[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Deviant Art useful for criticisms ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Deviantart_logo.png (50 KB, 540x220) Image search: [Google]
Deviantart_logo.png
50 KB, 540x220
What's the deal with dA ? Most if not all the favs you get are from people expecting favs in return.

They are just farming, liking as much creation as they can to get noticed. Sometimes they do not even look what you post.

Seriously, how to get constructive criticisms for noob-tier drawings ?
>>
>>2485212
i made a new gallery and all people reacted to so far is having scary eyes on album cover flag or dropping questions about a jew flag. first visiters were a brony and some animefag instawatched me. i guess im supposed to pander to these people and wait for money to come in but its by no means a golden fountain for creative people.
PS who the fuck expects faves in return i came to share my art not look at your stupid ass OCs
>>
>>2485212
>Seriously, how to get constructive criticisms for noob-tier drawings ?

I'd say asking artist directly, good artists at least.
I don't think there's a platform only for criticism, as having a comment box or something similar people usually leave something like "I like it" or anything of that caliber
you could try this shitty board too, be sure to post your work on a currently on going specific thread (like beginner thread or x style thread) instead of creating your own
>>
>>2485212
wut? that's only true for the people that favorite your work seconds after you upload.
>>
>>2485227

I've been on dA for a long time and the noob community is full of people like that.

You browse through their favorites and you realize it's totally random in quality and theme.

Their profile page consist only of "thanks for the fav" comments.
>>
>>2485212
Why the fuck are you expecting constructive criticism for "noob-tier drawings"?

Stop wasting people's fucking time. Pick your sources to learn from, learn for 6 months, then get some crit. Join art communities and get a crit a month at least, but give them in return as well. Nobody likes a parasite.

Shut the fuck up about your feels or your newbie artist troubles, nobody cares and everybody has heard the same shit 6000 times over. Draw more.

Draw more.

Draw more.

Repeat after me: Draw more.
>>
>>2485235
>art communities
?
>>
>>2485235
Putting his words in a less aggressive tone...

If you're a beginner, there's no worthwhile criticism to give. You just have to practice more.
Post your work on a site like deviant art or here and see how people react to it. You can take whatever criticism you want from it.
>>
>>2485212
I've found Wysp to be a more useful website than deviantart. They also have tutorials and stuff
>>
>>2487164
>Wysp
looked it up, it's trashy. DA middle tier trashy
>>
>>2485235
>falling for the "draw more" meme
>>
>>2487335
>still trying to delude yourself into thinking it isn't about practice

okay anon, good luck being a permapleb
>>
>>2485212
>>Seriously, how to get constructive criticisms for noob-tier drawings ?
Not from DA. It's a fucking circle jerk where even if you post negative comments on your own work people will bitch you out about it.
very few people accept criticism there. Even if they do you need to drown it in mindless ass kissing to get them to pay attention and not consider you a troll or something of the sort.
>>
Id post on conceptart.org instead, the site isnt dead yet.
>>
>>2487335
literally nothing else exists outside of that meme
>>
I generally posted stuff both on DA and tumblr for about six months.

In the time it took me to get 50 followers on DA I had 350 on Tumblr.

The only real benefit I see with DA is that it seems like if you submit to groups your stuff gets a more steady flow of viewers over time than in tumblr, where it seems to get buried after a few days and rarely seen again unless someone goes through your blog.
>>
>>2491597
If you're below a certain skill level don't they ignore you?
>>
>>2487335
What else is anon supposed to do?
Fucking pleb.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.