[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I expect nothing good to come out of this but whatever. I used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 123123123123.png (261 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
123123123123.png
261 KB, 800x600
I expect nothing good to come out of this but whatever.

I used to -try- to draw something pretty, spending hours on polishing a turd.

Now I just consider it an expendable hobby and anything that takes more than 1 hour is a bad case.

So the question is, what, if any, practices are sensible to adopt that doesn't stretch the time window yet still open up for improvement? Adjusted for low ambitions preferably, Surely I'd benefit from spending 700 hours studying X but my ambitions here are to populate drawthreads more than high end new york galleries.

tl;dr What's a high ROI if you want to spend as little time as possible per piece?
>>
I just mainly scribble shit in a sketchbook now, might refine a bit
>>
>>2413008
No matter what, if you want to draw at least somewhat decently you'll need to study some fundamentals or use reference. There is no secret ingredient to making you work take less time or look better without practice.

Art is a skill and skills take time to learn, improve upon and perfect.

Want a sensible practice? Do some gesture before you sit down to draw. Good for warmup, especially if you plan to draw people.

The faster you stop fighting it and just learn the fundamentals the better though. You'll have less headaches and less fights about your "style" and shit if you can learn the basics.
>>
>>2413008
look at that symbol drawing nonsense
this guy needs loomis bad
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.