[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my interest in improving my art skills has been primarily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2388x2873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2388x2873
So my interest in improving my art skills has been primarily driven by creating monsters.

I've gotten into ink, acrylic and oil paint, watercolor and colored pencil.

I do enjoy art still, however I kind of feel like I'm a fake for not studying figures and facial anatomy.

Thoughts?
>>
My thoughts:

You're really young. As you grow older and apprehension mounts (as you ralize your deficiencies) self-discipline takes over as the main motor of your daily practice in joy's stead. Use your brain to find subjects that need tackling, don't listen to anxiety. Doodling is srs business, eyes on the prize and push on.

You'll fuck yourself if you don't leave the monster comfort zone. I had that too, it's a comfort zone. Make humie monsters and humies. This is a very anthropocentric discipline, the human figure is the most familiar form to your viewers, you'll be judged by it and the standards are harsh by comparison to everything else.
>>
>>2464366
That picture is disgustingly ugly.
>>
>>2464366
Study figures and facial anatomy then, a lot more than you think can be applied to what you are doing.

Even an hour a day can go a long way, you'd want to focus most of your energy to studying animals, character design and things like that however.
>>
>>2464448
It's actually supposed to be.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.