say I was preordering doujin games but that's your reading comprehension for you.
>>
>>15297972
Hey, I'd at least pick good wizardry clones before I'd even post anything
>>
>>15297981
>Also, you talk about standards yet you have dungeon travelers and etrian shit as a pre-orders?
You mean the only remaining RPGs Japan can make without a complete disregard for gameplay and level designs? Yes, I am. And to be perfectly honest Etrian was there to comfort myself that the 3DS will eventually get a dungeon RPG worth a shit at the end of its life.

>at least play good ones like Elminage
And which Elminage is up for preorder, per your request up there?
DT is already a far more polished series.
>>
>>15298017
>DT is far more polished
My sides are fucking gone
>>
File: me die.jpg (512 KB, 640x1015) Image search: [Google]
me die.jpg
512 KB, 640x1015
>>15297809
I want to vomit.
>>
>>15298026
Keep posting pitiful information-less one-liners like that and everybody will eventually be enlightened on why Gothic was such a better game.

>>15298036
I have no idea why we're deciding to talk about the history of DRPGs when you asked me to post what upcoming games I'm preordering? Are you so mentally challenged that you are unable to read other's posts AND your own posts? Fucking take your precious SMT-lite and shove it up your anus already.
>>
>>15298058
There's no need to be upset.
>>
>Elminage is SMT-lite
Why must I share 4chan with plens like this
>>
>>15255219
Chink windows tablet is much better VN machine and much cheaper as heck. (down to 80 dollars)
>>
>>15298061
Oh no you sure told me with your non-existent backups.

>>15298073
I limited the list of games to unreleased titles according to what you asked. So what the fuck is your problem, exactly? Sounds to me you're only butthurt over me pointing out your abysmal standards and are hellbent on shitting on everything I say regardless of what it is.
>>
>>15298077
SMT-lite is clearly referring to Persona 5, which the other guy crowned as the final savior of modern Japanese games. I'm seriously impressed at people's inability to even follow a simple conversation.
>>
Shit he was talking about p5 oh fuck
>>
>>15298091
>crowned the savior of Japanese games

Are you having delusions right now? That never happened
>>
>>15298108
Persona has consistently been a butchered, watered down collection of mainline Megaten mechanics and 5 isn't even remotely different from the previous two games. What are you trying to argue here?
>>
>>15298118
And that wasn't what I said either, whoop de doo!
>>
Did you seriously expect to catch anybody by omitting two very important words from the quote?
>>
>>15298155
How do you manage to survive with that autism?
>>
>>15298168
I was wondering that about you the whole time, too.

>>15298169
Really?
>I have only 1 pre-order which is Persona 5
>It's just sad that there's nothing else even remotely interesting
>it's just Jap industry has been so dead it has nothing else
>>
I must be retarded because I have no idea what this new DT game is that everyone is getting so assblasted about.
>>
Why all of the Ys VIII hate? Have any of you even played an Ys game?
>>
>>15298227
the assblast was just a kneejerk reaction from having their feelings hurt
it doesn't even play like Wizardry
>>
>>15298250
You sound really salty dude
>>
>>15298260
Care to explain why you think it looks bad?
>>
>>15298264
So are you, that's why you are unable to drop this.

I'm not wrong in saying it's a kneejerk reaction though, because the supposedly better game, Elminage DS, is from all the way back in fucking 2010, didn't have jack to do with "the current state of the Jap industry" and I didn't mention it by virtue of it being unrelated to anything. You were merely attacking my mention of DT because you were bothered by my calling you out earlier. And calling it a Wizardry clone is fucking retarded unless you think being in first person view makes something a Wizardry clone, because that's where the two games draw the line.
>>
>>15298303
I'm not even the guy you were arguing with for fucks sake. Are you new ob 4chan?

It's more then obvious they were fucking around and playing you like a violin to see you get mad.
>>
>>15298322
How did you manage to miss the shit that ruined Ys the most: the Flash mechanics? The party system can at least be minimized by setting everything to dodge.

>>15298331
You are really fucking salty m8. I didn't twist anybody's words since the quotes were copied verbatim; it was a exaggerated description of the fact that somebody did put P5 above everything else, and that fact remained true regardless of the exaggeration.
>>
>>15298367
>DRPGs will not be interesting to someone who's not into them, specially trash like EO and DT.
Simmer down bro, EO is actually pretty ok. I'm not going to bother trying to defend DT since it's literally just fap material.

