[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
getting started, what do you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 576547 - Copy.jpg (237 KB, 1181x879) Image search: [Google]
576547 - Copy.jpg
237 KB, 1181x879
don't hold back, please, I want feedback
>>
File: 1340281511329.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1340281511329.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
>>2412555
The drawing ain't that good so you might want to go and have a look at the beginners thread but those numbers are pretty good.
>>
File: silh.jpg (211 KB, 806x1530) Image search: [Google]
silh.jpg
211 KB, 806x1530
it's pretty good!! i really like the looseness of the drawing. because the way you're working is less about structure, i feel you could play around more with the posing and design of your characters in the future. with the dog in particular, the silhouette gets a little muddied on the right side. the design and drawing is nice, but the foreleg, hindleg and head all sort of meld together, which makes the tongue a little hard to read. i would pull the head out more or lean the dog over a bit, and bring the hind leg away from the foreleg to create one full negative shape as opposed to the two small ones you've got going on.

actually, while writing this i noticed that the negative space continues down to his hip, so i might play around with that as well... i think part of the reason i didn't catch it while looking at it the first time is because of the lack of contrast, i might darken up that area a bit to define it a lil more.

anyway, it's good, play around more, keep making things, etc etc. always try and make your image as clear as you can to your viewer. which doesn't mean you have to simplify or clean up your work, you just have to clarify it or whatever
>>
too stylized for me to criticize
>>
It's Quentin Blake. learn to reverse image search people.
>>
>>2412659
>
The best place to be
>>
>>2412672
aw dang!! i feel foolish now for trying to critique it. the style's obvious now that it's been pointed out to me, tho i still feel like the dog could be clarified a bit
>>
>>2412672
KEEKKK
>>
Quentin Blake needs some Loomis.
>>
>symbols
>muh style
doesn't have the spark
>>
its bad, and the reason is not loomis

its boring. boring is bad, and it really boring. no definition, nothing to look at, not composition, no focus, no consistent eshtetic. it offers nothing interesting.
>>
>>2412555
better than probably 26% of /ic/
>>
>>2412672
Not that he's really great or anything, but OP picked a really poor example, you must admit.
>>
>>2412672
That's actually really interesting though. I've always disliked his drawings, especially as a kid. But before I noticed it was him I was prepared to comment his potential for a children's books illustrator with a bit of practice.
>>
>>2414176
better than 100% of /ic/
>>
>>2412672
Implying the fame of the artist matters
Implying style is a valid excuse for a shitty drawing

wew
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.