[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is art class really worth it? Can't one study and teach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 468x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 468x338
Is art class really worth it? Can't one study and teach herself while creating great art in the end?
>>
>>2431312
Yes but having an expert to tell you what you're doing wrong speeds up the process a huge amount
>>
>>2431312

Do you necessarily need to take classes to be successful? No. But classes are another learning tool available to you if you want it.

Classes are for if you want more personal guidance, if you need structure and have difficultly doing that on your own, access to resources you may not have or have difficulty obtaining otherwise (nude figure drawing, printers, printing press, kilns, woodshops, studio space, etc. depending on what the class offers), and in-person feedback. When I took a few art courses in college, I really enjoyed the creative atmosphere of working along side other artists. Working in isolation now, I miss it.
>>
>>2431312
>herself

Ha.

You will never make it.
>>
>>2431312
Are you a g-g-grill?
>>
>>2431318
this is true
>>
>>2431378
nonsense anony, we all know no grills exist on the on internets
>>
File: 1457055404285.jpg (52 KB, 716x724) Image search: [Google]
1457055404285.jpg
52 KB, 716x724
>>2431312
You know the rules, femanon.
>>
>>2431318
where would an anon look into going to school in the U.S. I mean I know of schools like MICA RISD VCU and such but are those a pipe dream. Also if anon already graduated college with a non art degree, is it worth it to go back?
>>
>>2431432
You can take individual art courses without enrolling in a degree program. State/community colleges are very affordable compared to the big names. I took classes at one of my state universities and was fairly satisfied with what I got out of it. I have some friends in bigger schools like Pratt and I would say the biggest difference is the professors available to you (all of my professors were professional artists, though I only had one professor I would count as one with any fame), and the resources. My state university had enough resources for me, to be satisfied, but the resources available to my friends is worlds beyond what I had.
>>
>>2431312
nude self portrait or get out
>>
>>2431445
Oh also diversity of courses. My university had all the basic courses and some advance courses. The variety my Pratt friends had was pretty wild.
>>
>>2431449
this
>>
>>2431336
/thread
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.