[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should white Americans pay reparations to black Americans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 10
File: 1464583250471.png (1 MB, 1023x675) Image search: [Google]
1464583250471.png
1 MB, 1023x675
Discussion:
Should white Americans (or the American government) pay reparations to black Americans for the slavery and segregation that happened in the past?
>>
The question is not if, bu when this will happen.
>>
>>60104799
Fuck off with that race baiting shit, scandinigger.
>>
>>60104838
No, i repeat the question is: SHOULD it happen and why
it's a discussion
>>
No. Nobody alive today was a slave.

Should I be sent to jail because my father murdered someone?
>>
>>60104879
1. yes
2. because it's funny
>>
>>60104876
shut up jewnigger im not baiting im just starting a discussion
>>
>>60104961
You know pretty well where this discussion will lead to and what kind of people it will attract so fuck off.
>>
>>60104799
The issue is who gets the money. Only the descendants of slaves but ALL black people? About 10% of black Americans are descended directly from recent Caribbean or African immigrants. In addition, black people are not the only group victimized by the US.

Reparations are an understandable idea that would do a lot of good, but equity can be achieved through less crude and less difficult memes. Just focus on black unemployment and education.
>>
>>60104954

So by that logic you think it would be fair that you should pay reparations to Isreal and jews just because of your nationality
>>
>>60104799
Yes so I can force more cuck memes
>>
File: 1451968245261-1.png (32 KB, 112x144) Image search: [Google]
1451968245261-1.png
32 KB, 112x144
>>60104799
How Black do you need to be to get reparations?
>>
>>60105004
Where will it lead? and who will it attract? I dont understand you i'm just curios about people's opinion on this topic so stfu
>>
>>60104799
no
give moneys to Ireland instead, we will keep it safe from this "reparations" jewish trickery
>>
>>60105004
Gas yourself
>>
>>60105100
>implying they aren't

>>60105173
I am Greek -black
>>
>>60105179
It'll lead to a massive shitstorm filled with /pol/acks that'll post huge unsourced infograms about blacks. The german gave you the right answer which any developed human being can come up with if he'll think about it a couple of minutes.

>>60105245
Shoot yourself while clapping, wearing shoes in your house and drinking from red cups, burgerman.
>>
No, in the same way Germans don't need to give me or my family reparations for the Holocaust.
>>
Yes. It would bring closure and could possibly repair mistrust between black and white Americans.

And it's not purely about slavery. It's about the government's blatant mistreatment of blacks for the majority of American history including Jim Crow and segregation.

It's what's owed in my opinion, for the centuries of free labor provided on behalf of blacks. They're survivors of a genocide.
>>
>>60105318
Stop trying to censor people you filthy scum
If you think that's the right answer come with your arguments, this is a discussion
>>
yes it's called welfare lad
>>
>>60105455
slavery ended way back in the 18th century hence why no living blacks ever experienced it, the only reason why germans pay Israel reparations is because there are holocaust survivors that are still living to this day that did experienced it and managed to survive, and the israeli government is in charge of giving them this money. another reason why the german government pays reparations is because the german government at the time was responsable for the things that happend because they were in direct control over them and they signed the laws, on the contrary the U.S government did not - it was just a free market where people sold black as property and the government didn't had any direct involvement in that market up untill the civil war.
>>
>>60105686
Slavery ended in the 19th century and was quickly followed by stringent racial laws that confined most blacks to indentured servitude.

Also, theres plenty of black Americans alive from the segregation era when the government actively marginalized them from society.

>the government had no role
It purposely created laws to exclude blacks from basic human rights and declared them 3/5 human.
>>
>>60104799
>wanting money for somebody else's work

Sounds like a nigger to me.
>>
>>60104799
Their reputations are all the Union soldiers that died for those ungrateful niggers
>>
>>60104799
Unless they're direct decendents of southern land owners who profited off black slaves there is absolutely no reason why whites should owe blacks anything other than basic respect.
>>
>>60107413
Respect is earned.
>>
>>60107477
Admiration is earned. I give a basic amount of politeness or respect to everyone I interact with unless they do something to make me not respect them. I'm not going to just walk up to a black guy, assume he's some ghetto thug and call him a nigger.
>>
>>60105452
Since you're talking about the redistribution of "government" funds,
Why not model the change you seek and donate your income tax returns to the NAACP?
This presumes, of course, that you are gainfully employed, and pay into the system.
>>
Of course
>>
>>60104799

