[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>checked out 4 books from the library on Perspective Drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Perspective1.jpg (49 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Perspective1.jpg
49 KB, 700x500
>checked out 4 books from the library on Perspective Drawing
>skim all of them
>the most recent one from 2011 has a final chapter called "Perspective on the Computer".
>says that setting up 3d objects and boxes in sketchup gives you perfect perspective every time. Also, the perspective tool in photoshop gives him gud results
What am I supposed to do /ic/? Drawing tons of perspective lines manually or doing it with 3d?
>>
Both, bitch!!!
>>
>>2491478
what's important isn't how you get to something but whether you fundamentally understand why it works

the only reason to do things the hard way is to try to understand how something works at it's most basic levels; manual control from beginning to end ensures that you understand it through and through. If you already understand the subject, there would be no reason to not use perspective tools to save both time and effort. For example, you could manually go in and put texture in a digital painting with a small hard round brush or you could just make a fucking splatter brush and do the same job in a shorter amount of time. But, someone who doesn't know how to effectively place texture will be no better at using the splatter brush than using the round brush.
>>
>>2491482
why both? He said that 3d programs can quickly and easily transform any pixel into any perspective you want
>>
File: 1460310904668.jpg (176 KB, 1000x826) Image search: [Google]
1460310904668.jpg
176 KB, 1000x826
>>2491478
Perspective with perfect computer made lines looks static and lifeless in art. Getting used to freehanding makes setting up an art piece an easier and quicker process.

Using photoshop/3d model programs to practice getting used to seeing things in perspective is a good learning tool tho.
>>
File: mXyupD1.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
mXyupD1.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>2491576
>Getting used to freehanding makes setting up an art piece an easier and quicker process.
>>
>>2491602
Agreed but
>>2491576
I agree that perfect lines make something look static buuut...this is remedied easily by, yknow, just drawing over the lines once you know that's where they need to be placed lmfao. That's what I do, even when I have to hand-draw perspective (like i did recently for class) I drew over my lines after using the ruler because it made everything look too flat.
>>
>>2491759
>I drew over my lines after using the ruler because it made everything look too flat.
perfect perspective doesnt make something look flat. Poor lighting and shading does.
>>
>>2491576

You're supposed to draw on top of your perspective lines, not actually draw with them.
>>
>>2491576
>static and lifeless
Nice buzzwords there mate
>>
Fucking bullshit is there no trick to learning this shit fast im pretty sure these fucking books make it seem more difficult than it is
>>
>>2497153
Sorry mate, perspective actually is fairly difficult. Basic perspective you might have down in a couple days or two (and then weeks of still lives and observational stuff), but the more complex stuff involving more complex forms becomes more mind bending.
You gotta have patience and diligence with art.
>>
File: 1459103080734.jpg (160 KB, 920x518) Image search: [Google]
1459103080734.jpg
160 KB, 920x518
Grind studies free hand or with ruler, helps give you an eye for it. There's no shame in making mistakes when practicing, it's how you learn as long as you reflect and fix your mistakes.
Use 3D when you're doing a particularly finicky object or client work, no shame in doing so if it helps you get the perspective right.
>>
>>2497153
Try draw a box
>>
>>2497364
Draw a box isnt that great for learning perspective imo, as it doesnt really explain much of the theory.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.