[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>LMAO I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT ART IS A COLLABORATIVE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160712_041045.jpg (60 KB, 506x670) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160712_041045.jpg
60 KB, 506x670
>LMAO I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT ART IS A COLLABORATIVE PROCESS BETWEEN THE ARTIST AND THE AUDIENCE
>>
>>2598713
What a load of suckers.
>>
>>2598713
I'm actualy ok with these modern art hipsters calling actual artists that try to improve their skill 'ilustraturs' instead of 'artists' to seperate themsellves from people with skill.
and there is always something to laugh at aslong as these snowflakes are around.
>>
>>2598795
I don't like how the term "artist" is used these days. More than anything it's used for musicians I think which doesn't sit right with me
>>
>>2598819
"Artist" hasn't meant anything for a long time.
>>
>>2598795
There's also the normies who often glamorize the act of being seen as an artist without the work part.
>Oh, I have to WORK and READ and STUDY for this to be good?
>When do I get to smoke the weed?
>Art has no rulez u dummy!
>>
>>2598901
>implying being an artist requires work
>>
>>2598939
You're right, it doesn't. Being good at art does, though.
>>
>>2598939
>>2598942
Arguably you're technically not an artist unless you're good at it.
>>
>>2598947
That's pretty subjective anon. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

There's not one piece of artwork that's objectively good.
>>
>>2598949
Your devaluing of the quality of skillful art is the reason why the art world is such a shitshow right now as illustrated by the OP
>>
>>2598713
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to see hear it, is it still art? Apparently not if you need an "audience" for art to exist. Or maybe that just makes no fucking sense you faggot OP
>>
File: 1445735335810.jpg (86 KB, 850x506) Image search: [Google]
1445735335810.jpg
86 KB, 850x506
>>2598949
Beauty is not in the eye of the normie who hasn't seen anything art related in his life until his normie friends wanted to go to an art gallery.

These people do not know anything, it's the same thing as csgo knifes, people think it's rare, expensive and that they should like it so they do.
>>
>>2598952
This x1000
>>
File: b8dd9e4bdfe181fd604850e.gif (369 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
b8dd9e4bdfe181fd604850e.gif
369 KB, 600x800
>>2598949
exactly, modern art made it's point, theres no point into jerking over it for decades, we have to move on.
probably by giving it's value back to skill but not clinging to it
>>
>>2598949
>uninformed opinions are just as valuable as informed opinions

they're not
>>
>>2598949
Sounds like a normie talk tbqh.
There might not be an objectively good piece of art, but perspective, anatomy, principles of aesthetics and composition, tricks of leading the eye, color theory and line quality remain objective throughout the centuries. Trends change, but there won't come a point where people come to a conclusion that the old masters weren't good after all.
>>
>>2598713
Art that depends on the audience to come up with their own creative meaning for the art in order to enjoy it has no value.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.