[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm slowly moving beyond that stage where you think you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: foto_no_exif(1).jpg (397 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif(1).jpg
397 KB, 1632x1224
I'm slowly moving beyond that stage where you think you've stopped symbol drawing but realize you totally still are and studying Bridgman and Loomis with a better understanding that makes my initial attempts look completely laughable, and the sheer number of piece of information about the body that I never new there were before just seems completely overwhelming. But it's still a good feel, I feel like I've made another breakthrough and finally seriously beginning to see how little I really know and also how to practice.

Anyone else know this feel? Does eventually is it just second nature? Also is Bridgeman's text supposed to be completely unintelligible? Can anyone explain his method for constructing heads? i've attached the instructions.
>>
File: foto_no_exif.jpg (384 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif.jpg
384 KB, 1224x1632
>>2480227

here's the photos on the opposing page
>>
File: loomis.jpg (153 KB, 1050x509) Image search: [Google]
loomis.jpg
153 KB, 1050x509
(the 2 pictures on the right are a piece i'm working on right now. i'm not that great yet but construction is helping me get better.)

>>2480227
Yeah, there's a lot of baggage that comes with studying. Eventually, if you practice it enough it DOES become intuitive. The Bridgman book is a bit confusing, but I've had lots of fun with Loomis' Drawing the Head (which you can find a link for free in the sticky). I would drop the Bridgman book and go straight for Loomis.

Loomis' head construction method is pretty straight forward, just 4 equidistant lines on a plane with some proportions that you can tweak based on the character. Very easy to follow and build on. I started studying Loomis around ~February?? and it's been fun. Cheers
>>
>>2480264
the drawing is nice, but that shading looks terrible
>>
>>2480264

that's well above me, but I see what I need to do to attain it now at least. I usually wear a beard but I think I need to shave it. I am having a hard time understanding. the lips and mustache and chin area
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.