[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ACTING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: actor-on-stage.jpg (75 KB, 1000x696) Image search: [Google]
actor-on-stage.jpg
75 KB, 1000x696
After attempting to make several dozen comics and animations I came to the conclusion that acting is super important for figure drawing.

There is the quote "An animator is an actor with a pencil", which I didn't believed at first but now it feels true.

So what are some resources for leaning to act specifically for artists an animators?

Does a normal acting class works?
>>
You talking about capturing stories and what not? Or capturing expressions? Kind of a vague question since there's a lot of answers you can get from there.
>>
>>2383305
selftaught
>>
File: 1.jpg (24 KB, 260x299) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
24 KB, 260x299
>>2383327
I can draw figures and know basic anatomy, but when it came to creative ideas I was stumped. I really wanted to draw draw and draw but the ideas didn't come.

I got fed up, got a camera and started acting some shitty comics. My acting was shitty and overblown but I had so many fun ideas and references to draw.

Then I acted some of my previous drawings and realized that the poses and gestures were too awkward and stupid, which could have been avoided if I tried to act those actions myself.

So my problem is that I can see that acting skills are super important now, but I don't know if an acting class is helpful for 2D artists (They are too expensive to just jump in).
Right now I'm downloading this to see how it goes.
>>
>>2383305
When animators say that, they don't mean you're supposed to learn about actual theatrical acting and shit. They mean you're supposed to learn how to properly express the intention of a character and put yourself into their shoes. If you can't do that, then you need to observe life and other reference material on how someone would act in whatever situation or during whatever activity or emotional state. Not waste your time taking fucking acting classes.

I mean, that's pretty much what an actor does too when they prepare for a role.
>>
>>2383410
Alright. That makes sense.

But then what do they teach at acting school? Because the classes near me are super expensive so I guess it must be some sort of scam.
>>
>>2383305
is that the same guy as pic related
>>
>>2383428
You don't have to take any acting classes. Like the previous anon said, put yourself in the character shoes. What would you do in said situation when brought up. How would the other characters around you act from what you stated, etc etc.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.