[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
is keys to drawing really all there is to it or are there books that go deeper into making perfect copies?
>>
aside from charles bargue of course.
>>
Why would you aspire to become this?
>>
>>2344966
Does it matter? Whether OP wants to be like an old-school illustrator (they were all glorified photocopiers) or wants to up his observational drawing skills to the max before moving on to creative shit, he's asking a question that can easily be answered.

The real question is, instead of pointing someone in the right direction or adding anything to discussion, why are you giving someone shit for something you don't understand?

>>2344954
OP, I'm going to look through my books and I'll come back to you with a list and possibly some DL links if I can find them. I'm assuming that by perfect copies you mean just learning to draw exactly what you see, like the shit bargue teaches. Don't let the whole "perfect copies" thing take over every single one of your studies though. There's a time for what you're looking for and there's a time for quick or messy studies too. As long as you keep that in mind and don't bog yourself down with accuracy studies you'll be fine.
>>
>>2344978
> or wants to up his observational drawing skills to the max before moving on to creative shit
OP here. yup, that is my exact goal. thanks anon
>>
>>2345001
Portrait Drawing A complete course with David Jameison teaches what you want.
>>
>>2344978

Calm down, it was an honest and innocent question, I wasn't giving him shit at all. Good job making a whole bunch of assumptions including that I don't understand what he's talking about
>>
>>2344954
Seconding the Bargue stuff. Read through Charles Bargue Drawing Course and absorb all the info you can from that.

>Drawing Realistic Textures in Pencil by J.D Hillberry
Awesome for learning pencil techniques you'll need as well as good work habits (like filling in the BG first). Do value studies from good B&W photos as well as IRL still life or cast drawing along with this. Value studies should be done with a heavy focus on values and form. Details are secondary (only do details in your focal point or things that make for good study). You can go ham on it if you want though, it's just not necessary.

>FORCE Dynamic Life Drawing For Animators by Mike Mattesi
Great for practicing gesture and figure drawing which will have an effect on any life drawing sessions with nude models.

>Sketch Workshop Anatomy
Good for learning an accurate sketching process and how to block things out in sketches.
>>
>>2346762
thank you anon!
>>
>>2345003
>125 dollars
damn
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.