[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT artist you used to think were good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 20
ITT artist you used to think were good
>>
I used to fap to a lot of western art on da. Less than one month if drawing and I can shit on their art. They get commissions too.
>>
>>2601397
Jhonen vasquez
>>
File: 47892734.jpg (297 KB, 430x595) Image search: [Google]
47892734.jpg
297 KB, 430x595
>>2601397
>Dislikes drawing backgrounds
>Doesn't give a crap about color theory
>She was the one that recommended the use of flash over hand drawn
And more stuff like that. She wrote it in some book about mlp or interview which name I don't remember.
>>
File: modellskitt.png (12 KB, 492x439) Image search: [Google]
modellskitt.png
12 KB, 492x439
Cyarin. I have no idea why I used to like her stuff, as I feel like puking when watching it now
>>
File: sycrayasinnorthdeltaartistkony.jpg (105 KB, 725x468) Image search: [Google]
sycrayasinnorthdeltaartistkony.jpg
105 KB, 725x468
>>
File: princess.png (547 KB, 829x830) Image search: [Google]
princess.png
547 KB, 829x830
>>2601464
It wouldn't surprise me if most artists who do caricature just mess around with the liquify tool in Photoshop and then just trace the shit out of it
>>
File: mybitch.jpg (38 KB, 300x319) Image search: [Google]
mybitch.jpg
38 KB, 300x319
This.
I used to think ruuich4n was the shit. I knew her as killer-monkeh when she had the comic, Them Dudes, on smackjeeves. Her style isn't terrible and if you find her deviantArt, you can see she improved a lot, so I'm not ragging on her. It's just that I can't believe I thought it was top tier shit once upon a time.
>>
>>2601464
I don't really understand why people legitimately don't like his work. He isn't fantastic, but he is good. Definitely not bad. Could i ask for a synopsis on his mistakes as an artist?
>>
>>2601425
sinix?
>>
me
>>
>>2601425
>>2601507
Invader Zim creator
>>
>>2601495
I think it's really just because of a recent stream of his where he more or less gave his depressing life story and put people off.
>>
File: 1463439543966.png (151 KB, 502x575) Image search: [Google]
1463439543966.png
151 KB, 502x575
>>2601495
Don't fall for it. Sycra hate posters just want the (You)s.
>>
>>2601540
Hardly a reason to say his art is suddenly shit, but when could you expect solid reasoning from someone on 4chan?
>>
Caravaggio, Delacroix, Bernini.
>>
>>2601495
You can tell he doesn't draw from life, and most find that off-putting. When he creates something it's like an unrelatable autistic universe.

Also LMAO pointy chins and mai style.
>>
>>2601540
>someone is having a hard time
>their life has been a constant struggle
>openly shares the struggle so others that are also having a hard time can relate and possibly feel a little less alone

GOD WHAT A FAGGOT
>>
>>2601545
His work looks like shit though.
>>
>>2601630
>feeling a little less alone
This guy has a wife and many friends.
He shouldn't bother unknown people on the internet with his psychological problems.
That's what his social environment and a psychiatrist are there for.
>>
>>2601397
I had a lot of how to draw books growing up and I thought the art was 10/10 but looking back some of them are decent and some are shit
>>
>>2601675
>He shouldn't bother unknown people on the internet with his psychological problems.
just don't watch the video, genius
>>
>>2601630
Listen here faggot: everybody, EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS EARTH has problems. Nobody cares about your fucking problems. They might pretend to, but they don't.
>>
I used to think Craig Mullins, Jaime Jones, and Ruan Jia were good but then I became better than them and realized how shit they are.
>>
>>2601540
That stream is recent

Have you been here long enough? People on /ic/ haven't liked him for a while
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>>2601439
What the fuck, and /co/ fucking praises her?

Glad I never looked up to her for animation
>>
>>2601687

So you're presumably a well established concept artist?
>>
>>2601675

>He shouldn't bother unknown people on the internet with his psychological problems.

Nigga he didn't fucking hold you down and force you to listen to him. He didn't even put you in a situation where it'd be rude to ignore him. Just don't watch the damn video.
>>
>>2601685

>I completely lack empathy so everyone else must lack it too

You can at least be glad that sociopaths usually do alright.
>>
Used to think he was really good some sort of art god.

