[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i call it jesus trying to catch a caterpie - 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 6161.png (3 MB, 1100x2127) Image search: [Google]
6161.png
3 MB, 1100x2127
i call it
jesus trying to catch a caterpie - 2016
>>
While this may initially read as a pointless picture, I would like to dissuade you from such a dismissive stance.

'jesus trying to catch a caterpie' by David©aplan is a critical examinations into the subjects of religion, modernity, technology, and the continuation of art.

In such, a certain spirituality is addressed, being the three-fold comparison of religion, or aesthetic representation of such, the pursuit of consumerism and the escape into digital space.
Each represents a certain form of escapism and artifice.
The painting, store, and digital-fictional caterpillar show how the popular interests of general Western society rely on man-made environments and objects.
The sole representation of the natural world is a facsimile, reminding us that our outlook on ecological matters rely on trend.

The capture via phone being intentionally made present shows us the new viewing device of our age, as our eyes are made obsolete by the glowing digital screens.

The fact that Christ is made translucent reflects on the Hegelian idea of Aesthetics, Spirit and Religion, in such that we are shown that Pokemon Go represents a buildingblock for the XXVIth century's Zeitgeist, and that via the convalescence of such factors truths into our current modes of being are made clear.

Overall, a striking social commentary that lends a deeper metaphysical meaning to the affairs of human and heaven.

8.92/10
>>
>>2601607
I dig it, is this digital though?

If so, break out the oils and work that bitch out.
>>
>>2601636
You're not even trying
>>
>>2601636
kek
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.