[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you draw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: CmuD2XEVIAANQ7T.jpg (315 KB, 1500x1575) Image search: [Google]
CmuD2XEVIAANQ7T.jpg
315 KB, 1500x1575
How often do you draw?
>>
Every day, until im the last one standing.
>>
Recently lost motivation and been depressed so I'm happy if I manage to draw half an hour
>>
>>2602306

I can draw comfortably for at least 4 hours, but i can grind for about 12 hours a day.

I want to be able to casually draw for at least 12 hours daily but i don't think I have the disicipline for that to be enjoyable.
>>
>>2602324
>but i can grind for about 12 hours a day.

you're a fucking animal anon.
I cant go for more than 4 hours and sometimes I miss a day or two a week. It drives me crazy when I cant discipline myself but I'm also driven crazy in the moment of drawing if I sit and focus too long. I hate it
>>
>>2602311
same
>>
>>2602306
the drawing seems very basic, yet it is so captivating, what is causing that?
>>
>>2602306

>wake up
>go to uni
>come back home at 18:00
>study 2 hours
>draw until 00:00
Sometimes I get less due to eating
I abandoned all vidya and social life
Im jelly of you NEETs I wish I could draw 12 hours a day, I would even do 16
>>
>>2602306
6 days a week. Usually between 1½ and 3 hours a day. Not amazing, but I'm not trying to make my living with art.
>>
File: 1459209942692.png (352 KB, 1056x899) Image search: [Google]
1459209942692.png
352 KB, 1056x899
>>2602311
>>2602359
onwards to victory brothers
>>
Never. Drawing is for fags.
>>
File: 1465158598607.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1465158598607.gif
510 KB, 700x827
Never enough
>>
more often than you
>>
3 hours a day, but only because i do short runs now and i can build my resume while at my job (watching markets)
>>
I had a big break of 3 months after being always (everytime i was drawing) frustrated by looking at my artworks. And 3 days ago I have started to draw again, and I feel free. I don't care if it's shitty or not. I just enjoy drawing.
The problem was that I was always having high expectation and I thought I was better than what I actually was... each time a drawing would come out bad, I was blamming my luck. I couldn't accept that I was worse.
And somehow, all my daily life complexes that made me stress like shit and made me feel anxious about everything disappeared approx. 2 weeks ago... now I just love drawing.
>>
>>2602311
/LAS/ pls go and stay go
>>
about 3 h a day, but I draw every single day without exception
>>
>>2602366
Little color yet intricacy in linework
>>
>>2602306
Trying to pick it up as a hobby. It's not something I can really sit and do forever but i'm setting the bar low and trying to do at least 30 minutes a day.
>>
>>2602306
I try to make drawing time a mixture of work and fun. So I time 2hrs of drawing first. Then after the 2hr mark, I stop measuring the time and just draw

>>2602316
Dont be afraid to draw for fun once in awhile

>>2602370
Neet here, drawing 12 hrs straight drains me. Pls teach me your cunning.
>>
15 mins every other day
>>
File: highfive.gif (2 MB, 525x383) Image search: [Google]
highfive.gif
2 MB, 525x383
>>2602311
>>2602359
>>2602411
This.
>>
2hrs or so a day, it's not enough but it's all I can fit into my schedule. I'm ok with my slow ass progress.
>>
filthy fucking NEET wanting to pick his life back up with art but cant draw more than two hours a day(unless im drawing something I'm reaaally into) and will sometimes skip days.
>>
>>2602306
Once a year.

Someday I'll be an artist.
>>
File: daterapemagic.jpg (19 KB, 465x296) Image search: [Google]
daterapemagic.jpg
19 KB, 465x296
About once every few months, if that. I've gone over a year before without ever putting pencil to paper.

B-but this is the year I'll turn it all around, for sure this time!
>>
5 hours daily occasionally 8 hrs, 6 days a week, then only a few on sundays as a rest day. No secrets, it sucked at first, but i didn't stop and i will never stop.
>>
Not as much as i want to.
Im always burned out after work and i spend my days off usually just looking at art and deconstructing in. Im gonna start learning Miuras style soon, i like the dynamic in his pictures and the level of detail
>>
>>2602306

Every day. I remember in the first few months I would skip some days, but now it's every single day, at least a few pages. I do worry I don't spend enough time on each drawing and work too much on line art and not rendering. But for some reason I find that kind of boring, so I hope I can develop a style that works without a huge amount of rendering.
>>
>>2602306
Not as much as I should. Most of the time, I just want to kill myself.
>>
I study anatomy every day (the whole day in summer, obv. eat and sleep). I never draw finished pieces though.
>>
>>2605251
>I never draw finished pieces though.

you should really spend time just doing that. learning anatomy is important but it becomes kind of irrelevant if you never work on the process of actually working through pieces. you learn a lot through completing pieces
>>
>>2605251
Same.

Though like the OP below you says. I should take care of that.
>>
>>2604598
Wanna post results?

And I might need to try that
>>
>>2602966
>Pls teach me your cunning.
I just enjoy what I do
But lately I have been more interested in drawing than in programming
>>
>>2605411
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7727.html
don't have much posted but i'll be updating it and branching out soon.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.