[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any really advanced resources for perspectives? I do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: perspective.jpg (289 KB, 1092x800) Image search: [Google]
perspective.jpg
289 KB, 1092x800
Are there any really advanced resources for perspectives? I do know the 1,2,3 point perspective drawing techniques, but those are still quite limited in utility for more complex structures. I know most artists just wing it and make it good enough, but I would like to study mathematical or geometrical ways to portray accurate angles and stuff.

I know a lot depends on chosen "lens" of the observer, to create the perspective projection...Like at what distance should a observed-faced square start to look more rounded thanks to the projection?

I know Escher played with projections a lot, but I don't know if he put any of his studies formally in writing.

Anything?
>>
>>2489532
anything more than 3 point is a wonky fish eye shit. check out ultra wide angle camera lenses
>>
>>2489532
well man,
1 point is used for limited spaces, 2 point comes in because the cone of vision starts making things looks wacky. so the cone of vision is expanded somewhat and we get 2 vanishing points to stop warping.

3 point is the most natural. it's probably the best for illustrating full images in general and its only somewhat limited. and usually the horizon will be off the page.

if you want the image to start rounding that's usually using 5 point perspective which you see a fair amount of in photography. even then the image is cropped so you dont see the circle of the lens.

look into scott robertson's how to draw. it goes over alot of this.
>>
>>2489545
Yeah, this book from scott robertson is definitely helping.

I think I might have learned some of this shit in the past but have forgotten stuff.
>>
>>2489532

http://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/perspect5.html

This site has a massive amount of technical perspective stuff
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.