>>15298322
I agree wholeheartedly about the party system, but Dana's route in VIII is just her. I think the series has transitioned from 2d to 3d relatively well regardless.
>>
>>15298354
>Arguing with an hypocritical pleb like you on full damage control for having 0 sense of good DRPGs is not really worth it.
Is that why you constantly go back to this thread and prove again and again that your worthless ass cannot come up with an argument worth a shit? You have fully retreated to hiding behind a wall and calling me names because you don't have anything else to back yourself up with. Pretty hilarious and sad, really.

>>15298367
>If you play actual good DRPGs you wouldn't even come close to mentioning those games.
The reason I mentioned those games was due to this
>>15297809
>What you got on pre-order?

And guess what I fucking gave you? What I got on preorder!
It's amazing how unfathomably autistic and butthurt you are to completely disregard your own post JUST to take a petty potshot at what might or might not even be my DRPG preferences, simply because I hurt your feelings earlier.
>>
>>15298376
EO is shittier than DT, though. In what universe can a slow, transition-infested UI like that even function in a DRPG? All the dungeons are love taps that are merely there to showcase the gimmicks, the cartography flat out doesn't mean anything unless the area has a FOE in it, and battles are embarrassingly easier than something like Strange Journey.
>>
I feel like I should get around to playing IM@S, but I don't know where to start. The first game seems like the obvious option, but it's a hassle to use my Xbox so I'd rather skip it.

I've heard 2 locks away some idols with the Ryuuguu Komachi shit, but OFA is more open. If I start with OFA, would it spoil the previous games if I wound up going back to them later?
>>
>>15297981
>Oh man, I'm not into wizardry clones, but if you're going to play them at least play good ones like Elminage.
I agree that Elminage is way better than EO but EO is a fucking great dungeon crawler series, you just have a really awful case of shit taste.

>>15297992
Yes, you do. There's not a lot Elminage games to play.

>>15298096
3DS is the best one.

>>15298380
>EO has a lot of flaws in the gameplay though.
Like?
>>
>>15298260
>Old falcom was destroyed by a Con Man

Kondou-shachou? But he seems like a nice guy :-(
>>
>>15299018
Don't bother replying to someone who thinks it's a Wizardry clone.

As for the gameplay flaws, there are things that make the dungeon crawling a slog such as the overall speed of the game and the inventory system. The dungeons feel like a gimmick/puzzle showcase rather than something that's out to kill the player. Lastly, it uses the old "everybody acts once" combat which honestly has a lot of holes and feels like a dead end at this point.
>>
>>15224045
Why is your Playstation upside down?
>>
>>15299018
>I agree that the game that you like is better than this series that you dont like
>which means you have shit taste
?
>>
>>15224028
Too bad you jinxed it. Some vita and 3ds fag had to come here and shit up the thread with /v/ level discussions about games that have already been translated.
>>
>>15301695
Disk Read Error
>>
File: wish list.png (1 MB, 874x990) Image search: [Google]
wish list.png
1 MB, 874x990
>>15224045
Better taste than most people that posted in this thread.

>>15303202
Does flipping you system help with that?

Pic related, what should I play next?
>>
>>15303569
>>15303593
Can we stop already?
>>
What the hell is going on? I justed wanted to talk about a few untranslated games.
>>
File: km2.png (393 KB, 878x555) Image search: [Google]
km2.png
393 KB, 878x555
>>15303734
Let's try to get it back on track. How are the older Atelier games? I've played A6 - A17 and it'd be nice to check off all the mainline games by playing the Salburg and Granmad entries.
>>
>>15303751
I just finished "trying" to play Marie plus. Man that game does not give you a bone, I love the free flowing nature of it but there is literally no way to know what the hell you are supposed to do at the start. I am honestly way too spoiled by modern games holding my hand all the way till the end. Also the controls are very delayed, which you think would not matter in a turned based rpg but it really got annoying. Stopped playing after 4-5 hours of feeling like I've done nothing.

Iris is still good I played it recently, but I can't find a japanese ISO, the japanese version is fully voiced while the english version even when you set it to Japanese audio is not fully voiced, soo weird. It's like if a certain part is not voiced in english they did not put in the voices in japanese either, not sure if it was memory space issue or if they just wanted parity.
>>
>>15303773
just use a guide, dude
>>
>>15303773
Yeah, the early ateliers are quite annoying because to get manu of the events you really need a guide

You could play skip to Ellie, which will be the same, but playing both is really worth it for Lily+

I wish I could replay Lily but my ps2 doesnt work and I dont want to import a new one yet
>>
>>15303919
But not as good as 4 (^:
>>
>>15303891
>>15303900

My philosophy has always been to do at least your first play through blind, and I am needlessly stubborn about it. If I have to use a guide It takes some of the joy out of it for me.
>>
>>15303919
I was wondering why that response was deleted. Have you played any of the other games on the list by chance?

