[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
white space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 5
I don't know if this is the right place to ask and it is a very silly question but;
are these white spaces there beacause the artist wanted to frame it this way or is there another reason?
>>
another example
>>
>>2448259
Yeah I'm pretty sure the white space is there because of the frame of the original painting. Since there is no round jpegs people filled the empty space with white.
>>
File: gilpin wye river 1770.png (178 KB, 400x246) Image search: [Google]
gilpin wye river 1770.png
178 KB, 400x246
>>2448259
For the circle compositions, there was a tools back in the 18th-19th century called a Claude glass which people would use to paint from. It was basically just a mirror, but allowed you to frame a landscape to paint without having to worry about too many outside details. It was mostly used for landscapes, though, so I don't know if that's the case for the portrait you posted, and definitely doesn't apply to the second picture either. It's possible the second painting was painted originally on a wall or canvas between two pillars, so that's how the shape came about.
>>
File: attachment.jpg (130 KB, 859x653) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
130 KB, 859x653
>>2448261
>teenager blondy sucking on boobs
>>
File: 1332656327115.png (74 KB, 295x282) Image search: [Google]
1332656327115.png
74 KB, 295x282
>>2448273
>Claude glass
HOly fuck, how did I spend all my life without such amazing thing!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.