Most of those posting under the US flag on /int/, are self-hating whites, and progressive millennials of the following type who support reparations to African Americans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diJNybk0Mw
>>
>Be descendant of Irish slaves
>oppressed all through history until 50 years ago
>Oy Vey goyim better pay up!
>>
>>60104799
What the fuck do people from now have to do with people from the past.
>>
>>60104799
Are you live in medieval era?>>60104838
>>
File: 1385538126892.gif (923 KB, 424x240) Image search: [Google]
1385538126892.gif
923 KB, 424x240
Black Americans should pay a "thank you" tax to white Americans, for allowing them to exist.

White Americans were vastly superior at surviving and life in general, and to the victor go the spoils. You are entitled to nothing in life. Everything must be earned, everything must be worked for.

White Americans worked. They worked science, they worked guns, they worked chains, they built ships, and reality rewarded them because to the victor go the spoils.

Survival is the only objectively moral good, and strength is a huge part of it, and white Americans had more of it than black Americans, and black Americans should be thankful for the mercy and the fact they exist.
>>
how would "reperations" even work?

People already pay loads of tax which gets funneled into that black hole

Would it be a lump sum?
A continuous endless new tax were every negro gets bonus welfare?
20 acres and a donkey?
>>
>>60104799
We have this kind of discussion here as well. It's stupid. White people from today has nothing to do with actions from white people from the past.

Such concept of 'historical debt' (as they call it here) is quite stupid.
>>
File: baby-the-finger.jpg (10 KB, 300x319) Image search: [Google]
baby-the-finger.jpg
10 KB, 300x319
Of course not.
My great-grandparents were dirt-poor German and Irish settlers (muh heritage) who never owned slaves. Why should I pay someone "back" something I never got in the first place?
>>
Only the richest 2% of the population had slaves
>>
>>60107930
>reparation
Nope, I don't really see any reasons for it
>>
Yes because the one thing I need is more white guilt in my life.
>>
As an actual african i think this whole thing is retarted. Why do those amerifucks think they deserve anything. Should i hound portugal for reparations for what they did in Angola, no i would rather kill that fucker who's sitting as president cause he's doing more harm to the country now.

They should live in the now and try to improve themselves. But who am i kidding the average is murican is already a retard who is oblivious to the outsideworld
>>
>>60107741
Wealth is generational.

There is a nugget of truth in saying that being in some old WASP family brings you tons of advantages by the sheer fact that your ancestors had time to amass wealth for many generations.

Niggers descendant from slaves didn't have that luxury. For a big part of American history even after being freed, being a nigger was actually detrimental to your success and would block you from many potential paths to life.

That said, niggers today have no one but themselves to blame for their poor economic situation. Asians also came to America dirt poor, and the 1st generation worked shitty manual labour jobs but their culture puts a heavy pressure to be successful on their kids. That's why they managed to get into high paying American jobs like medicine and engineering to the point that they outearn whites on average.
>>
>>60107741
Don't really care about nigs, but under your logic if I beat you up and take your money, I should be entitled to keep it because I'm stronger and spent time learning how to fight?
>>
>>60108201
This is essentially how Serbia has functioned as a society for centuries.
>>
>>60104799
Yes, anglos in general should suffer for everything they did to the world, not only black people.
>>
>>60108201
Essentially, yes. I would call the police than and they would beat you up, and the cycle of beating people up goes on...

All authority in the world comes from violence, dont want to sound edgy but if you brake laws of some state, that state sends its police/army to do violence on you, and that's how authority happens.
Authority really is, just violence. And whether this authority/violence is "moral" or whatever, it essentially does not even matter, for if you have more of it, you are 'right' because you can just force your authority over the opposition.

We may all be polite and pretend and bullshit around, but when it actually starts to matter, all legality/morality/whatever, it all comes from violence. USA 'spreads democracy' with predator drone missiles in case you forgot.
>>
>>60108201
Just look at his flag, beating and robbing is the norm in their society
>>
if everyone was given a single silver spoon, and you jumped forward 10 years, 20-30 jews and about 6-10 irish, along with 1-2 anglos would have all the spoons and negroes would be rioting saying how 'all dey spoons was stole by whitey' and you'd have a bunch of fjordniggers asking fucktarded questions about it on 4chan while swimming in pools of north sea crude
>>
>>60104799
Is the reparation a Bullet in the head ?
>>
I'll kill myself before I pay for actions I never committed against people who aren't alive anymore.
>>
just a reminder
>>>/pol/75546708
>>
They quite literally already do. Many live on the taxpayers dime.
>>
>>60107892
for real? where?
>>
File: 1464389195538.jpg (104 KB, 650x486) Image search: [Google]
1464389195538.jpg
104 KB, 650x486
How black is black enough?

