[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easiest way to see through forms?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
What's the easiest way to see through a form?

I always imagine what I'm looking at cut in half.

I do the same thing whether I'm looking at a reference or when I'm drawing from imagination. I always pretend some one ran an imaginary knife through whatever I'm drawing.

Does anybody have an easier method than that?
>>
Once you master drawing simple shapes in 3d objects (in any perspective), seeing through forms is second nature.
>>
>>2601548
What's the best way to do that though?
I always draw cylinders from life from basic objects around the house.

I'm trying to get a good mastery before I walk away from form. Since I've been drawing in 2D for so long, it's the first thing that flies out of my mind when I pick up a pencil.
>>
>>2601549

just do it a lot, there is no secret.
>>
>>2601552
So should I just keep drawing from life?
>>
>>2601558
You can study forms in photos too
>>
>>2601567
I'm kind of scared that I'm too inexperienced to do that accurately.

I'm worried I'll start doing it incorrectly and turn that into my habit.
>>
>>2601558

Yea keep drawing from life. You'll see and feel yourself getting better.
>>
>>2601570
>>I'm worried I'll start doing it incorrectly and turn that into my habit.

A lot of people fear that, however when you look at something you did even a normie could sense that something is wrong. Just make sure to stay selfcritical. you don't need to worry about "bad habits" as long as you stay sincere and self critical
>>
>>2601546
Have you studied perspective?
>>
Always try to draw and understand the "back lines". What would the base of that cube look like if you were to draw it? Same with the cylinder, cone, and sphere. Whenever I draw an object I'll always draw its base so that I know the space it incorporates.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.