[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought a medium Intuos Pro with the intent to learn to draw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 09ob5Oc.jpg (24 KB, 500x512) Image search: [Google]
09ob5Oc.jpg
24 KB, 500x512
So I bought a medium Intuos Pro with the intent to learn to draw with it - thinking, that if I learned how to draw on it, that it'd ultimately work in my favor for what I'd like to do (digital art, 3d sculpting, similar), instead of following a more traditional method.

Unfortunately, I'm a lazy asshole who procrastinates on everything, so I've had this great piece of equipment for the last year, and have pulled it out probably less than a dozen times. Over the last few months, I've been working actively to improve myself and to stop acting like a child, but I still don't have the necessary foundational skills to properly utilize this tablet, plus, my hand-eye coordination between a tablet and a monitor has not been developed enough, though I know that comes with time using it.

My choices are:
A. Put my time into something else and appreciate actual artists work.
B. Sell the tablet and go to a traditional pen-and-paper method until I'm decent enough to consider a tablet again (probably a few years of actual study, imo)
C. Stick it out with the tablet.

Thoughts?
Side note, the tablet is in damn near new condition, still have original packaging. If I sold it, I'm hoping to get $250-300 for it, since brand new is $350, and it looks like these guys retain their value. If I sell it, my next tablet would likely be one of those little Intuos Draw ones for under $100, just to keep photoshop editing skills up.
>>
>>2603782
>>pic sorta, but not really related.
>>
Really getting sick of seeing these simpsons image macros.
>>
>>2603784
Yeah man, me too. Glad it caught your eye though.
>>
>>2603782
Send it to me please i can only afford the shitty ones and I want to become a painting wizard.
>>
>>2603782
OP here

My wish is to get on the level of someone like ArtGerm, or Marc Brunet. Of course, that would be a long way off, but that's something I'd like.
>>
>>2603793
Wanna send me $300 bucks?
>>
>>2603782

Since you are actually asking this question here, the answer is by default A, because if you had any, ANY serious motivation whatsoever, the answer would have been C.

B is just nonsense. Btw, a small tablet will make things harder, imho.

Just sell your tablet for $150 to some poor artist who is dedicated but poor, feel good about yourself, and move on.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.