[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a 26 years old guy living in a third world country, it is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
As a 26 years old guy living in a third world country, it is possible for me to live off art? I've seen a lot of artists doing well so i want to give it a try.

Pic related not my art.
>>
>>2451506

yes. 1k usd a month is very very easy to do.
>>
It all depends on your living situation. If you have years ahead of you where you can dedicate yourself to constant effort in practice, you will eventually make a living off of it, but don't make any poor bets. You're not very young, so you have to decide whether or not you want to struggle with something relatively few people ultimately become successful at, or just choose a safer career and try to live comfortably. You can always study art as a hobby in your spare time, and maybe someday down the road change your career to art.

Put your financial security ahead of anything else. If you're going to college take something that will provide you with a guaranteed and reasonable income.

You could practice art for years and just never get anywhere with it. Nobody can say whether you have the right mentality for it without actually seeing where you've gone with it after a lot of time and effort.
>>
Yeah, man. You can totally do it, but you have to be really good.

And no, you donĀ“t have to be "really good" because of your situation, but because only the "really good" people make it.

Can you post your work, famiglia? And which country you from, out of curiosity.
>>
File: 1424666966721.png (342 KB, 1079x1299) Image search: [Google]
1424666966721.png
342 KB, 1079x1299
>>2451602
i been working in a family business for a long time, the reason i want to start to live off art is because my actual work is very time consuming, and i don't think my family would like the idea of leaving without making any kind of income. and also i'm pretty interested in working as a developer for android games.

>>2451607
i've only been doing poor studies just for the sake of drawing, lack of time and everything. and i'm from a part of central america.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.