[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carpal tunnel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20150711_143038.jpg (158 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150711_143038.jpg
158 KB, 600x600
Pic unrelated

D/ic/KS with carpal tunnel and other art hindering issues, how do you work around it?
I have carpal tunnel myself and have to stop drawing every five to ten minutes and shake my hand out for a few minutes before starting again.
Does anyone else suffer this? If so how do you deal with it?
>>
>>2318930
I've got a mild form of Ehler-Danlos syndrome. It's basically like having carpal tunnel at random intervals and in multiple joints, at least in my case. I just stop when my body tells me to stop. Sometimes I can go for hours, sometimes I can't even start. The one time I ignored the pain I ended up having to rest for a week to go back to "normal". I was really scared I had fucked up my hands completely.
Also relaxation exercises help, whereas more stretching-oriented stuff like yoga or other common warm-up exercises make it worse.
>>
In addition to drawing I stock shelves in a supermarket 6 nights a week. My hands hurt a lot,but I have been staving off the worst with aspirin an hour before work and Advil when it's particularly intense. That and I enacts when I get home.

Also,if you can afford it,try seeing a chiropractor regularly. One massaged my wrists for 10 minutes and I had gripping strength again. But since it's a chronic conditions you will get from the same physical activity all you can really do is maintenance for it,not cure yourself.
>>
I'm a tattoo artist and hand cramps are especially annoying for me. I have to squeeze my grip so hard to hold the machine steady that I end up having to shake my hands every few minutes for the duration, makes me look silly and makes the customer wonder whats going on, all around bad shit. I started doing hand exercises and got one of those gyro ball things, over the past month ive seen some good improvement, so maybe try that.

Also here lately I get this rather painful burning sensation in the tips of all of my fingers, both hands, it comes and lasts for a few minutes, then passes but while its going I cant do anything, this is relatively new so if anyone knows what that might be from.
>>
File: stretch.jpg (548 KB, 657x2835) Image search: [Google]
stretch.jpg
548 KB, 657x2835
I'm going to start stretching at least twice a day. I did all these this morning and it barely takes 5 minutes. Worth it desu. I don't think it can fix carpal tunnel you already have but any preventative measure for the rest of us is worth trying.
>>
>>2319903
Are you diabetic?
If so it may be nroprethy
I'm diabetic and have it in my pinky toe and a few fingers
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.