[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did you learn about the existence of /ic/? where you on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 0TpdHSy.jpg (69 KB, 615x585) Image search: [Google]
0TpdHSy.jpg
69 KB, 615x585
how did you learn about the existence of /ic/?

where you on the right path to becoming a better artist before coming here?

how long have you been here for?

>me:

found /ic/ (and by extension 4chan) through a sycra hate thread

i was doing shitty cartoons and trying to skip realism and the fundamentals because i thought it wasn't necessary

i've been here for 8 months, and owe a lot of my current skill level to the guidance and motivation that /ic/ gave me.
>>
I knew there used to be a draw friends thread somewhere so I assumed it would be on /ic/
>>
>>2517135

>how did you learn about the existence of /ic/?

Some people on facebook were talking about an artist, without mentioning his name, who was being pervy towards a girl at an event or something, and when she wasn't receptive apparently his response was "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" So I think I was googling shit trying to see if they were talking about who I thought they were talking about, and I think that lead me here. So yeah, I was brought here by drama as well lol. I had heard about 4chan years ago but I thought it was just a place for pedos and other such degenerates.

Read a bunch of smack talk here about said artist, laughed a lot, then forgot about this place. Then I think it was mentioned by someone as a place to get feedback from totally random people, and I took a closer look around and starting checking back in somewhat often.

>were you on the right path to becoming a better artist before coming here?

I had pretty much given up on art without admitting it to myself.

>how long have you been here for?

Uhhhh first visited a year or two ago maybe? Started regularly visiting half a year ago maybe. I dunno.
>>
File: bigboss.jpg (145 KB, 1236x1244) Image search: [Google]
bigboss.jpg
145 KB, 1236x1244
>discovered 4chan through encyclopedia dramatica and other such sites like a 12 year old in the mid-to-late 2000's would
>Forget about it
>Decide to come back years later (2012/13 I think?), mostly browsed /v/ since I played more vidya back then
>Just a year or so ago discover "oh shit, there's an art board", been drawing since 2010 trying to emulate Yoji Shinkawa (pic related) but I still was only okay at best
>Been trying to git gud since

Glad I discovered places like this - and before that, ConceptArt - which actually encourage shitting on poorly made artwork unlike the DeviantArt circlejerk.
Although be honest I've never actually put my head down and studied fundamentals like everyone here seems to, I kinda just noticed the "shapes" of things in nature and applied them to my drawings. I can draw a decently accurate human without a reference and with little to no glaring anatomy flaws.
Which I guess is kind of the same thing but whatever.
>>
I learned about 4chan about a decade ago, and regularily browsed the adult gif secion. Stumbled upon this place a few months ago when I was already well on my way to learning to draw. I got some good tips from here but I'm mostly here to screw around.
>>
I actually started drawing when i stumbled upon ic. Immediately got into loomis & friends.

I'm gonna make it
>>
>>2517223
Literally the same, except I regularly browse /co/ and /tg/ and recently /his/. Also /pol/ for memes.
>>
>>2517135
I was a shitposter, that looser as kid that would visit /b/ and spout memes.I always and hopped between boards. I never really buckled down with art until perhaps a year and a half ago, and that was the incentive to go here.

Whats scary is that In normies eyes I could be called an oldfag, when I've only been posting for 5 or 6 years on this sight in general. My fondest memory of that time in my life was being on /b/ during the Jessie Slaughter fiasco, and watching people go crazy at it like piranha stripping meat from bone

art wise though, this place has helped me grow a ton. I had friends who were going into art and practiced it to make a career out of it, and I'm catching up with them. There is always both toxic shit and really good crit here. it's all about using your common sense to decide what is what
>>
>>2517196
My brother of african american dissent.
We'll make it one day. Practice more.
>>
I learned of 4chan first, then found /ic/. I have 4chan to thank for so much honestly. I've learned to draw from /ic/, read from /lit/, care about fashion from /fa/ and study from /sci/
>>
>>2517135

>find about /ic/ on Sycra's resources list
>become a lurker

>yes

>about 2 years?
>>
>>2518445
He really recommended /ic/? Does he say anythign about it?
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 640x1117) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 640x1117
>>2517135
I found 4chan while watching KLK, and somehow found /a/ had that ryuko bikini edits thread. I was drawing lots of ryuko's and eventually found my way to /ic/

>where you on the right path to becoming a better artist before coming here?
Nah I was trapped in a bubble copying anime wall papers.

Since KLK aired in 2013
>>
>>2517135
Until last year I kinda lurked this place sporadically since i found 4chan some 6 years ago.
Nope. Despite the fact that I always loved drawing, learning to reach a good technical level never crossed my mind. Blame the circumstances I guess.
~6 years on 4chan and little more than a year as a regular on /ic/. I took a figure drawing class at uni 2 semesters ago and everybody praised my shit even though i always thought it was crap. As soon as I realized (mostly from reading about drawfags and their progress here) that being good at drawing was something attainable with enough practice I was hooked. Then I decided to actually get fucking good at something for once in my life.
>>
>>2517135
I had been on 4chan for a while but I stuck to /b/ mainly. I looked at the boardlist to see if there was anything interesting and I found /ic/

No

dunno
>>
>>2517135
Started browsing 4Chan over 10 years ago, when I started drawing I just started using /ic/. Simple.
>>
File: Arnold.jpg (45 KB, 460x314) Image search: [Google]
Arnold.jpg
45 KB, 460x314
>>2517135

Been on 4chan since 2007, I came to this board after my brother gave me his old Bamboo drawing tablet for my birthday

I always wanted to git gud since my shitty doodles and paintings back in high school, I didn't get serious til last year

I've been on /ic/ for about a year and a half now, you /d/icks are alright
>>
>>2517135
I've been browsing 4chan for years, I just one day looked at the boards and checked it out

Yes, very much so.

1 year to 1,5 years.
>>
Been shit posting on 4chan for years. On /ic/ in particular maybe 3-4 years now.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 256x144
>I think I was looking on 420Chan's (dead) art board and found a link

>grrr I don't know anymore. I stopped after HS (well, middle school I stopped trying but I still definitely had talent in HS because I still made good works as apathetic as I was).
stopped and went to college without knowing what to major in (stupid stupid)
Fucked up more with drugs.
started drawing again while homeless.
Been slowly getting my shit together but drawing and painting has taken a back seat even though it's all I think about.
>3/4 of a year I guess. wish I could make myself actually practice instead of browse and feel depressed
>>
>>2517135
Significant other at the time browsed /b/, I went there a bit and didn't care for it. Decided to check out the other boards and found /ic/. Wasnt super serious about art at the time though so I just lurked once in a while. Got serious 3 years ago and came back here for the sticky and resources, now its just become a way to procrastinate and waste time but I keep coming back out of habit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.