[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
advertising
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: QJZuNpG.jpg (160 KB, 736x1076) Image search: [Google]
QJZuNpG.jpg
160 KB, 736x1076
Image has nothing to do with post desu
So guys, how do you advertise your art to gain more fans/clients? Where do you post, do you tag, add to groups, try to interact with people? Or just post your art and leave it all here? The more websites do you flood with your art the better or do you just stick with one site? Do you have your own website? And so on?
>>
>>2318564
I have my own website, but it's just a place to host my portfolio. Most jobs I've had were from responding to postings or through contacts. Unless you are famous on social media you probably won't get a ton of clients approaching you.
>>
My way is far from optimal, but I have a tumblr and a half abandoned deviantart.

In the time it took me to reach 35 watchers on deviantart I had 175 on tumblr, and I didn't need to jump through all the hoops of submitting to groups and shit, so I'd say tumblr is easily the more effective medium of the two. Apparently instagram is pretty good but I can't be assed to put my stuff on my phone just to upload it and I didn't see any decent alternative ways.

Usually I use tags like "art" "digital art" 'artists on tumblr' etc. And then whatever stuff is specifically applicable to whatever I just uploaded. I'm pretty sure "artists on tumblr" is a good one to have on everything you do, I'm pretty sure that's the usual one people use to find artists.

Fanart will get you more traffic, it's just a fact of life. They're tags people actually look through because it pertains to their interests.
>>
>>2318618
>Apparently instagram is pretty good
Is it really? I have a sizeable follower count on tumblr because of fanart but I don't even reach a fraction with Instagram. Do I need to whore out each picture with 10 tags or something?
>>
So I dont really advertise, because I am studying and mostly concept arting for my webcomic. But i decided that I'd rather have some fambase, even minimal, before Ill start my webcomic because that'd be much more fun, so I just dump my art on deviantart and that's all. I managed to have something like 200+ watchers that way but most of them are inactive so not much, but hey. I had art tumblr back in the days and yeah everyone were much more active on here so id recommend, but i have shitty internet now so cant really browse tumblr. I had like 700 followers but then deleted my blog. I gained them all by tagging but also going thru tags like 'art' and so on and commenting, liking and reblogging those which were in my 'style'. If you have time it is good way desu
>>
>>2318564
I like his depictions of the shimabara rebellion.
>>
>>2318564

If you want to make a living and become a professional I personally think focusing on online advertising is a waste of time. Get really, really good, set up a nicely designed website with a large body of strong work, and contact clients nearby. Send out postcards per mail in 6 month intervals, call potential clients by phone and see if you can arrange a brief interview with art directors.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.