[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKf sZaNrmzM Has anyone eve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Ffrazettaself.jpg (38 KB, 345x463) Image search: [Google]
Ffrazettaself.jpg
38 KB, 345x463
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKfsZaNrmzM

Has anyone ever had experience with the Watts Atelier? I like this guy and some day may look into their online courses.

He talk a lot about getting gud by not being a panzy and just grinding on the right exersizes, like learning a sport. Is he legit?
>>
i am enrolled on his classes. he is a great teacher.

he has a very good sense of discipline and habit and he has instilled it in me and work work is infinitely better for it. i am currently learning from his father. but its rarely ever finished. after a while i plan on going back and retaking the same classes from him. "repletion is the mother of skill" he would always say.

and the watts approach to draftsman ship is quite something. from holding a pencil like a brush and seeing a putty/eraser as white paint man. are you in for a surprise. i wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone wanting to improve beyond incremental means
>>
>>2497359

>tfw there is two oceans between me and watts

I would sell my soul to attend. Is the online school a viable alternative?
>>
Watts is one of the best living art teachers. Never have I seen such a genuine, passionate and intelligent man.
>>
>>2497383
>>2497359
OP here, I'm genuinely warmed by the fact that this guy is for real. He's a really inspiring guy from what I've seen. I like they way he relates art to sports as an intuitive endeavor. It fits in with my understanding of boxing.

>>2497382
If you have the 100 bucks a month or whatever it is I'd check it out. he has 15 hour "class" type things you can watch and you can interact with the teachers at the school i believe, as well as other students? Look into it more, thats what im doing.
>>
>>2497382

A native polish here, little english

haha sorry i was talking about their online school, i wish i could attend their brick and mortal school. i am currently taking Robert watts gouache class.

i would say that is down to you. wage slave hard and buy your self all the materials you need. and word hard. i went from 20 hours a week to 30 hours a week. its doable. of course

>tfw you'll never amount more than a polski of the photbashing army.

>>2497393
glad to know there are others whom appreciate this teacher.
if you guys would like a taster of the watts method. seek out his earlier drawing DVD and also Ron Lemen. who is another great teacher who is a decedent in a long line of students all originating from Reilly. all are easily found on CGP or google.

good luck faggots.
>>
Jeff is fucking hot.
I'd totally suck his penis.

No homo tho.
>>
>>2497409
>>>/fit/
>>
>>2497297
Hey, it's that weekly Watts shill.
>>
>>2497409
you'll fit right in ;3
>>
test
>>
>>2497546
I'm not a Watts shill. I'm just pickin up what hes throwin down yo
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.