[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here fountain pen master race? Noodler's Ahab
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 315Vi6xuBpL.jpg (10 KB, 500x183) Image search: [Google]
315Vi6xuBpL.jpg
10 KB, 500x183
Who else here fountain pen master race?

Noodler's Ahab user reporting in. Namiki Falcon is coming this Monday. I'm fucking pumped.
>>
>>2498073
Isn't this the third thread you've made? What the hell do you want to hear?

I have an Ahab too, once I tweaked the feed it worked great, but I haven't used it in a couple years. Just about the only FP I use with any regularity is a Pilot Penmanship because it's an easy way to lay down carbon ink without getting out my Rapidograph (or meditating for 6 hours to achieve the mental clarity required to use a brush pen).

I used to be more gung-ho about fountain pens, but most of the time a Pilot Precise does the job just fine and if someone asks to borrow it they'll know how to use it without fucking up the nib.
>>
>>2498261
How did you tweak the feed? I got an MB meisterstruk as a gift and I sometimes have to go over a line multiple times to get nice flow (sometimes causing me to scar the paper).
>>
File: 21894-1001-1-3ww-l.jpg (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
21894-1001-1-3ww-l.jpg
24 KB, 600x600
>>2498073
ink brush>fountain pen
>>
>>2498347
I pulled the nib and the piece that it mates with out entirely and played around with their positioning before putting the two back into the pen. More of that piece pushed into the pen restricts the flow. For my pen, two and a half of the larger ribs (there are ribs cut into the bottom of the piece the nib sits on, small ones towards the tip of the pen and then they get larger) are sticking out of the barrel, and there is exactly an eighth of an inch between the tip of the nib and the end of the nib piece. It's been years since I've done this and I remember finding a few forum posts somewhere that explained the ways you can adjust it. Sometimes cutting into the material is required.

Troubleshooting fountain pens isn't my forte, but there are plenty of guides on the internet. You'll want to get a loupe to see if the tines of the nib are aligned and check for other tiny problems with the nib. They're only $3 on Amazon.
>>
>>2498430
Thanks anon
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.