[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pls rate. >inb4 the elbow or the knee those were intentional,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: rushdown idle.png (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
rushdown idle.png
44 KB, 400x400
Pls rate.

>inb4 the elbow or the knee
those were intentional, trying to bring stuff from toons.
>>
>>2444179
>muh style
>>
Style looks nice. 8/10
>>
>>2444179
You can only see the front side of her skirt. We should be able to see a little of the back side.
Her hair looks so cartoony it seems more like a hat. Try drawing normal human people hair, then drawing the cartoony bits on top.
The elbows are okay, but the knee really does make her look like a doll/mannequin. If that's what she is, good job, you nailed it, but if she's a human you should really tone it down a bit.
Her calves are garbage, especially her left calf. It looks like she has a broken tibia. Are you a leg man? It's much easier to draw body parts that arouse you. Try to get yourself aroused by looking at women's legs. It's either that or doing it the hard way: study and practice in a realistic style.
Her arms also need some serious anatomy checking. The distance between her shoulder and elbow should be about the same as the distance between her elbow and wrist. The arms are also too long in general. Stand up with your arms slack, and you'll find that your fingertips reach your thigh. She could touch her knees.
Generally, I like how you used only a few colors, but the white on the socks and her green eyes undermine that. Personally, I'd replace both with red. Her clothes grip her in a way that make it look like she's a human wearing them (except as mentioned above), so good job there.
As a character design, I wouldn't give a girl who fights with her fists a loose skirt unless you're intending to have some panty flashes (like Sakura from Street Fighter). I'd recommend considering hot pants, spats, or a tight skirt. Since her top is red with black accents, I'd make her skirt/shorts/whatever black with red accents. The hair going over her eye is a bit much unless she's actually one-eyed. Depth perception is important for a fist-fighter.
I was, however, immediately able to tell that she was a fist-fighter, and learned a little about her personality just from her expression.
Overall, the design has a lot of potential, but needs a lot of work too. 4/10.
>>
>>2444180
there's a clear difference between realism and cartoons you fucking autist
>>
>>2445279
there's also a clear difference between someone who's fucking bad with no understanding of anything they're drawing and are trying to say "style" and someone who knows what they're drawing and attempts to exaggerate it. Go get 0 notes on tumblr and proceed to kys, please :)
>>
>>2445341
shut the fuck up
>>
>>2445386
triggered
>>
>>2445388
>>2445386
This is a nice style though
>>
>>2445638
no its not.
its a bad style.
that is a bad style.
nobby knees are not in.
they are out.
uncool.
very not style.
>>
>>2445640
Well that's like, your opinion dude
>>
>>2444179
just because you do something intentionally doesnt mean it looks good
>>
>>2444179
give the shadows more color/saturation, especially for this type of illustration. And in my opinion those intentional elbows and knees look ugly as hell
>>
>>2444179
i remember you posting an old version of this a long while ago. if it is you, it looks worse now.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.