[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do matters more in art? To be an average artist with an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1443059030579.png (105 KB, 296x274) Image search: [Google]
1443059030579.png
105 KB, 296x274
What do matters more in art?

To be an average artist with an extensive art production, covering every topic and dealing with basic deep topics (baby tier philosophy).

To be extremelly good in technical terms but producing very few pieces during your life.
>>
File: JUSTDOIT.jpg (36 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDOIT.jpg
36 KB, 1024x1024
>>2359629
Excellence comes in many different way, it only matter what do you want to be known for. You can be excellent in being highly productive or you can be excellent in oil painting, but usually average artist never make it into history books. On the other hand, many artist in history books died like a hobos. Choose your way that is true to yourself. Pretense will leak through your art, so will honesty.

Also, you can start as average artist that tried to do everything, and later pick whatever you like the most.
>>
>>2359641
yeah, but there is people like the guy who made Project 9 from outer space.

He will get in history books, maybe as the "worst director" but he is right now a cult director and really have a fanbase among film fans.

His movies are pretty terrible in terms of technical skill, he's worse than even current film students.

But, his movies have that passion and true honesty only good art has.

Even if he's pretty terrible in terms of technique, his movies are so fucking good, almost as good as stuff like citizen kane, only that he archieve greatness by going with infinite negative technique and infinite negative skill.
>>
>>2359645
Well, if he makes it into history books, than he must have had certain qualities (that enriched some and appealed to people. But I don't think he wanted to become "meme" director. I would say the qualities he poured into his movie can be real, but unintentional, therefore, lucky coincidence.

It's up to everyone what they choose but betting on luck doesn't seem like a good way honestly. And as I said, honest personal projects are the best projects, because the love for it will be visible despite the bad "conventional" qualities it might have.

There is also matter of "what is great art". Personally I think that projects, that impacted people in a great way (i.e. made them follow virtues or do something meaningful/creative) are great art. Projects that impacted people shallowly is just art (block busters movie, fanart, etc). Thats why "popular" things are rarely considered art, because they pander to majority which means it loses strength to be impactful.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.