[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any homemade replacements for a nub?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: mVrKUG5.jpg (55 KB, 580x390) Image search: [Google]
mVrKUG5.jpg
55 KB, 580x390
The nub on my Huion tablet just off and disappeared. I dumped the contents of my bag and it's nowhere to be found. With the fucking 8 dollar shipping, a new set comes out to 16 bucks.Yeah, I'm a poor bitch, I don't have the money. You guys have any acceptable ideas on a cheaper alternative to jam up in there that may work?

Pic related, that's the tablet.
>>
>>2598496
Does your huion have any removable parts, like for the wireless kits and other stuff? the bastards were well hidden there in my Intuos, not under whatever the piece was covering but on the actual piece itself. Try looking there.
>>
Try looking inside the pen stand.
>>
I heard of a kid using toothpicks...
>>
>>2598547
Nothing in there. Not even any extras./

>>2598533
I've pretty much given up on looking for the original nub because if I were to look any further, I'd be cracking the tablet open to look inside. I just have no idea how it popped off. Seems removable though, seeing as how the stylus isn't cracked or anything.
>>
>>2598553
Jesus, that sounds like something that would scratch the tablet something fierce.

Fuck if I'm not tempted though.
>>
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-build-your-own-tablet-stylus/
>>
>>2598557

There's a trick that works with Wacom pens about using stiff trimmer wire that'd normally be used with weed-whackers. It won't tally up to $16, and if you can find one that'll work for your pen you'll have about a gorillion nibs for ~$5.
>>
>>2598561
Problem with this is that the stylus apparently has a chip in it to detect movement and, yeah, drawing.
>>
>>2598557
>Nothing in there.

Are you sure? I think I've got exactly the same tablet and it came with four spare nibs in the stand.

Best bet is to see if someone can measure the exact diameter of a huion nib with calipers and then buy a piece of plastruct or evergreen styrene rod.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.