[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art forums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1462249200952.png (17 KB, 467x453) Image search: [Google]
1462249200952.png
17 KB, 467x453
Okay, what the fuck

>conceptart.org is a shithole, challenges are terrible + average total of~4 submissions, all from newbies
>permanoobs - last active challenge is from november last year or something
>artstation - 6667 submissions for their shitty challenge, no forum

Where the fuck do you go to have a comfy motivating art challenges and meaningful discussions with other artists?
>>
>>2516634
The community is way too large to sustain a community like Sijun or old ConceptArt.org again at this point, sadly.

The pro/amateur ratio is completely off, in fact most pros don't even bother interacting with the community directly at this point because they'll be flooded with hundreds of comments from amateurs that they'll never have time to reply to.

Your best option is to fragment into a smaller cell, find some friends to start a private Skype group, Google Hangout, etc with - ideally you want one or two jobbing professionals to every four to six amateurs. This is also far more asshole-proof than large forums or groups.
>>
>>2516634
Last Artist Standing you fuckin' dummy

>100+ submissions daily
>new topic every day
>>
>>2516634
Most artists use social media for these daily / weekly challenges these days. Sketch dailies on twitter and the facebook spitpaint group are probably the most popular with tons of pros participating.

But yeah, it's a shame that there is no more forum with an active community dedicated to this sort of thing. I loved the Ca.org challenges and how motivating it was to see so many people participate, write crits, share their WIPs, then vote for what work they thought was best etc. That's all gone from the social media equivalent or even LAS.
>>
>>2516634
Right here, family man, we have /las/.
>>
>>2516639
>>2516658
>>2516666
>las
more like last artist shitposting
>>
>>2516634
Art forums died years ago when social media hit it big and pros stopped participating in communities.

Find yourself a skype or discord or hangout group with a small number of friends and use that.
>>
cghub :)
>>
>>2516634
4chan
>>
>>2516757
If only. It would be awesome to have ongoing weekly / monthly challenge threads on /ic/, but whenever someone makes one, it either gets ignored and dies or it gets like a handful of participants and then dies.
>>
>>2516634
There's a network of secret chats and hangouts passed around form artist to artist these days. I just get links and invites thrown at me.
>>
>oh, conceptart.org, /ic/ told me it's a site for professional or aspiring for pro artists
>oh, job section, let's check it out
>unpaid opportunities
>unpaid opportunities
>unpaid opportunities

Jesus Christ, artists are literal niggers working on cotton fields.
>>
>>2516806
Go back 5+ years and conceptart was very solid and the job postings there were legitimate. It's gone downhill a ton though in the past few years.
>>
>>2516639

Last autistic standing
>>
>>2516806

only artstations job section is of any value nowadays. ca.org is pretty much just like deviantarts job board.

if i remember correctly companies pay 300-500$ to post a job ad on artstation. so you know shit's legit.
>>
>>2516862

Well yeah, though you know, it's a job section where Blizzard, CCP or CD Projekt Red is.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.