Now I realize he's just alright compared to alot of people in the industry.
>>
>>2601688
>>2601626
You gotta admit it added fuel to the fire though.
>>
>>2601704
No you retard, I have empathy, and that's how I know that bitching about your stupid problems doesn't make you a special snowflake. Being unable to handle your own problems on your own makes you dependent and weak, and people are much less likely to depend on YOU when you are both in a position of strength, or when someone is having ACTUAL, mortal problems.
>>
File: 1459427061397.png (122 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
1459427061397.png
122 KB, 480x358
>>2601727
>being unable to handle your own problems on your own makes you dependent and weak
>other people can't depend on you

The fuck are you talking about. You might think it sounds like a gay-ass cliché, but you know, people actually help each other from time to time. It's called not being an asshole.
>>
>>2601727
There's a difference between constantly dumping emotional baggage and venting you know
>>
File: shoorayner.png (203 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
shoorayner.png
203 KB, 400x400
this geezer.
>>
>>2601495
>>2601540
Sycra is bad. If you get more mileage/ better at the fundamentals, you'll see it too.
>>
palcomix guy
>>
>>2601717
That's really good.
Why is his pocket bleeding skittles tho
>>
>>2601694
I was just shitposting, anon.

But to be serious for a second, I used to be impressed by Feng Zhu. Now I think he's a lazy hack with bad taste.
>>
>>2601762
>>2601767
Literally the mindset of a woman
>>
>>2601824
Nah it's called intimacy, happens between all kinds of people
>>
>>2601685
wow, you're literally retarded.

Let's break down your post real quick like.
>everybody, EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS EARTH has problems.
No shit? I literally said in the post you're reply to that "o others that are also having a hard time can relate ". So congrats, you don't know how to read.

>Nobody cares about your fucking problems.
Do you know what the meaning of projection is? Are you super lonely anon?

>They might pretend to, but they don't.
Yup, you are lonely.

>>2601675
Christ, you're retarded as well.

>This guy has a wife and many friends.
You realize I was talking about the people relating to him might feel a little less alone. Also, are you him? Do you know how close he is to his friends or even wife? Maybe, like many people, put on a smiling face to hide their true emotions.

Last I checked, it's his stream. He's not forcing this onto anyone. It's not a class people paid for. Maybe he feels safe there by the slight disconnection inherent to the internet so that he can be a bit more open than he would be in person.

If hearing someone's problems trigger you this much... you have some issues yourself. Maybe if you listen to how he is dealing with his issues you could learn a thing or two on how to deal with your own faggotry.

>That's what his social environment and a psychiatrist are there for.
>social environment
What... exactly do you think the internet is anon? Is it not a social environment? Are you against people openly sharing and communicating information? Are you against discussing philosophy and ideas? Are you a stupid faggot? (I know that last one. Yes, you are. You are a stupid faggot.)

/ic/ is filled with the most insecure morons I have ever seen.
>>
>>2601727
>that's how I know that bitching about your stupid problems doesn't make you a special snowflake.
P R O J E C T I O N

The best part is how completely and utterly unaware you are of your retardation. You're just sitting there typing away as shit flies right over your head.
>>
Me.
>>
>>2601864
>intimate with strangers on the internet

Nah you're just an overfeminized fruit that likes to complain about nothing
>>
>>2601864
*between women and faggots
>>
>>2601872
If you don't agree with me, construct a valid argument instead of shit flinging. Maybe dealing with your own problems like an adult will make you stop regressing into an emotional child when faced with different opinions.
>>
File: -mika-.jpg (83 KB, 240x400) Image search: [Google]
-mika-.jpg
83 KB, 240x400
I see this thread went to shit.
Lets roll for some dubs then
>>
>>2601885
check mine
>>
>>2601877
>>2601878
Was talking about real life and friends- sometimes people get vulnerable and spill some personal shit to you. Not to you, obviously, but this is a thing that happens in life believe it or not.

If some guy with a youtube channel wants to talk about his childhood or whatever to his followers it's his choice to get personal with the internet. I'm not that open most of the time but won't demean anyone who is because that's just a shitty thing to do.
>>
File: Choco-Moo-Japanese-Artist-012.jpg (317 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Choco-Moo-Japanese-Artist-012.jpg
317 KB, 1500x1000
I definitely think I'm better than her now
>>
>>2601880
>construct a valid argument
The argument is you're projecting you fucking retard.

Christ, you are completely unaware.
>>
>>2601897
Friends are friends. Yeah it's fine to talk about legit issues that you have every once in a while, but chronic complaining makes for a very shitty friend. Again, it is best for both parties in any kind of relationship if both come from a position of personal strength, that's what seperates effective teamwork from codependency.

People who bitch about their petty problems to the Internet should criticized because they're exposing vulnerability to a harsh and uncaring public that's infested with emotional parasites and starfuckers.
>>
>>2601906
>>2601910
Man is it 16 year olds who think they know everything o clock already?
>>
>>2601906
First of all, I don't think you even know what that word means in the context of arguments

Secondly, "fallacy fallacy".
>>
>>2601913
>I have empathy, and that's how I know that bitching about your stupid problems doesn't make you a special snowflake.
>empathy
>Being unable to handle your own problems on your own makes you dependent and weak,

These two statements directly contradict on another. It shows you have no idea what empathy even means and is a perfect example that you think your world view is the only one, hence projection.

em·pa·thy
ˈempəTHē/Submit
noun
the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

You're so retarded there's nothing anyone in this world could do to make you realize how incredibly stupid you are. Like, if you can't see the incredibly amount of hypocrisy in your above statements then I'm pretty sure you are actually literally retarded.

