[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homework Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: index.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3 KB, 225x225
Basically i need help with Homework below,as an IT student i lack philosophical capability.
My colors are brown + green

explain the meaning of when a single colour is used and how the meaning changes in a combination.
>>
fuck off
>>
>>2502481
It's not philosophical. It's just what associations people have with colours. Some of it is cultural, like how pink is for girls and blue is for boys...pink used to be considered a masculine colour for boys since it is like a weaker red, and red is for men. Other colour associations are more genetic, like if you have blue food it isn't appetizing because that's a colour of moulds.

When colours are combined they may have certain associations that are cultural (red + green = christmas, red + blue + white = american).

Also how colour is perceived is all relative. Our eyes don't see colour like a computer that can assign a numerical code to go with a specific colour. Instead, we see things based on what is around them. So if you have a neutral grey next to a strong red, then that grey will appear slightly blueish. Or if you have the opposite, a neutral grey next to a strong blue, then that same neutral grey will appear slightly orangish.

Just think a bit about colour and what your first reactions and thoughts are when you think of it or see it. Probably you already know more than you would expect. Like yellow for example. If it is super strong and bright and greeny yellow, it might look toxic. If it is a bit warmer and yellow orange but still strong it is a sort of sunny happy colour. If you get a really dull grey yellow it might be a more melancholy feeling, or perhaps in extreme cases even more aligned with death and dryness. You already have these associations in your head, just think a bit yourself.
>>
>>2502481
Green by itself is often used to indicate a positive status. Power On. System running optimally or within safe limits. Green stoplight = go. Etc.

Green + Brown feels earthy. Probably a common color scheme for eco-friendly or organic stuff. With the shades you've chosen and with the white sans-serif text, even more so.
>>
>>2502481

You could have googled it and get answer in 5 second, I also think in /fa/ sticky there's an explanation about those colors. (tuxbell / color theory)

Basically this earth brown is a rare hue and it's mixing of the opposites on the color wheel, red and green. (blue and orange is similar pair like that, they are called complimentary colors).

Red and green are complimentaries, but normally they are very bright and vibrant and clash with each other, thus if you adjust hue they work better.

From "philosophical" point of view - green and brown are colors of nature, brown is earth, wood etc. while green is leaves, grass and nature in general. It's known that green is relaxing to look at.
>>
do your own homework faggot
>>
why did three people just enable a high schooler to be lazy
>>
green= dank ass weed ;)
brown= schwag :/
>>
We are not doing your homework for you, OP.

Also, colors are mostly cultural concepts that change between societies and time.
>>
>>2502481
just brown = poo
brown with green = dirt
>>
>>2502481
>literal highschool homework thread
oh wow
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.