[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To buy or not to buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
Found a website called design doll and
im having a trouble deciding if I should buy it since people might not like it.

Well, my plan is to only use it as a reference kinda like a little icon at the side so im not gonna trace it like a cunt but is it still considered cheating, if it isn't is it worth the money?
>>
>>2506885
>people might not like it.
so you want to use its as a mannequin whats the problem?seems super useful but why buy it when you can just use a 3d model and pose it in something like blender for free?
>>
>>2506885
>is it still considered cheating
it isn't cheating as long as you don't get caught
>if it isn't is it worth the money

That's up for you to decide. It's always just faster to draw something first then find a photo to ref what you lack knowledge in. If you're a bitch slave to the software because you're a hobbyist trash looking for shortcuts then buy it. If you're going to end up using it for every pose you draw you really should consider learning how to draw.
>>
>>2506885
>>2506885
Shit now im confused any third opinion here?
>>
>>2506885
a. No-one will care - only you will suffer (if used incorrectly) if you rely on this.

b. Thank you for introducing me to a neat tool.
>>
>>2506885
crack when?

>tfw the russians have already cracked it somewhere
>>
>>2506885
well considering you only need to pay if you want to save and load the models in specific positions/poses/body shapes and you get all the other modelmorphing/lighting/etc for free, if you're only using it as a small reference and/or you can just leave it up without having to close the window for a while I'd say get the free version. I wouldn't pay $79 for just saving until I'd at least figured it out.

regarding using reference: no rules only tools
>>
>>2506895
If you're going to end up using it for every pose you draw you really should consider learning how to draw.
>>2506941
>only you will suffer (if used incorrectly) if you rely on this.

don't listen to these faggots using a model for reference will not hinder your progress as an artist in anyway. once you have seen and sketched anatomy enough reference model or not you will be able to do it from memory sooner or later.
>>
>>2506970

We're all entitled to our opinions. Your opinion, however, is the least favorable.
>>
>>2506950
Found one
https://www.nulled.to/topic/147998-design-doll-4009-cracked/
>>
>>2506941
np anon!

>>2506895
christ man I just want an digital mannequin since my brother fucked up the joints of my wooden mannequin and placed some clay all over it so clam yo tits but I guess its worth a try of the free version, its not like im gonna rely on it for the rest of my life I gotta learn about dem anatomy too.
>>
>>2506970
>don't listen to these faggots using a model for reference will not hinder your progress as an artist in anyway. once you have seen and sketched anatomy enough reference model or not you will be able to do it from memory sooner or later.

The point being if you study enough you won't need models for everything you draw and paint. Over reliance on these sorts of "tools" can easily become a crutch that limits you creatively. It's all well and good if you're someone who busts their ass for years learning to draw and paint anatomy until you can do it well from imagination then use these tools to push your work, but most people on IC are shit tier plebs that can hardly draw. Then they start producing images using these "tools" with anatomy better than they can come up with on their own, become over reliant on the ref and make it that much harder to justify busting ass to learn anatomy.

>>2506963
>no rules only tools
It's a moronic meme. There are objectively good and bad ways of learning and using "tools". Just because no one is going to stop you from becoming over reliant on 3d aids to draw doesn't mean it's a good choice for your long term work flow. Tools are great but they don't exist in a vacuum. It's important to assess where you're at in your skill set and decide if you're only using the tool because you're too lazy to study and memorize the human form.

Ultimately you're better off learning construction and drawing it from imagination until you can pose and draw the figure relatively well with out the use of aids. You'll be able to come up with a lot more creative ideas and be less reliant on the limitations of 3d programs. How are you going to draw monsters or anything that's not a human? Spend 300 hours 3d modeling it first?

IMO, just go study and stop being lazy, expect it to take years of hard work to get decent.
>>
>>2507083
no memes only dreams

More seriously, I agree that you can get too reliant on reference aids in the same way people tend to read books about art without actually practicing, then find their imaginative efforts far below their expected standards, but I don't care if they're okay with putting their time into 3-d models to learn anatomy/spatial understanding, or even just to make their shit look better.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.