[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Design Critique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: ic.jpg (242 KB, 2105x1184) Image search: [Google]
ic.jpg
242 KB, 2105x1184
I know my anatomy is weird but I would appreciate getting some design feedback
>>
>>2504712
Who is this character? What is his personality and role? What are you trying to show with your design? What society is he a part of?

It's hard to crit a design without context. Thinking more on who your character actually is will help too with your design choices.

Just looking at it out of context I will say it feels a bit generic at the moment. The shapes are all similar sizes and the silhouette have lots of little jutting things. How can you simplify things? How can you bring more variety in? How can it be a more recognizable or iconic design? How can you make things more functional?

I feel that these are not thought out enough. Ask yourself lots of questions then answer them with your design.
>>
>>2504716
Woah I was not expecting such a complete answer. Yeah I need to think more before drawing random shapes... Thank you!
>>
>>2504712
Are they all supposed to have the exact same silhouette?
>>
File: SB.jpg (716 KB, 447x2000) Image search: [Google]
SB.jpg
716 KB, 447x2000
>>2504712

As another anon just said, work on diversifying your silhouettes. If your silhouettes are diverse, your designs will vary to an even greater degree.
>>
>>2504712
They're all kind of boring
>>
File: DQ2nkTA.jpg (442 KB, 1994x1480) Image search: [Google]
DQ2nkTA.jpg
442 KB, 1994x1480
>>2504712
I really like the helmet on number 3 and they these all look pretty awesome in general.

The shoulders all seem pretty similar though.

Idk if you're trying to make different sets or not, but they look like the same armor set with different decor. Like, you'd pick one to ship as your design out of the three. Maybe try different pieces with exaggerated sizes and drawing the people in different poses. It may help you come up with something else.
>>
>>2507900
WTF?
>>
>>2504712
2 and 3 are good but change boots on 2 to something more like spartan sandals
>>
>>2508420
u memein me?
>>
>>2508420
hmmmm, hmmm. you dont like siegfried?
>>
File: puffy.jpg (136 KB, 1303x1975) Image search: [Google]
puffy.jpg
136 KB, 1303x1975
>>2508420

Nothing wrong with a little puff, pal.

Anyway, I would suggest studying real armour and weapons before diving into fantasy arms&armour design. Humans have been make aesthetic arms & armour for thousands of years, there is some good stuff there and its a significantly better starting point then most of the generic fantasy shit churned out nowadays.
>>
>>2504712
Looks really good
>>
>>2504712
All your characters have almost the same silhouette and the same pose. It makes the page look stiff. Overall your designs are ok but pretty unoriginal.
>>
Bloodborne, dark souls 2 and sengoku basara. You can't fool everyone OP.

>please rate shit i ripped off someone else (i hope you dont notice the obvious references)

Thats literally you.
>>
>>2504712
>design feedback
Looks like a generic asian fantasy character.
>>
File: knight-in-arms-1430.jpg (831 KB, 1828x2592) Image search: [Google]
knight-in-arms-1430.jpg
831 KB, 1828x2592
>>2510518

this

>>2510456

I'm not really getting this, are you talking about there headgear? everything else is to generic to tell whats its taken from. Although number 3's helmet is very obviously from those eastern bronze horseman guys in LotR.

If op is still around, do what >>2510218
said and study real stuff not crap fantasy.
>>
>>2511078

>Although number 3's helmet is very obviously from those eastern bronze horseman guys in LotR.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.