[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a Little Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: nz88secNsC1rvsfh9o1_r1_1280.jpg (521 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
nz88secNsC1rvsfh9o1_r1_1280.jpg
521 KB, 1280x853
Right now i'am currently in College but i really want to go into the Animation Industry doing Story storyboards, Character Designs and Work in plots for stories. So i wanted to ask here since it looks to be the best place on 4chan to do it, What do i have to study in order to succeed in my goal??? I know going to an Animation School ins't 100% necessary.
>>
>>2458985
Is that your setup?
Also bump because id like to see if there are any anons who do have real world experience.
>>
>>2458985
https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/dont-go-to-art-school-138c5efd45e9#.cbh887ggg
>>
>>2461090
Noah Bradley is a wannabe concept artist and illustrator. What he says has nothing to do with the industry OP wants to find work in. Most of the big companies within the animation industry have talent development programs where they give out internships to the top of the class people at Sheridan, CalArts, Gobelins etc. It is virtually impossible to find work at Dreamworks, Disney or Pixar for example without either being an established professional with lots of high profile project under his belt, or going through their talent development program.

As a self-taught artist, you are at a HUGE disadvantage if you want to get into the animation industry.
>>
>>2461262
Seconded, on both accounts.
>>
>>2461262

>Noah Bradley is a wannabe concept artist and illustrator.

He is successful at both, you can hate him if you want but you can't deny hes top tier int he industry in terms of jobs hes gotten.

I agree with the rest of what you said however.
>>
>>2461262
>>2461321

First off. JPB your are a nobody dont trip.
And secondly, you guys are just mad cuz you went to an art school and realized that it has absolutely no advantage. People who go through through some of the best art schools say that the only reason theyd recommend going is because you meet cool people. Yes, that is the only advantage, networking. Nowadays you can network very successfully using the internet. Jews
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.