If I were to look back in my history and find out my greatx7grandmother was a coalburner does that mean I get those gibsmedats?
>>
>>60108638
Leftists, mostly. Sadly, I have some in my FB.
Sometimes it appears in news as well.
>>
First of all:

Why should anybody pay reperations for his ancestors sins?

Second it was legal at the time but less than 2% of white Americans had slaves back than.

Third what is going to happen when a white/black person has ancestors who had slaves and were slaves?

Fourth: And all whites? there are more han 40 million white americans who have german heritage meaning their ancestors arrived after slavery was ended.
8 million Americans have polish ancestors, poland never had colonies and never participated in slave trade.
>>
Close this thread l, this whole reparations shit is cancer and fucking stupid. Fuck you america
>>
>/int/

Why the fuck is the rest of the world allowed to have an opinion on American slavery and its results?
>>
>>60108540
Rule of law comes out of violence you swarthy moor, how do you think police enforces law, with happy thoughts and rainbows?

Fucking moors, I swear..
>>
Only 2% of the US population owned slaves. And in return their ancestors were allowed to exist in a first world country and receive the benefits of western civilization and culture that had been built up over centuries, and eventually be able to exert their influence on that culture. As opposed to living half-naked in Africa.

Whites (British Empire) heavily incentivized the ending of slavery worldwide after millennia of the practice.
>>
File: smug.jpg (10 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
10 KB, 253x199
>>60108944
>mfw a turkish rapebaby gives me a (You)
>>
>>60108981
*Descendants
>>
File: 1444248183748.png (30 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1444248183748.png
30 KB, 633x758
>>60104799
>Should white Americans (or the American government) pay reparations to black Americans for the slavery and segregation that happened in the past?

No.

People who are completely unrelated to something should not be forced to pay for some thing.

Besides, a very small portion of White Americans owned slaves(only the top few percent), it wasn't really that common.

Furthermore, Africans had a huge role in the slave trade to the United States and it existed before it came to the US and after it was abolished.

Just like we don't ask all Muslims in the US to pay a tax for reparations of the World Trade Center being destroyed on September 11th
>>
>>60105686
Don't post about shit you don't understand, Vladimir Rabinovich
>>
their women are already paying reparation :^)
>>
>>60104799
i always stand for niggas but no. its about as ridiculous as it gets.
>>
File: scruffy second.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
scruffy second.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>60108586
>>
>>60104799
>Discussion:
>Should white Americans (or the American government) pay reparations to black Americans for the slavery and segregation that happened in the past?

No, and not for moral but for practical reasons. For one, it would be ineffective in closing the wealth gap. It has been shown time and time again that people who have low wealth oftentimes are less wealthy because they live beyond their means and do not save or invest wisely. To generate wealth, you have to keep it, but handing a population that is predominantly poor a big handout like this will not make a dent in their poverty level and I don't care what race you are, that's just a fact.

Two, there are about 40 million black people in the US and to given them all 100,000usd would cost 4 trillion usd, or ~8x our military budget. That's for 100k, a sum small enough that it would be spent in 6 months by many.

So you'd be massively inflating our deficit at huge burden to the tax payer for little to no positive outcome. Money wont address the wrongs of the past, and it isn't the governments job to be wrapped up in moral issues.

Instead, there should be more programs to help people in poverty build wealth on their own. Better access to community colleges, more freedom in school choice, and less incarceration of young adults. Just implementing these three things will do much more than any reparations will.
>>
>>60107741
Based slav gets it
>>
>>60104799
Footlocker on Black Friday?
>>
>>60109754
So you think it should be easier for someone to get into college if they have a dark skin color?
>>
>>60109754
>little to no positive outcome
Well, it WOULD cause a slight boom in the grape drink, sports jersey, celebrity-endorsed sneaker and bail bond industries.
>>
>>60109868
They already do this shit and of course it just devalues education.
They have also gradual lowered the standards in all public schools so the minority kids don't all fail.
We are at the point where kids who can barely read are graduating high school.
>>
the day my money goes to a nigger for reparations is the day my AR 15 bullets also go to a nigger for reparations
>>
>>60109868
I never said anything about affirmative action at all. Nor did i bring up University education.

