[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've always told myself I wouldn't be one of those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: CYC5wcfWMAAJvrE.jpg (35 KB, 599x359) Image search: [Google]
CYC5wcfWMAAJvrE.jpg
35 KB, 599x359
I've always told myself I wouldn't be one of those delusional artists but I just did one of my first completed drawings that I thought looked really good but got terrible feedback online and irl, how do you deal with this feeling?
>>
>>2347829
post it or gtfo.
>>
>>2347829
How long have you been drawing? How often do you practice?
>>
>>2347829
The usual treament is to go around telling others how to draw and fix thier shit. This can be done in several ways.

1. Make a subrebbit to teach lesser artists and then spam the rest of rebbit with it

2. Cry on faceback for attention and then talk shit on 4chan preaching the "fundamentals"

3. Dedicate a full day to doing Deviantar personal critiques of under-age artists' work.

The point is to get back on the horse and contine on believing you're worth the effort to pay attention to no matter how annoying you really are.
>>
>>2347829
post dude
>>
Post it, m8. I'll help a brother out.
>>
>>2347829
Please show us. This website isn't incredibly fair. Nor is anywhere on the internet. The most fair feedback I've ever gotten was from my teachers, unfortunately most people don't have that luxury.
Anywhere on the internet is going to give you a critique that is too negative (ignoring anything good you did, even if its a bad drawing you probably did at least something somewhat correct)
Showing family and friends will always give you good feedback, or at least most of the time. Its called "hugboxing"
>>
>>2347829
Getting negative criticism can mean two things: either you're asking the wrong person to critique your art, or you've actually done something wrong.
I'd like to assume the latter, as it's a better way to look at it due to how it encourages you to look at your art and try to find what's wrong and what need to be worked on.
Now post your work and let us help you.
>>
Feel pain
Contemplate pain
Accept pain
Know pain
>>
>>2347829
Post it faggot
>>
>>2347829
don't be afraid anon, what do you have to lose, it'll show that you got guts
>>
File: DOOBS.jpg (19 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
DOOBS.jpg
19 KB, 300x450
Listen to their criticisms, decide with which you agree on, and fix those problems.
>>
>>2347829
People are talking shit about you for free. You should at least take something from it, and learn.
>>
Consider that in this slow board that I lurk since a week maybe I already made some posts where I tell people that they worked on their values even though I draw since few days in pen and brushpen and I can hardly make ellipses and lines and have no idea about gesture, color theory, anatomy or lighting.

I mean to say - take this with a grain of salt, think if critique is warranted, if it is, if it's something you can fix. Sometimes people will not understand your stylization, maybe some exaggeration or flatness is conscious stylization effort. Also /ic/ generally doesn't have imagination and doesn't build any narrative in their art.

Other than that this
>>
>>2347923

I meant to link to this >>2347872
>>
>>2347829
>I just did one of my first completed drawings that I thought looked really good
>I just did one of my first completed drawings
>one of my first completed drawings
>one of my first
>first

millage usually resolve any problem
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.