Do you not understand that the very fact people disagree with you proves you don't understand the concept of empathy?

Just right the fuck over your head.
>>
>>2601925
fucking autocorrect I swear to god.
>>
>>2601925
Oh god I love how mad you're getting. Just keep on proving me right about you being an emotional child with each post, good lord.

>These two statements directly contradict on another. It shows you have no idea what empathy even means

You don't seem to be able to understand that you can be able to empathize with other peoples emotions without feeding on them like a leech. As much as I hate seeing people suffer, I also recognize that problems come and go, and I don't want to become the enabler of other people's weaknesses.

>and is a perfect example that you think your world view is the only one, hence projection.

I don't think that my worldview is the only one, I just think that my ability to empathize is better than yours, which is why I don't let people become dependent on me for emotional stability, because I know that that is morally wrong. You don't.

>You're so retarded there's nothing anyone in this world could do to make you realize how incredibly stupid you are. Like, if you can't see the incredibly amount of hypocrisy in your above statements then I'm pretty sure you are actually literally retarded.

Here we see the ever expanding babblings of an emotional child who has spent way too long relying on others to prevent losing their marbles.

>Do you not understand that the very fact people disagree with you proves you don't understand the concept of empathy?

Do you not understand that differing opinions has absolutely nothing to do with being able to understand peoples emotions and everything to do with being a fucking human?
>>
File: tfw puddle.jpg (229 KB, 807x1013) Image search: [Google]
tfw puddle.jpg
229 KB, 807x1013
>>2601873
>>
>>2601925
>empathy
>projecting
Fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>2601948
Also this
>>
>>2601941
>Oh god I love how mad
This is my favorite reply. People that use the "umad?" argument have completely given up because they have realized they are literally retarded.

The fact you think I care about some retard on /ic/ is yet another drop in the ocean that is your sad sad stupidity.
>>
>>2601982
So you stopped trying to form a coherent argument, huh?
>>
>>2601985
you really are illiterate aren't you?
>>
>>2601985
You are incapable of understanding the simplest of concepts. Trying to argue with someone as stupid as you is like trying to explain quantum entanglement to a first grader was downs.
>>
>>2601987
I just took the time to rebuke each individual point that you made, and the best you could come up with is nitpicking the first line of my post in order to inject assumptions that you pulled out of your ass and sprinkle in a weak ass ad-hominem?

Anon, YOU have given up.
>>
>>2601989
All you have to do is form a coherent argument senpai. If you really think that you're right, it shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>>2601992
>>2601990
Since you didn't quite understand my post apparently.

You're an idiot. You're so far beneath me there is no point in even trying.
>>
>>2601997
Then why do you keep replying, unless you're completely butt-blasted?
>>
>>2601998
Bored. Waiting for photoshop to rotate.
>>
File: 1454120324307.gif (547 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1454120324307.gif
547 KB, 500x375
>>2602012
Well since you have nothing better to do, would you do me a huge favor respond to at least one of the points that I made in this post >>2601941? I promise that I'll try to understand as best as I can.
>>
>>2601718
Fuck are you talking about, If anything I saw more people sympathizing with him.

The level of hate is about the same
>>
>>2601397
Genzoman.
>>
>>2601397
Is that Mary Doodles ?
I used to love her and she was the one that got me into watercolor and take drawing seriously
Now I think her art is shit
>>
>>2601792
Weird in-joke/thematic thing. That guy is always losing his skittles.
>>
>>2601495
>inb4 sycra forced style meme
>>
glitchedpuppet/purplekecleon
>>
File: 乳房.jpg (49 KB, 700x934) Image search: [Google]
乳房.jpg
49 KB, 700x934
Not this artist but a lot of anime artists in general.
>>
>>2601685
Bruh, do the world a favor and end your life. I'm being serious. You won't be missed.
>>
File: gildenstern_by_tommy631-d4zavme.png (993 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
gildenstern_by_tommy631-d4zavme.png
993 KB, 900x900
>>2601397
His art got me into art, not to say its bad. But it is certainly a lot less appealing now than it was many years ago.
>>
>>2601397
Me.
>>
>>2601545
Yay, my bingo board is getting used
>>
File: 1414562258029.jpg (133 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1414562258029.jpg
133 KB, 500x375
>>2601901
what is she doing
>>
File: duel_by_hokunin-d28pvjy.jpg (180 KB, 1000x812) Image search: [Google]
duel_by_hokunin-d28pvjy.jpg
180 KB, 1000x812
>>
>>2601885
Holy shit flat Mika is actually god tier.
>>
>>2604070
Don't get mad at me because you can't handle reality you manchild.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.