[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about photobashing? I get that it started so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: photobash.png (1 MB, 1024x740) Image search: [Google]
photobash.png
1 MB, 1024x740
How do you feel about photobashing?

I get that it started so concept artist could put together visuals quicker, but some people are trying to make it into it's own thing.
>>
>>
>>2599537
I don't mind photobashing when it looks good, but in order to look good, it has to look hand painted.
>>
File: 2014-06-10_Lara_Bow_E3_Final.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1280) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-10_Lara_Bow_E3_Final.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1280
I don't mind it at all. It's just a different form of art in my mind.
>>
>>2599541
truly magnificent cool futuristic soldier

RIP mr concept art
>>
>>2599541
i dont get it
>>
>>2599593

It's a parody of modern concept art, which has devolved into photo-bashing random technology onto soldiers. Of course the people doing it think they're genius designers, so he was taking the piss out of them.
>>
>>2599537
Looks like garbage, unless it's done well. And when it's done well then it just looks boring.
>>
>>2599537

It's usually done by people who have the intelligence of a video gamer, so rarely is it going to be anything impactful, thought provoking, or non-cliché. For an example see the OP which is so cliché I almost groaned a bit
>>
>>2599656
Didn't some anon research a couple "concept art" pieces of cyber/robot soldiers, and reveal that the helmets and the armor actually were shooped from outboards, motorbike fuel tanks, home appliances and other silly stuff? There was an image with the artwork next to the actual source images used.
>>
>>2599951
>boring.
Yes. Looks very lifeless, streamlined and without character. The good stuff is looking ok, never truly great, and the bad stuff triggers me so hard
>>
Its a tool. its not a solution for every problem but can help out with a good number of them.

_PHOTO_shop
>>
>>2599960
'impactful'

This word makes Americans look stupid to everyone else in the world that speaks English.
>>
>>2602115
>"This word, commonly used by native English speakers, makes you look stupid to non-native English speakers"

Uh?
>>
File: 1403232670059.jpg (207 KB, 638x922) Image search: [Google]
1403232670059.jpg
207 KB, 638x922
>>2599537
>>2599960
OP may be cliché, but I really like that pic.

About photobashing, I'm cool with it as long as it's know is photobashing.
I mean, I personally don't really like things or techniques that try to look like another.

For example a work of digital that tries to look like a watercolor or an oil painting, those kind of 'tricks' are not my cup of tea.

I think every technique has its own characteristics that make it special and unique, so deceiving others about what technique you're using seems fake and dirty to me.
>>
File: UlquiHime Amazing.jpg (53 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
UlquiHime Amazing.jpg
53 KB, 413x600
>>2603584
>>
It looks like shit, but what I hate the most about photobashing is that it leads to lazy design choices. A leading photobasher took a photo from a high fashion runway and added a few brush strokes on top and had the nerve to call it a "costume design". The fuck nigger, you didn't design shit
>>
I think It can be good Sometimes.
What Bugs me is when someone obviously photobashes or manipulates and doesn't say it trying to pull it off as they're own.
Lost a lot of respect for an artist I liked when I seen him doing this and hiding from anyone who pointed it out.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.