[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing Tablets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 41MYj1SX-OL.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
41MYj1SX-OL.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
What's a good, reasonably priced decent sized tablet (one that lets me use my arm to draw) with a screen built into it?

The disconnect between hand and screen simply isn't good for learning how to draw.
>>
>spending $1000+ for learning how to draw
use a frickin pencil
>>
>>2599823
That's bullshit. As long as you get something choice af like the Huion Giano® you'll be fine. You're just looking to spend your way out of sucking balls at drawing and it's not going to fuckin' happen, take it from me.
>>
>>2599823
>The disconnect between hand and screen simply isn't good for learning how to draw.

What the shit are you talking about
>>
>>2599823
>The disconnect between hand and screen simply isn't good for learning how to draw.
Try paper.
>>
>>2599823

buying a tablet because you think you need one to learn to draw is a horrible decision.

I'm thinking of getting a Surface Pro 3 or 4 because I need a new laptop anyway and want to get into digital drawing though. I've heard pretty decent things about it and that many pros use it.
>>
lmao is this bait

somebody please tell me nobody's mindset of learning is this stupid
>>
>>2599895
I don't want to pull out a piece of paper every-time I do a study, and I have plenty of money.

I'm going to buy a decent tablet when I'm good anyway, so why not do it in advance?

I've been drawing for several hours a day everyday for the past year.
>>
>>2599869
There's a hand-eye disconnect between drawing on a basic tablet and drawing on a computer screen.

Your hand is on a pen. Your eyes are alternating between a screen and your subject. You're practically filtering what you could be learning thrice. It's simply too much to learn effectively.

On top of this if your tablet is too small, you're mainly drawing with you wrists.
>>
>>2599921
Go ahead and buy a 22HD then.
>>
>>2599928
>hand-eye disconnect
So you trade it off for latency of stroke
>Your hand is on a pen
And you also cover third of screen bu hand
>It's simply too much to learn effectively.
Maybe if you suck.
>you're mainly drawing with you wrists.
only bad if you only draw digital and never pick up a pen or brush
> if your tablet is too small
not appreciating the joy of being traveling artist with A5 tablet in backpack freelancing from anywhere

but yeah if you are more into traditional and you like doing lineart, tablet are cool, also get a good chair and monitor arm, you back will thank you for it
>>
>>2599823
monoprice.

>>2599859
>>2599869

10 years of using a tablet, still can't get use to the disconnect, only use tablets for painting and refining, do all my work traditionally and 'scan' it in for digital.

some people can use a tablet, every fiber of my being tells me something is wrong when i use one to do base sketches.

>>2599880
not really, on a smaller scale i bought a mug for myself because i wanted to drink more water,

I am a VERY cheap motherfucker, paying for the mug made me use it more.
it could be that paying 500+ is the incentive he needs to buckle down and do it.

>>2599921
id still suggest monoprice, you can get wacom when you are good, but no one has the be all end all for penable displays, you are always taking good with the bad.
>>
>>2600425
>10 years of using a tablet, still can't get use to the disconnect

Because you're using a small tablet.
>>
>>2600425
>monoprice

Confirmed "budget" tablet with an active area 1/10th the size of your screen

Get a Giano.

Lord help me I said I'd stop talking about it
>>
>>2599823
Have you actually tried a screenless tablet? If not then it really isn't as difficult as you are making it out to be. For the longest time I could not wrap my head around drawing on a surface but looking at the monitor. I took the plunge and bought a Giano and within about 4 hours I had gotten used to it. The pros to using a screenless tablet is that your hand is never in the way of what your are drawing.
>>
>>2600441
you do realize monoprice makes one of the best penable displays for 450$ right?

>>2600436
huion 610, before that my experience with tabs have all been medium intuos equivalents, with some massive fuck off tablets i used in school.

Its not small, but its not big either. and honestly, but bigger the tablet it would just make my mistakes due to disconnect smaller, would still never feel right.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.