Policies targeted at a specific racial group are ineffective and racist themselves. Look at how many people let in due to affirmative action end up dropping out before graduation, or who do worse than their peers. It's not about race, but moreso that they were let into a better school than otherwise would have been possible and are academically low on the totem pole, whereas if they went to a worse but more appropriate school for their achievement level they would have a better educational outcome. There are stats to support this.

No, I think vocational programs and community college should either be free or reduced in price depending on your income level, not your race.

As far as University goes, I think fewer people overall should be attending. Wild government loans need to stop and schools need to once again be forced to compete for students by keeping competitive prices. Less people should go to college and more should recieve practical or vocational educations in nursing, IT work, or maintenance work.

Affirmative action should not occur with federally funded grants, but I think it's fine for a private grant to do so. Similarly, public schools should not consider race when selecting applicants, but if private schools want to that should be allowed.
>>
>>60109868
>So you think it should be easier for someone to get into college if they have a dark skin color?

The color of your skin should have no influence on your college admission.

Why is Race even added? Just only include the person's credentials and GPA, you don't even need to show their name or anything.

Anything else is simply racist, either in favor of blacks or against them(or any other group).
>>
You don't apologize for the past, you learn from it.
>>
>>60110099
Ohh what a shame
I mean in a way blacks already had reparations. Because if their ancestors weren't enslaved they would have lived much worse lives in Africa
>>
But they already do
Its called welfare
>>
>>60110578
''Better access to community colleges,'' umm yes you did
and now you say you think fewer should attend college . I don't think that would happen if people got better acces to college
>>
Lmao the party that gives blacks reparation money will never win another election
>>
>>60104799
Yeah and the reparations should be a one way ticket back to Africa. Act like an animal et treated like one.
>>
>>60104799
Only the dixies
The north actually fought for the liberation of slaves, so i dont see how anybody could blame them for slavery.
>>
>>60110850
Better access for people who otherwise can't afford it but not because they are black.

Community College and university education in the US are separate entities. It's not a contradiction to want more people in community college and less in the debt generating machine of Upper academia.
>>
>>60111123
Being black should not give you a free ticket to college
Here in Denmark when we attend university we don't say anything about our race and the university couldn't care less whether we are black, yellow, white or blue. and the government pays for the education
>>
What about the white people who are transniggers? They made the very brave step to become black and should also receive some reparations.
>>
>>60104799
Only the former confederate states should pay reparations.

PS: pay reparations for viking damage asshole
>>
>>60111282
why
>>
>>60111282
lol
>>
>>60111282
Agreed
Dane pigs should pay reperations to Iceland for centuries of oppression, slavery and for literally forcing my people into poverty
Pigfucks should pay reperations for their bullshit before turning around and demanding other people to do it.
>>
>>60111462
No danes are forcing anyone to pay reparations?
Calm down your autism snownigger
btw there haven't been slavery on Iceland? what would the purpose be lol
>>
>>60111324
>>60111381
>>60111462

Danish pigs were so cruel they even killed our old people and fucking toddlers.

You looted our monasteries, raped religious women and acted like total scum. Even current historical books and webpages refer to you as the scum from the north in several colorful terms.

Pay reparations you Danish piece of crap!
>>
>>60111462
Actually we're already paying reparations. we pay for your danish lessons muahaha
>>
File: 1464092095644.jpg (199 KB, 733x487) Image search: [Google]
1464092095644.jpg
199 KB, 733x487
no
>>
>>60111609
hahahahaha
>>
>>60111663
I'm serious. Do you think there is a limit on how far reparations go?

Epigenetics studies prove that today's Belgians have been severely damaged psychologically because of inherited memories from your filthy savage ancestors.
>>
>>60111609
http://www.historytoday.com/tim-stanley/belgiums-heart-darkness
If your opinion is that random people should pay reparations to someone because of something someone else did, you can send your money to these people lol
>>
>>60111617
>we pay for your danish lessons muahaha
Proofs?