>>15303924
Let's not start. Besides Reco Love is going to blow all other previous dating sims out of the water.
>>
>>15303947
Thanks, didn't even realized my post got deleted. The game audio has a very slight but noticeable degradation to it on my vita. I went on youtube and checked the audio for the PC version and it sounds really good.
>>
>>15303958
If you are going to say it like that, you need to tell me why.
>>
Okay yeah no
>>
>>15303924
4 with no tokugi is the most realistic dating sim I've ever played

>meet no one
>miss every memorable event
>be mediocre at everything
>>
>>15152246
Plus the price of a floppy disc drive
>>
>>15298924
OFA is nice in that it's very flexible, but there's no real management elements to speak of as there's no time limit, and becomes very samey overtime.
2 has its own host of issues, but I thought the management elements overall along with the CD sales system were pretty good.
I'd encourage playing both if you have the time, but just OFA is probably fine though as PS is shaping up to be OFA 2.0.
>>
Where do you guys get japanese ISO's? I'm, not normally a pirate, but some ps1/ps2 games are impossible to get in japanese.
>>
>>15305756
Like, you can get those isos in almost every page ir torrent if you knoe the name in romaji.
>>
>>15305837
I can't find Atelier Iris anywhere in japanese or Mana Kheima PS2 versions in japanese.

I can only ever find the english version, even some japanese site only host the english version, and the torrents are long dead.
>>
File: torrenting.png (2 KB, 696x16) Image search: [Google]
torrenting.png
2 KB, 696x16
>>15305890
This torrent for the PS2 of mana khemia works.
http://www.gamestorrents.com/eng/ps2-game-mana-khemia-gakuen-no-renkinjutsu-shitachi-jpn-japanese-descargar-torrent-2980.html
I can't help you with Atelier iris since there are apparently like three sequels and most roms sites count the USA and JPN version as one.
>>
>>15305961
Thanks, at least I got one of them, Might just have to buy Iris and upload the iso myself.
>>
>>15299378
He's the george lucas of japanese games
business man first, game creator second
>>
>>15306404
That's Inafune.
>>
>>15305756
http://128bit.me/index.php?PHPSESSID=vm8s1fkmlnbilt2tjof9p2gpb2&topic=30129.0
there are too many good PS2 games it's a crime to not share.
>>
>>15308268
wow the links work again, they were dead for a while
That's great news, thank
>>
>>15307607
They're both con mans
Kondo is worst though since he's ruining a long running, connected series
>>
>>15308268
Finally got Iris series in japanese, thanks man. A hero in thread full of shit.
>>
Is there a translation for growlanser 1's new route (psp version)?
>>
File: Yakuza_PSP.jpg (123 KB, 256x442) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza_PSP.jpg
123 KB, 256x442
Head up to anyone who likes Yazkua or just action games in general, Kurohyou on the PSP which is a Yakuza spin-off is one of the best games I played on the system.

Fairly good looking, has an great story and nice looking "manga" style cut-scenes. Gameplay is fun as fuck and it's weird that I've never seen anyone talk about it before.
>>
>>15314793
How long is it? I've never played a yakuza game before
>>
>>15315035
I'm 10 hours in and I think I'm halfway through the story. Probably 20-ish and there's a good amount of side content.

Will report once I beat it. You don't really need to play any Yakuza game but there are some nice things you recognize in the game if you played Yakuza 1&2.
>>
>>15315123
Are there any girls in the game?

I kind of lose interest if there isn't at least one
>>
File: 1437759377449.gif (349 KB, 215x194) Image search: [Google]
1437759377449.gif
349 KB, 215x194
>>15314793
MY NIGGA

Kurohyou is beast.
>>
>>15183099
the only star ocean game i played was 3 and it was a blast

Too bad im a poorfag that i only stuck at ps2 games

Im currently playing Tales of Symphonia (PS2 Port) and i might say it's hard at the early stages in the game but at the end it feels like a cakewalk...
>>
How are the legend games on phones?
>>
>>15323978
literally why would you play it on your phone
>>
File: lewd sena.webm (974 KB, 872x720) Image search: [Google]
lewd sena.webm
974 KB, 872x720
>>15328612
I mean the ones that were released exclusively on phones. I'm guessing they're not worth anyone's time.
>>
>>15183099
How are the private action events and stuff compared to 2 and 3? Are there lots of them or did they give up on that system? Are there multiple possible "endings" with different characters?
>>
File: 2011-07-17-422455.png (102 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
2011-07-17-422455.png
102 KB, 850x850
>>15150922
I played the through the first game of this series and I thought it was great in the beginning but it increasingly got bad as the game threw the plot at me.

