[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guy know any good exercises, or source of exercises, for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Do you guy know any good exercises, or source of exercises, for a beginner to build muscle memory, like drawing circles and lines?

Thanks for the help!
>>
Last time I asked this question I got told to just draw more.

Since that never helped me I just gave up on any kind of art that doesn't let me refine my lines in the finishing stage.
>>
>>2412990
try looking up some of the exercises from scott robertson. he has some pretty solid line work.
>>
Just grab a piece of paper and do it.

At least once a day and whenever I start drawing, I always fill up a page or two with just circles and lines. I'll also usually try to do some rough shading to turn the circles into spheres and I'll try to draw additional lines parallel to the first lines. I wouldn't spend more than five to ten minutes on it, but I personally find that it helps warm up my arm and improve the crispness of my marks. Just make sure you're drawing things at a variety of sizes and that you get your arm, wrist, and fingers involved, otherwise it'll be a waste of time.
>>
>>2413552
See, there it is.
>>
>>2413538
Not line art related, but he's a digital painting master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i2ksDRapO4
>>
>>2412990
What's this and what's its use?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.