[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is something off?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: character-design.jpg (717 KB, 3673x4500) Image search: [Google]
character-design.jpg
717 KB, 3673x4500
I am almost done with this piece, but I feel like something is off, but I cannot put my finger on what it could be, or if there is even something off.

Is it just me?
>>
you have no clean value grouping and the values are all very close together in range which makes that nothing stands out. you don't use your values correctly to show the form of things and this makes everything flat. the pose is really stiff, the face is borderline symbol drawing/ you have these weird textures going on that don't add anything. study hands. study anatomy.
>>
>>2409031

also, forgot to type, you need to define a clear light source next time. I'd advise you to drop this because there is no saving it, study, study, then try again. Don't let my crit deter or discourage you, keep on going! Only way is up from here. Good luck.
>>
Thanks man and no worries, I appreciate the advise, critique is the only way to improve.

And yes... I see your point, I did focus on the shading, but I can see that I need to exaggerate it more (in my case). As for the light source I plan to do more work on that tomorrow, some dynamic lighting.

If you mean the textures at the background, I did that only for a quick background, I am pretty unskilled at environmental designs, I usually have no background, but I will study that some time in the future as well, for now I want to focus more on character designs.

And thanks again.
>>
This looks really close to a piece Clint Cearley corrected in "10 most common mistakes in digital painting" You can buy the ebook, its cheap and quite useful for beginners. He has vids in his channel doing paintovers as well.
What >>2409031 said too
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.