I got an ending with Riple ( I think that was her name), but I thought the overall game was really forgettable

Should I keep playing the rest, do they improve or if I didn't like 1 that much I won't like the others?

I saw later on that I missed some characters and I guess there are some other endings to see, but if the plot doesn't change that much Idk if I'll bother checking.
>>
>>15341569
If you didn't like the first game then checking out the others is probably a waste of time. They're just more of the same.
>>
>>15341569
Try out the Black Matrix series if you like the game play.
>>
>>15341569
I've played 1 2 and 3. 3 is a much better game than 1 and 2 (at least the PSP version is) but if the cheesy story bothered you maybe you should avoid.
>>
>>15341569
1 and 2 are pretty bad, but 3 is a must play imo, the gameplay is a lot better, things are much more balanced and the characters are more lovable. The story is better but it's nothing to write home about. 3 is the best game in the series for me, 5 is worth a play, and 6 was not worth the money, the fact that it is partially voiced killed it for me. You should get 6 off a bargain bin.
>>
>>15346025
Partially voiced games in 2016 shouldn't be allowed to exist.
>>
>>15347068
I agree, but a lot of people buy them all the same. Luminous Arc Infinity was also killed by a partial voice.
>>
>>15346025
>off a bargain bin
Man I swear it was going to be good, the makers usually make some pretty nice games

I even bought the limited edition, no regrets though since I wanted to support the series

Hopefully they take the feedback from fans and improve on the next installment
>>
Anyone else excited for Akiba's Beat? Looks like what FE# should have been
>>
Hey guys, I just started Sen II and am loving it!
>>
>>15371769
if falc had a bit more time to focus on the scenario sen arc might have been really good

a shame they just couldnt pull it off
>>
>>15364271
#FE should have been a mediocre action game?
>>15372195
Isn't there going to be a third Sen game?
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 980x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 980x626
What do you guys think of ラバリンスの彼方
>>
>>15373485
Pretty messy. There isn't really any party management. The battle system is unusual and unique, thanks to that it's basic and unbalanced. On higher difficulties it's easy to get stuck in a near infinite damage-heal loop without any way to win OR lose. It seems tri-Ace themselves also gave up trying to balance it so you end up with a bunch of difficulty settings in compensation. The 8-way navigation is awkward although I get the "reason", but they should've just made it free movement. The aesthetics are fine, the work that went into animating the girl is impressive, but the mechanics don't really work that well. I see a lot of potential but it desperately needs a sequel to iron a bunch of things out.
>>
>>15374303
Part of me believes they did it on purpose for an old school feel.
Even if it's just glorified rock paper siccors I think they did a great job with the battle system it just takes lots of focus to know who's going next and management of items.
I'm really just playing because of the enemy designs they keep getting better and better.
>>
File: 49000046_p2.jpg (554 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
49000046_p2.jpg
554 KB, 1000x1333
>>15372518
Should be next year since Xanadu is their September release

They've had three years so I'm hoping it's more polished than usual
>>
File: 54893066_p1.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
54893066_p1.jpg
550 KB, 1920x1080
Forgive me for not talking about an untranslated game (I've already posted a few times in this thread) but I think it's related and you guys seem to be my best bet.
I really got into the Zero series this year, have played 1-4 (真紅の蝶 and 月蝕の仮面 [why did they go hiragana with those?] 3 times and I'm on the second run of 刺青ノ聲) and really want to play 濡鴉ノ巫女 but I have no WiiU. So I had planned to buy it at the end of this year because I'll be in Japan but some anon told me (somewhat) recently that I should wait for the NX because it's supposedly WiiU compatible. However, it looks like it gets released March next year when I'll be back home again.

So I wanted to ask you, if I should buy a WiiU or wait and import the NX.
Have any of you experience with importing home consoles (I've already imported a 3DS but I hesitate to go bigger, I think a lot could happen during the transport), if yes, where did you order it from, were you content with the price and condition?
>>
>>15375862
>真
>>
>>15375862
Buy a WiiU you can hack from whatever country you're currently in, and play it for free.
>>
File: 1388788662451.jpg (57 KB, 715x1024) Image search: [Google]
1388788662451.jpg
57 KB, 715x1024
>>15372518
>Isn't there going to be a third Sen game?
Yes
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
Seisou no amazones.
Takes place in a world where there are zero men.
Sexy girls go through dungeons and have good battle animations.
You can feel the shoestring budget but the writing, visuals and girls more than make up for it.
>>
>>15380369
Yeah, this game is actually pretty decent. I agree about the writing and visuals, both were pretty shockingly good. The character dialogue was really entertaining and the graphics are quite smooth for the 3DS. I liked the combat system the most though, coming up with all sorts of crazy chains was fun.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.