>>60111575
>No danes are forcing anyone to pay reparations?
OP is Dane fuck demanding americucks whites pay jigaboos reperation money for slavery.
>btw there haven't been slavery on Iceland? what would the purpose be lol
Yes there was
>what would the purpose be lol
To syphon every fucking penny from my land you greedy fucks
You faggots embargoed my country for centuries, forcefully took all our ships so we were liteally unable to leave the country and made it so that literally the only people that could buy and sell shit were Danish pig merchants.
>>
>>60111769
dude idc.
No dane alive today did anything of what you're talking about
the vikings lived like 1000 years ago, what they did was just the norm back then lol
>>
>>60111796
OP is not demanding anything, OP didn't state his opinion on the topic, but just started a discussion
There wasn't slavery, there was a monopoly
Oh really? no one is affected by that today though
>>
>>60111941
>There wasn't slavery
Serfdom is slavery, nigger
Being unable to own property is fucking slavery
Being unable to escape is slavery
Being literally the poorest country in Europe pre-ww2 because of your greedy faggotry is fucking slavery.

>>60111941
Yeah, no thanks to you faggots
Its all thanks to America and their Marshall plan
If not for it
If not for it, my country would still be living like sub-saharan african people.
>>
>>60111783
Congo was not property of Belgium in those days, but private property of Leopold II von Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, so that is a case for the current inhabitants of Saxony, Coburg and Gotha.

You on the other hand, still owe us a lot of money.

I will send a copy of this thread to the UN and the EU, we'll see who get the last laugh, pigboy.

Also I will request a fucking ban on Vicky the Viking, that show is fucking rude towards all the victims of these savages.
>>
We already do, its called welfare.
>>
>>60111844
Epigenetics m8, read up on it. And it was only the norm in YOUR part of Europe, back then.

So cough it up, the bandage dough.
>>
>>60112058
God bless America
>>60112310
We don't owe you shit
Good luck with that faggotboy
>>60112364
THIS
>>60112382
It was the norm back then that countries conquered each other there's nothing you can do about it
stop blaming vikings for your failures lol
btw epigenetics is pseudo science euro nigger
>>
>>60112310
''Also I will also request a fucking ban on Vicky the Viking, that show is fucking rude towards all the victims of these savages.'' dafuq is Viky the Viking? well good luck trying to ban a show just because it offends you lol
>>
File: goodjobafrica.png (1015 KB, 2093x608) Image search: [Google]
goodjobafrica.png
1015 KB, 2093x608
>>60104799
no we should let give any who want it a free plane ticket to what ever African country they claim heritage from so they can live free from white oppression.
>>
>>60104799
no to the native americans not the niggers, the native americans were oppressed by thousands of niggers being imported.

the niggers sold their own niggers for beads and shells.

the blacks always want preferential treatment for everything and threaten violence if they don't get it.

the natives and latinos are reasonable and will discuss things. but the blacks just want to riot.

really no one should get any compensation just for being born, the usa today is an egalitarian society since the time of lincoln.
>>
>>60114063
>native americans are reasonable
kek you clearly have never been to a proper reservation, alcoholism and violent crime are rampant.
>>
The whole idea of reparations is fucking disgusting. Most blacks hate the idea of it too, it's just a very loud very shrill minority of (majorly white) millenials who feel they have no purpose on life and try to fill that hole with any and every cause they can find, hence this whole wave of social justice cancer. But specifically on reparations, it's as simple as the sins of the father are not the sins of the son, not to mention it would do absolutely nothing for race relations, as like I said before, they aren't actually mad about racism or segregation or slavery, theyre mad because it gives them some kind of crusade and purpose in life and they're all bored NEETS with waaaay too much media influence.
>>
>>60105055
>Reparations are an understandable idea that would do a lot of good,
>getting free money for nothing.
This is why western civilization will fall in our lifetime.
>>
>>60107741
Best slav
>>60108201
>using nigger logic
bruh
>>
>>60104799
I will kill myself before I give any of my hard earned money to some low life piece of shit just because he's black.
>>
even the oldest blacks today are still 3 generations sepperated from their closest slave relative
>>
>>60117522
you shouldn't kill yourself you should kill the person who demands money from u desu
>>
>Take care of 200 acres of land myself, painstakingly fight off robbers and squatters,cut the grass braving snakes dangerous disease ridden ticks,etc
>It will be given away to some bubba lips simply because they are black.
>>
>>60110099
>We are at the point where kids who can barely read are graduating high school.
fucking this.A lot of blacks especially athletes are carried through highschool without ever actually learning shit.There are many college football players that read on a 4th grade level and admit it.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.